PDA

View Full Version : 100 mile moose - trade for some Barkley Sound/Bamfield fishing

gamechanger
09-25-2016, 09:38 AM
Hi guys, I'm heading up to 100 mile for a moose draw Oct 1. I'm a islander, know nothing about the place, never hunted there before and am going in blind with the brother-in-law. Was wondering if there's anybody up there that may be interested in coughing up a bit of help/info to get us on a moose in exchange for the same getting you on some salmon/halibut/prawns in Barkley Sound/Bamfield. Thanks, Brad

Buck
09-25-2016, 10:08 AM
Which zone do you have?

quadrakid
09-25-2016, 03:54 PM
If someone helps you get your moose in exchange for anything it is considered illegal guiding i believe. I know that is not your intention but that is how a co may construe it.

nolimits
09-25-2016, 04:07 PM
If someone helps you get your moose in exchange for anything it is considered illegal guiding i believe. I know that is not your intention but that is how a co may construe it.
Not if this only info exchange. This in no way different than exchanging or asking for info on this forum.

gamechanger
09-25-2016, 04:45 PM
Oops, my bad 5-2B. Illegal guiding isn't what I was looking for officer, just a bit of info, local knowledge...that kind of thing.

Buck
09-25-2016, 05:07 PM
Moffat lake area is good you will have company there.But Moose are in that area.

gamechanger
09-25-2016, 06:20 PM
A PM would be fine, didn't think people would want to post openly.

gamechanger
09-26-2016, 03:20 PM
Thanks guys for the information, appreciate it. Good to know there are some good folks on here willing to share and trade info. Cheers.

f350ps
09-26-2016, 07:14 PM
Wow, that's digging deep!! Let me guess, you live on or under a rock? K

REMINGTON JIM
09-26-2016, 07:23 PM

Easy there KID ! hes just looking for a bit of info ! ;-) RJ

quadrakid
09-26-2016, 08:03 PM
No problem with exchanging info,did not mean to cause any grief but the original post states; Hundred mile moose trade Barcley Sound fishing,. WE have had cases on HBC where guys ask for things like illegal guiding etc. We have seen this a number of times ,with cougar and elk.Best to nip things in the bud or at least let a fellow hunter know he might want to reword something.No disrespect to the OP,good luck on your hunt,call in a nice bull.

Grinder
09-26-2016, 08:41 PM
illegal guiding?? are you serious guy? give me a break buddy. it's a guy helping another guy out. What happened to the old school barter system. I guess I'm just to old school. I can't believe someone even commented that it is illegal. wow.

pieter
09-26-2016, 09:10 PM
We are in the same boat heading up from the island on Oct 1 completely blind the guy that was supposed to come that has been there got side lined now on our own