PDA

View Full Version : Altitudes for mule deer, near 100 Mile House

bearheart
09-22-2016, 07:59 PM
Got an invite to stay in a cabin near Bowers Lake ( as a base for hunting)1st week of October . What altitude do mule deer tend to be found that time of year in that area? Thanks!

tomahawk
09-22-2016, 08:23 PM
Big mature heavy bucks on 100 mile ridge and on the back side of Lac La Hache in hunting season, just need to know where they are, don't necessarily always head for the sky.

lone wolf
09-22-2016, 09:55 PM
Pay attention out there . Wolf pack been sighted about 3 km up the windy rd. Dont hesitate to chuck some lead at them . Lots of huge cutblocks up that way. The fresher the better.

Weatherby Fan
09-22-2016, 11:02 PM
I once hunted Lillooet area near Cougar creek, I hiked up to the old trappers cabin and seen tons of sign just below the cabin in elevation.....but being a young energetic sort I kept hiking up and up and didn't see a deer or any sign ?

Spent the night near the alpine next morning still no deer huh what the hell....Midas well hike out of here, got back down just below the trappers cabin and a fellow was caping out one of the biggest four points I've seen, guess I shoulda hunted where I seen all that sign !!!!

Buck
09-23-2016, 12:40 AM
Big bucks all around 100 mile just gotta be in the right place at the right time.Good luck

ElliotMoose
09-23-2016, 12:29 PM
Most of the migratory mulies will have moved out of there by then. Still the odd resident around though and if you do see a buck there's a great chance he will be a gooder. Definitely pack a whitetail tag and as mentioned there is a wolf pack working the area hard from judson to english lake. Critters are pretty wary

bearheart
09-23-2016, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the info gentlemen. I'll keep checking in till I head out end of next week.Gives me encouragement to hunt hard everyday.

limit time
09-24-2016, 10:14 AM
The biggest bucks I've seen in that area, live in the 108 :(

capt hook
09-28-2016, 02:07 PM
Driving other night on logging road at dusk and 6 big BIG Wolves ran out in front on me...and maybe more behind...north side of Horse Lake near Earl lake...others have seen this pack recently too.
First time i have ever seen them and so up close it was amazing...they were BIG .
kinda freaked me out...i did not have a gun as i was fence mending.