PDA

View Full Version : Hunting the extreme south of bc

Steelpulse
09-17-2016, 09:42 PM
I have been hunting the extreme southern portions of bc south penticton, osoyoos and will be hunting them for the remainder of the year for 4 pt mule, bears, moose and elk if I come across and upland, ran into tons of grouse and potentially ptarmigan, where there is no season for them but I'm pretty sure I saw them. Get a picture next time. Can anyone comment of ptarmigan in southern bc alpine. It would be the maximum range for them I think

Also so seening lots of deer, a stupid bear that watched me sight my 30-06 in for an hour, too small to shoot, tons of sign. Weird hunting in the sand, makes tracking interesting

anyone hunting far south in bc can comment on hunting the south all the way to the border? Just previous experiences, weather, rut timing, strategies differing on these desert mules so to say. I'm for sure coming out with a deer just gotta wait for he right one, was a great area will keep updates coming

.308SLAYER
09-18-2016, 06:54 AM
Lol if you see a big buck and get excited try not to lay down in some cactus....some very nice animals in the area if hunting the desert keep your eyes peeled they hide In that sage alot better then you think they can