PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 hunt next weekend, partner needed

russm
09-17-2016, 09:50 AM
So I'm thinking about heading back up to region 3 next weekend to look for a 4 point, i know 330 pretty good but i also know its on a migration route and you have to time it right, I was wondering if there might be someone that has more experience hunting/killing mule deer, Ive had my license about 5-6 years now and I've only got one whitetail under my belt and its not for lack of trying. If you might be interested in showing me a thing or 2 feel free to pm me, I'm not completely clueless, just getting frustrated.

honeyman76
09-17-2016, 10:58 AM
Region 3 is huge Russm, what is the nearest town that you will be hunting by?

CodyRules
09-17-2016, 11:34 AM
Ive only been hunting a couple years myself but i have been seeing deer near helmer lake. Lots of new logging going on so im not sure how it will be this year still trying to punch my first tag as well!

russm
09-17-2016, 11:47 AM
Typically I'm around 3-30, cache creek, clinton, kamloops etc, I don't have a problem finding does, i just can't seem to get into any bucks, I have a antlerless draw for 330 in November.

plumberjustin
09-17-2016, 12:30 PM
3-30 doe draw. Hit Scottie creek, go about 5km, sit and wait in the sagebrush before dark. Thick does all over that area. Will fill your take in a couple hours at most. Bigger bucks come through the 501rd around Remembrance Day.