PDA

View Full Version : My New Backpack Arrived

Phil
06-25-2007, 10:58 PM
About a week ago I ordered a backpack from Eberlestock. I'm trying to get some gear together for a sheep hunt this fall and this was the next essential piece of equipment to purchase. It arrived a few days ago and I held off opening the box until tonight when I had time to check it out thoroughly. It is the Dragonfly J107 and it is freeken wicked:mrgreen:. It appears to be well made with heavy duty construction and a tonne of large accessible pockets. I tryed it on and adjusted the straps and it feels very comfortable. I can't wait to load it up this weekend and hit a few trails to break it in (or break me in). Just another excuse to go bear hunting again this weekend:-D. I'll let you know how it performs with a load of bear meat in it:mrgreen:.

wetcoasthunter
06-26-2007, 07:13 AM
Isn't bear season over??

270WIN
06-26-2007, 07:22 AM
i through some supplies in my pack the other night and when for about a 5 km walk up 88 in langley boy do you get some funny looks lol. i have a tatonka external frame pack.

Phil
06-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Isn't bear season over??

No.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wild/documents/h&t_synopsis_06_07.pdf

Open in region 5 until the 30th of June

Derek_Erickson
06-26-2007, 07:30 AM
How do you like the back pack phil?

Phil
06-26-2007, 10:20 PM
So far it looks great. I'll have it out on the weekend to run it through its paces.

Davinci
06-27-2007, 12:14 AM
I just got my J107 too...just what I was hoping for, great construction and well thought out. I'm really looking forward to our upcoming hunting trip on the QC...can't wait to try out the bp.:-D

Bow Walker
06-27-2007, 07:14 AM
So far it looks great. I'll have it out on the weekend to run it through its paces.
Obviously someone here hasn't been acquainted with the "Man Law".....8)

It states that (among other things) you cannot post a thread that touts a new toy or a 'just taken' trophy without posting pictures!

Now get to it! :wink:

Phil
06-27-2007, 08:06 AM
http://www.eberlestock.com/J107%20Dragonfly.htm

Here are the pics of the pack from Eberlestock. If you want ones of me wearing it you'll have to wait until after the weekend:mrgreen:

Steeleco
06-27-2007, 08:39 AM
OK teach! how about a link that works. Failing grade!!!

BlacktailStalker
06-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah lets see some pics after the weekend. i am contemplating that one or just the J104. Also post the dimensions if you dont mind and a pic with the pack ON as small as it goes and one as big as it goes. Much appreciated! Have fun breaking it in.

Phil
06-27-2007, 10:16 PM
OK teach! how about a link that works. Failing grade!!!

All right now, no talking out of turn. Try the link again as it seems to work fine for me. Next time raise your hand young man.:-D

Steeleco
06-27-2007, 10:19 PM
All right now, no talking out of turn. Try the link again as it seems to work fine for me. Next time raise your hand young man.:-D

I'll find my own way to the corner!!!, OH crap your not allowed to do that here. That must be my short UK education coming back :wink::wink:

OK so it works now!

daycort
06-27-2007, 11:01 PM
hmmm. that pack looks good. would like to here what it is like with some weight in it. I have a few packs and have a hard time getting one to fit right. long legs and a short torso. (6'2" and change in hieght) I just like to find the perfect fit for my hunting comforts. Finally found the right day pack(badlands).

troutseeker
09-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Well I needed a decent pack and just ordered the J104 with all the trimings. I should have it in about a week. I'll let you know how it works out.

Troutseeker