PDA

View Full Version : Stuff stolen Horseshoe bay

Xenomorph
09-19-2016, 11:54 AM
Better half's car got broken into, high looking couple, driving a blue minivan. They have a pitbull and another smaller dog. Anyone seeing or knowing or able to share any info much, much appreciated.

To be honest, I'd pay the ****s a couple grand to return the computer, no question asked. It's her research on it.

albravo2
09-19-2016, 12:10 PM
That sucks. Sorry to hear. Will keep an eye out.

Camp Cook
09-19-2016, 08:05 PM
Sorry to hear.

I got hit 3 1/2 weeks ago now still dealing with trying to finish my claim and replace my stuff.

CaribooBC
09-19-2016, 09:19 PM
There have been reports of a group of people trying to steal parked motorcycles there as well. Doesn't sound like a safe neighbourhood anymore.

Xenomorph
09-19-2016, 11:45 PM
There have been reports of a group of people trying to steal parked motorcycles there as well. Doesn't sound like a safe neighbourhood anymore.

About time I pack up my work laptop and work wirelessly ...maybe I luck out hunting some two legged geniuses. Honestly though, it could have happened to me instead of my better half, she's doing some amazing work helping people, genuinely helping people and to see her going through this crap ...especially since it was her research and class material for the class she teaches.

Good thing she's a Psychologist and she can give herself some therapy ...I know bad joke, I've got some wine to buy for that.

Surrey Boy
09-19-2016, 11:58 PM

Ridding ourselves of a select few could make our society drastically better.

Remember when Surrey had a car stolen every minute? 90% of that was done by less than a dozen thieves.

albravo2
09-20-2016, 12:03 AM
Ridding ourselves of a select few could make our society drastically better.

Remember when Surrey had a car stolen every minute? 90% of that was done by less than a dozen thieves.

Wow. That is 1440 cars stolen every day. And 90%, or 1296 cars per day, were stolen by less than a dozen thieves? Over 100 cars per day per person. Those are some industrious thieves. I'm not even mad, I'm just impressed.

Surrey Boy
09-20-2016, 12:28 AM
Wow. That is 1440 cars stolen every day. And 90%, or 1296 cars per day, were stolen by less than a dozen thieves? Over 100 cars per day per person. Those are some industrious thieves. I'm not even mad, I'm just impressed.

I might be off, or maybe that was only on weekends, but Surrey was the auto theft capital of the English speaking world.

Better than chop-shops, there was a ring stealing cars to put on ships headed for China where they were sold at market value. A guy at Silver Star Mercedes-Benz was caught making properly chipped keys for them.

Surrey Boy
09-20-2016, 12:33 AM
http://www.timescolonist.com/driving/how-b-c-shut-the-doors-on-car-theft-1.17823

Some reference there, but Surrey residents remember.

srupp
09-20-2016, 01:15 AM
Hmmm not even close. .come to Williams lake..take the Greyhound home..and they are bragging they learn better car stealing techniques while in jail.....
Steven

Xenomorph
09-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Hmmm not even close. .come to Williams lake..take the Greyhound home..and they are bragging they learn better car stealing techniques while in jail.....
Steven

After spending a day and a night rebuilding files and trying to recover as much of the loss as possible ...I have no words, nor understanding for the pricks that have done this. I even posted a reward for the surface Pro, I'd pay them the damn thing, it's material that she won't be getting back anymore

Surrey Boy
09-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Steven

Well, look at your demographics. Don't need to be a market research analyst to figure that out.