PDA

View Full Version : Opening day rifle.

bucka
09-16-2016, 10:18 PM
Left for region 8 on Friday aft for a planned 5 dayer. Got to the spot by 3pm. Started feeling a tickle in my nose and throat. Prayed I wouldn't be sick. Awoke at 5:15am sick as a dog. Hunted 2 hours, felt like death and went home. Not the best start to the season... meh. Sorry. That's all I got right now. Hope you all better luck.

CJ Douglas
09-16-2016, 10:37 PM
Feeling the same way man. Get well soon.

itsy bitsy xj
09-16-2016, 10:43 PM
I had it last week just gettin over it now

Piperdown
09-17-2016, 06:58 AM
Oil of oregano, take it when you feel the cold coming on, take lots not just the 4 drops they say. It works for me every time, i do not believe in this sort of thing but i tell you it works. I never leave on a trip with out it, get better soon folks :)

Whonnock Boy
09-17-2016, 08:49 AM
Sure as $hit, when the little virus carrying, disease spreading little rug rats get back to school, the sick bugs start making their rounds in short order. Both the wife and son were sick this week.

Quince
09-17-2016, 08:58 AM
2 years ago driving to buddys cabin, started will the chills and thought it would pass thinking its just the fresh air. I love hunting but worst week ever. Even the guys stopped mocking me about being sick and suggested staying in bed. Still glad i went but real challange to get motivated when feeling like a bag of ....

landphil
09-17-2016, 09:30 AM
Being sick on a hunting trip sucks - big time. Been there, done that, no fun. Pretty hard to be stealthy when you can't stop coughing.

Three days before opening day this year I had someone turn right in front of me on the highway, totalling my truck and leaving me with neck and back pain so I won't be shooting for a couple weeks at best. Casting my fly rod is also off the table for now. But in the big picture I'm alive and so is she - so, putting it all in perspective, I'm happy to be here complaining.