PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's Alaskan Outfitter Frame and Harness Only

leftfield
09-18-2016, 09:33 PM
Cabela's Alaskan Outfitter Frame and Harness Only
So I was wondering if any of you guys are using this pack frame and if so what pack are you using with it. Thanks

srupp
09-18-2016, 11:28 PM
Used it for 9 years still going strong, going next week for bear..grizzly..and moose..it is a great pack frame never cracked ripped or broke..it even starred in a 4 second walk on appearance on Wild TV..lol with bear tied to it

I think it's the guide outfitter bag..design is good but bag is heavy..this unit brought over 100 pounds out including sheep head, cape.
Cheers
Srupp

GoatGuy
09-19-2016, 05:33 AM
Mine's had a few trips to the seamstress, particularly the pad that sits between your shoulder blades. Broken buckles, straps etc. It's a bit twisted and also lost a few bolts over the years.

Has the outfitter bag. Overall, for the price, a pretty good pack.

Mikey Rafiki
09-19-2016, 06:33 AM
Mine is still going strong after 8 years or so. Plenty of big elk hind quarters packed out. Paint is flaking and have repaired a seam or two with a heavy needle and spider wire I keep in my kit. Creaks a little but great bang for your buck as I'm not particularly gentle with my gear.

Ron.C
09-19-2016, 06:44 AM
I have two of them.
Bought my original with the pack bag that comes with them. But I now use a Tatonka Lastenkraxe bag on it. I can do 7 day backpack hunts with this combination and it works great.

leftfield
09-19-2016, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys, so far so good....I appreciate the information

leftfield
09-19-2016, 03:25 PM
Part of your 15 minutes of fame no doubt lol.

Used it for 9 years still going strong, going next week for bear..grizzly..and moose..it is a great pack frame never cracked ripped or broke..it even starred in a 4 second walk on appearance on Wild TV..lol with bear tied to it

I think it's the guide outfitter bag..design is good but bag is heavy..this unit brought over 100 pounds out including sheep head, cape.
Cheers
Srupp

RiverOtter
09-25-2016, 08:27 PM
Recently bought the Cabela's pack frame and am fairly impressed, especially considering the money I spent on it, $129 on sale. It has a lot of the features of the Tatonka frame and carries loads fairly well. A huge step up from their older packs with the noisy aluminum pins and cotter rings.

I bought it as a workhorse meat hauler, so have no intention of taking it sheep hunting, though it could prolly fit that roll with an appropriate size bag attached.