PDA

View Full Version : Help for 7-14 moose draw?

dirtrider999
09-19-2016, 02:07 PM
So I'm heading to 7-14 oct 1st for me+dad 2 weeks and rest 1 week with 4 or 5 hunting partners and have never hunted this area before (used to always used to go to 7-34).I've been looking over maps and narrowed it down to camping either down the 300 road near docs lake or w Creek road near tincs lake. I'm the only one with an leh draw so I was just wondering if either one of these areas would be better for deer hunting for the majority my hunting group who don't have moose leh. I'm ok with just picking an area and trying it out but my dad wants me to try and get more information.any information would be greatly appreciated but if you don't think I've posted enough to deserve it than just don't post.

Jcaw001
06-22-2020, 02:22 PM
Hey dude i'm in your shoes 11 years down the road. Do you have any advice if you're still around?

kelowna.jordan
06-23-2020, 03:05 PM
Looks like he hasn't been active for a while. I got a bull draw for 7 - 14 this year and was looking for any insight as well.

Jagermeister
06-23-2020, 03:19 PM
You’re just have to go test the waters. Might be a scarce find but enough money can find you success. ��

moosinaround
06-23-2020, 03:57 PM
Looks like he hasn't been active for a while. I got a bull draw for 7 - 14 this year and was looking for any insight as well.
I'll be in 7-14 this year myself hunting moose with a guy from work! I told him I'd call a moose in for him! Moosin

kelowna.jordan
06-23-2020, 04:40 PM
We'll be ok. Just thought maybe someone had hunted there in the past and no longer does and had some useful input. I'll be hitting it hard regardless.

Moosin', that sounds awesome! Good luck out there! ��

barry1974w
06-23-2020, 09:55 PM
It’s a big area, close to Prince George and fort st James (I can be in 7-14 in 20 minutes from my house)so it’s pretty busy on the weekends. But there’s moose around. Not really known for huge numbers of deer, but if you’re not picky odds are alright. Tons of black bears, and if you see any wolves, please shoot em. Good luck, have a fun fun hunt. Any questions shoot me a PM and I’ll answer if I can.

barry1974w
06-23-2020, 10:02 PM
Thinking about it for a moment I’d probably camp at great beaver lake.

Jcaw001
06-29-2020, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the comments gents.

lightmag
07-03-2020, 01:12 PM
Thinking about it for a moment I’d probably camp at great beaver lake.

high traffic area...... id head back behind docs road area, get off the roads, use google maps, find water, old cuts, with tough access, hike in.... lots of moose around, but you need to "hunt" .. you put boots on the ground, time out of vehicle and atvs .... you will find moose, pre rut sept 20-25 giv eor take, best calling time... then they are with cows, can still call in the smaller bulls.

good luck

lightmag
07-03-2020, 01:14 PM
Also elk in the area to hunt (6pt) , again hike, call, hunt.
decent deer numbers.

2tins
07-03-2020, 06:54 PM
Just a heads up but there is gonna be a ton of pipe line trucks around. The 300 was pretty busy last year with guys prepping the area for camps and widening the roads. I haven't been out there yet this year but I can only assume that this will be the case. I would have a good truck radio for traveling around back there as well. That being said, getting up in to the Jumping Lake area might be an idea. I was in there a couple years ago and we could not get our trucks in but could get in with quads. Good spot and good fishing. Be safe.Good luck. 2tins.

barry1974w
07-06-2020, 10:47 PM
high traffic area...... id head back behind docs road area, get off the roads, use google maps, find water, old cuts, with tough access, hike in.... lots of moose around, but you need to "hunt" .. you put boots on the ground, time out of vehicle and atvs .... you will find moose, pre rut sept 20-25 giv eor take, best calling time... then they are with cows, can still call in the smaller bulls.

good luck

great beaver is high traffic, but it’s central with lots of good areas within a short drive. Docs is good, but lots of pipeline stuff going on out there. But that being said, moose are where you find them.

barongan
07-07-2020, 09:21 AM

good luck
nice advicehttps://alreskha.xyz/assets/18/o.png