PDA

View Full Version : Pink Mountain Info

conrad08
09-24-2016, 04:23 PM
Hey guys, I am heading into Pink Mountain on Tuesday with 6 fellow hunters. I am wondering if anyone has heard if elk have started rutting/ bugling yet in that area and if anyone has any advice as to which direction to head from Pink to find the herds. I prefer to park and spend the day hiking so even any info on direction to head or landmarks (rivers, lakes, mntn ranges) would be great, thanks all ! Not expecting anyone to pinpoint a spot but some advice would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you got something you'd like to share or st continue this thread on the forum.

tigrr
09-24-2016, 04:30 PM
Take chains for the trucks and atv's. Story is, it is pretty wet.

squamishhunter
09-24-2016, 05:43 PM
Dry for the past week. Rain tonight, but dry again after. But prepare for the worst.

Bear Chaser
09-24-2016, 07:10 PM
Stay off the private land of you don't have permission from the landowner.

FsjElkHunter
09-24-2016, 07:28 PM
Lots of area to hunt. Elk are still rutting and bugling. My sisters cousin had one bugling 2 nights ago. Generally they rut till end of Sept. Sometimes you can still get them going in beginning of Oct. A buddy from work shot a a huge 7x7 whitetail there last year too so get your tag for that too.

Beaverhunter
09-24-2016, 09:06 PM
Stay off the private land of you don't have permission from the landowner.
Excellent advise.

conrad08
09-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Thanks guys appreciate the help. Anyone know if they'll be in higher or lower elevation this time of year?

Agent Orange
09-25-2016, 03:58 PM
My experience the last couple years says that they will be high in the hills.
Hike hard and use cow calls once you've located a bull, and stay away from my honey hole!