PDA

View Full Version : lost cabelas cards

shank
09-20-2016, 04:18 PM
some fellow fisherman or hunter seemed to have found my lost cards worth 195.00 and used them to buy what they needed at the store .. who ever you are i hope you enjoyed my christmas present from my two sisters .i lost them in Kamloops while fishing at pass lake and thought for sure someone would turn them in like a nice person would i myself would have and i'n sure everyone reading this but one would have too ..!i am very upset right now as i have to tell my two sisters, that don't make much money that my cards were used buy some low life person with know morels or conscience ..

Beaverhunter
09-20-2016, 05:45 PM
Where would they turn them into?

tinhorse
09-20-2016, 05:49 PM
That's a tough one. Unless your name and number are on them....well...... I think the right thing to do would put up a note at the place where they were found and say that the person claiming needs to know the amount before returned but maybe they did do that and the note was torn down. Hard to say if they were low life or not.

notyalc
09-20-2016, 06:23 PM
That sucks the big one! But as the others have said, where are they suppose to turn them into? Sure they could have taken them to cabelas in hopes that whoever they turned them into didn't just keep them for themselves. But it's 2016 and this world is full of f'ups and douche bags.

ruger#1
09-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Must be more to the story. Did you lose your wallet?

Wentrot
09-20-2016, 06:38 PM
I'd fully expect someone to use the gift card if I lost one. It's impossible to track down the owner isn't it?

CHEAM
09-20-2016, 08:15 PM
That sucks that you lost your card! But I think I would just go buy myself something for 200 dollars then show to my sisters. Tell them thank you for the gift and call it a life lesson.

cueball
09-20-2016, 09:12 PM
When did you lose them? how long after you lost them were they used? How do you know they didn't try to find the owner?
as said above, i'd go buy something and not tell my sisters i lost them, selfish to make them feel crappy too.
cueball

Buckmeister
09-20-2016, 10:22 PM
Hate to say it man, but dems the brakes. YOU lost the cards. The fact that someone found them and used them is like salt in the wound and it sucks. Crappy to have to admit that to sisters. Likely better off to keep it quiet.
Curious to know why you would take your cards fishing anyways? I would be inclined to keep them in a secure location until I knew I was headed to the store for purchase. Sorry to hear about the lose, but lesson learned I guess.

Sinperama
09-20-2016, 10:57 PM
Can I take your two sisters out to Cabelas so they can buy you another gift card?:tongue:

northof49
09-20-2016, 11:40 PM
That sucks that you lost your card! But I think I would just go buy myself something for 200 dollars then show to my sisters. Tell them thank you for the gift and call it a life lesson.

agree....if theybwould be upset they dont need to know

caper321
09-21-2016, 06:02 AM
FOUND, $20.00 bill. 14.4k up whipsaw creek in princeton. Owner needs to describe the pictures in full detail to claim. Contact me at 604- you-lost ��........Sorry to hear about your loss, but that's like finding cash in the woods. Don't expect to see it again .

Leaseman
09-21-2016, 07:44 AM
No way to return them as they are not attached to any name!! As posted above, just like finding cash in the bush.....:roll:

Andrewh
09-21-2016, 08:19 AM
ahhhh deflection of blame...

You lost them and you didn't bother to register them (so you can cancel them if lost), but yet it is someone else's fault?

BRvalley
09-21-2016, 08:24 AM
I know this doesn't help now....but if your sisters gave you the original or gift receipts to the cards, you could've called the 800 number or visited any customer service desk to issue new cards for the remaining (hopefully unused) balance

srthomas75
09-21-2016, 10:18 AM
I I get the feeling that the OP was looking for more compassion for his loss. Oh well. Treat gift cards like cash just like they say. One reason gift cards are kind of dumb. They are just like cash except you can only use them at one place.

Downtown
09-21-2016, 12:56 PM
some fellow fisherman or hunter seemed to have found my lost cards worth 195.00 and used them to buy what they needed at the store .. who ever you are i hope you enjoyed my christmas present from my two sisters .i lost them in Kamloops while fishing at pass lake and thought for sure someone would turn them in like a nice person would i myself would have and i'n sure everyone reading this but one would have too ..!i am very upset right now as i have to tell my two sisters, that don't make much money that my cards were used buy some low life person with know morels or conscience ..

I am sorry for your Loss perhaps there is a solution and yes I trust whomever cashed them in committed a Crime of Theft and or Fraud because he took something which did not belong to him. If he found the Card he has an obligation to turn them in.

Check with your Sisters because you need proof that they bought the Card from Cabelas. Cabelas should have a record of the Card in question and also whom purchased what with it and there address by using this card. We are in the Computer age this thing should be traceable. Once you have the info go to the Police, its there job to investigate but you have to do your part and give them the tools to do it.

God Luck and as my AB Rancher Friend says " Thieves should be shot on sight and Surveyors should be shot twice"

Glenny
09-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Merry Fn Christmas

Gateholio
09-21-2016, 01:16 PM
I can't see why GC's can't be traceable these days. If so, Cabelas would have a program for it. They must sell an awful lot of GCs

Whonnock Boy
09-21-2016, 01:37 PM
A friend of a friend offered me a gift card to Wanstalls that he had found lying on the sidewalk somewhere. Yes, respectable guy, and business man. He went to the store to see if anything was left on it, and there was. 75 bucks. I gave him 50 for it. I then went in and asked how much was left on the card and asked if anyone had reported it missing. Their reply was no. I didn't use the card for quite some time until I needed some ammo or cleaning supplies or something. The card was still active. I tried....

russm
09-21-2016, 04:29 PM
I am sorry for your Loss perhaps there is a solution and yes I trust whomever cashed them in committed a Crime of Theft and or Fraud because he took something which did not belong to him. If he found the Card he has an obligation to turn them in.

Check with your Sisters because you need proof that they bought the Card from Cabelas. Cabelas should have a record of the Card in question and also whom purchased what with it and there address by using this card. We are in the Computer age this thing should be traceable. Once you have the info go to the Police, its there job to investigate but you have to do your part and give them the tools to do it.

God Luck and as my AB Rancher Friend says " Thieves should be shot on sight and Surveyors should be shot twice"

Who would the person that found them return them to? And how would cabelas know who bought what and where they live? I can't say I've ever had to give cabelas my adress. I can't count how many gift cards I've bought for people and there's never been any personal info given. It sucks to lose something but perhaps youll be more careful with your stuff from now on.

Rhyno
09-21-2016, 05:16 PM
Hate to say it man, but dems the brakes. YOU lost the cards. The fact that someone found them and used them is like salt in the wound and it sucks. Crappy to have to admit that to sisters. Likely better off to keep it quiet.
Curious to know why you would take your cards fishing anyways? I would be inclined to keep them in a secure location until I knew I was headed to the store for purchase. Sorry to hear about the lose, but lesson learned I guess.

ahhhh deflection of blame...

You lost them and you didn't bother to register them (so you can cancel them if lost), but yet it is someone else's fault?

Its crappy for sure but ultimately you are responsible. The above 2 posts pretty much sums things up.

shank
09-21-2016, 05:37 PM
no idn't lose my wallet was pulling my rain coat out from my box where my wallet was and a bunch of stuff and cards fell out and i thought i got them all but i guess i missed my cards and bc medical card so when we lifted the boat upside down they fell on the ground and i didn't notice them ..Cabelas said if they were returned to the store all they had to do was get the number off the card to track who bought them
but shit happens i guess use them as fast as you can and don't put them in your wallet hahahah
oh and i had the reciets for the cards from my sisters which has a transaction no# so they can look into who bought them ...

Whonnock Boy
09-21-2016, 05:53 PM
I guess you didn't realize they were gone until you went to use them?

oh and i had the reciets for the cards from my sisters which has a transaction no# so they can look into who bought them ...

shank
09-21-2016, 06:13 PM
exactly Whonnock Boy went in the store grabed what i wanted went to the till and suprise lol