PDA

View Full Version : I had a awesome 5 days hunting

nature girl
09-16-2016, 06:41 PM
Last weekend left to go hunting. I had a great time. Went to one area one day and walked around saw some huge whitetail deer of course they were in a farmers field. Next morning got up a little frost overnight went for a good walk in that same field again 2 nice looking 4x4 mule deer. Dang that farmer is sure lucky to have animals like that in his field. Continued on for a walk thru the trees over and under deadfall dang that stuff can drive you a little crazy at times. Came down a old over grown road a whitetail buck he was gone like the wind.
Went to town picked up some more supplies and headed to a different area hunting. I like this area. Saw some guys and they were all moose hunting. We were just deer hunting so they did not have to worry about us getting in there way. Those different sets of hunters were real nice we would stop and talk to them for a few minutes at different times. They would know we would be in a area and they would turn around. They would say was that you in that dead end road last night we saw your truck and camper so we turned around. That is what is nice about having a high truck and camperette you camp where you want to hunt.
Went on some nice walks I tell you doing the elliptical really helped during the summer I wasn't as tired from walking.
Saw some old grizzly tracks.
Saw a few 3x3 deer.
It was hit during the day a little cool at night. I felt bad for the moose hunters as the weather was hot.
Then on day 4 we got up left in the morning to go deer hunting. You could tell it was going to be another hot day.
Just started walking up the road they sort of deactivated that just atv's could use. We were walking uphill.
I look up the road I say wolf. About 6 or 7 wolfs were coming down the road infront of us as we were walking up. We both stopped. I have always wanted a wolf.
The wolf at the very back started like bending down like a stalk came from the back of the pack to the very front of the pack walking very slow and like I quess stalking us the other wolfs stopped and the stalking wolf was now at the front of the pack and to the side. The other wolfs stopped and took off he kept stalking low to the ground it was like a cat does before it pounces on a mouse. The wolf stopped and turned its head the other wolfs were gone now and that is when I shot the wolf with my 300wsm browning gun. It dropped. I was not scared at all. I just wanted a wolf . It was a male wolf. No mange.
We took it to town and I am going to get a rug done and keep the skull.
The taxidermist said only like 10% of wolfs he gets in are shot. 90% are from trappers.
If someone could post up the pictures for me would be great. Just pm me.

nature girl
09-16-2016, 06:50 PM
I shot the wolf and he was about 20 yards away.
Then we went to the gas station and some women saw me in full camo and they said cool.
Back to the mountains we went for a afternoon hunt and went to a real nice area for deer hunting saw some deer tracks but no deer. It was still pretty hot.
Got up the next day looked out the camperette window and 3 does walked right past the truck. Did another morning hunt and then came back.
I had a great 5 days hunting met some cool guys. Saw some great areas for hunting. Saw some animals. And shot a wolf. Life cant get any better then that.
Now I cant wait to go hunting again. Oct cant come soon enough.

Whonnock Boy
09-16-2016, 06:52 PM
Sweet! Can't wait to see the pics.

albravo2
09-16-2016, 06:52 PM
Great story. Good for you! That skull will look pretty awesome. Very happy for you.

gcreek
09-16-2016, 06:58 PM
Thank you. If every hunter shot every wolf they had a chance to, we might have some game worth eating left. Beef too!

nolimits
09-16-2016, 07:03 PM
While I am patiently waiting for some pics, I will say for now: Nicely done girl!!! Congrats!!

09-16-2016, 07:22 PM
Great to hear your adventures were a good experience. Plus Auggy Doggie bitten it. Congrats.

M.Dean
09-16-2016, 07:38 PM
Great job on the wolf Nature Girl! And, as far as the farmers fields go, around here anyways the fields go for miles along the road ways, and Private signs and No Hunting signs are everywhere! But, in a lot of cases there's logging roads that will take you along the back side of the farmers fields, and you'll catch those dam Whities jumping the back fences to there nice and cozy little beds until a hour or two before dark when there back up for there night time snack. So in some of these fields full of deer, take a minute to see if there is a road. or even a over grown trail on crown land, who knows, you might just get lucky! Good Luck out there.

nature girl
09-16-2016, 07:45 PM
Great job on the wolf Nature Girl! And, as far as the farmers fields go, around here anyways the fields go for miles along the road ways, and Private signs and No Hunting signs are everywhere! But, in a lot of cases there's logging roads that will take you along the back side of the farmers fields, and you'll catch those dam Whities jumping the back fences to there nice and cozy little beds until a hour or two before dark when there back up for there night time snack. So in some of these fields full of deer, take a minute to see if there is a road. or even a over grown trail on crown land, who knows, you might just get lucky! Good Luck out there.
Yes we will be heading back to that area in Oct as there is a old overgrown road not to far from the field.

kennyj
09-16-2016, 08:25 PM
Sounds like a great trip.
kenny

.264winmag
09-16-2016, 08:36 PM
Nice work, congrats!

Fosey
09-17-2016, 05:08 AM
Great story. Good to see people enjoy themselves in the bush.

kevan
09-17-2016, 05:59 AM
Excellent story, very enjoyable and Thanks for sharing.
Where were you hunting, we don't need to know exact spots,roughly where or which zones but not your ' special spot ' would be nice.

Piperdown
09-17-2016, 06:51 AM
Sweet, good job on the wolf. Did the taxi say that the hide was worth doing as it is still early for the hide to have its winter coat. Need pictures.

604Stalker
09-17-2016, 07:20 AM
you probably just saved your deer for next year great job on getting a wolf.

nature girl
09-17-2016, 07:32 AM
Excellent story, very enjoyable and Thanks for sharing.
Where were you hunting, we don't need to know exact spots,roughly where or which zones but not your ' special spot ' would be nice.

we were in Region 5

nature girl
09-17-2016, 07:34 AM
Sweet, good job on the wolf. Did the taxi say that the hide was worth doing as it is still early for the hide to have its winter coat. Need pictures.

It had a good coat on it.
If we had more room in our house I would of done a life size.

kevan
09-17-2016, 08:50 AM
we were in Region 5

Thanks for that, Region 5 does have an endless diversity of opportunity doesn't it ?
Seriously, I didn't mean to come across as being nosy, just wondered because everybody are so secretive about where they are as if someone might ( Heaven Forbid ) find out where they are/ were.

swampthing
09-17-2016, 08:52 AM
Good shootin girl! A wolf is a great animal to take.

Downwind
09-17-2016, 09:42 AM
Congrats on a heck of a wolf. The moose and deer are thanking you I'm sure.

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp221/Zanelike/IMG_23262_zpsowhfuwyn.jpg (http://s414.photobucket.com/user/Zanelike/media/IMG_23262_zpsowhfuwyn.jpg.html)
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp221/Zanelike/IMG_23242_zps4b3oqgip.jpg (http://s414.photobucket.com/user/Zanelike/media/IMG_23242_zps4b3oqgip.jpg.html)

Seeadler
09-17-2016, 09:51 AM
Fantastic story.

Whonnock Boy
09-17-2016, 09:53 AM
That's a beauty.

albravo2
09-17-2016, 10:14 AM
That really is a great looking wolf. Very healthy.

I shot one in 5-2 last year and it wasn't worth the cost of a taxi.

kevan
09-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Beautiful animal, Thanks for sharing with us.
Years ago I got a beautiful broadside shot on a big black male who also appeared to have a great pelt.
I made the shot dropped the Wolf on the spot and was shocked to find the whole entire far side of the pelt was eaten up by mange so it was out with the shovel... oh well.

Bugle M In
09-17-2016, 12:45 PM
great looking wolf.....and it's on the ground!....great job!

nature girl
09-17-2016, 12:51 PM
It is definitely something I will never forget. I never thought of the danger at all.
What do you guys and gals think of the wolf coming from the rear of the pack to the front do you think the wolf thought I was a meal?

Knute
09-17-2016, 02:17 PM
Great looking wolf and now that you took it down it's a good wolf.

Congrats, Miley just dropped you from her contacts :tongue:

Piperdown
09-17-2016, 03:35 PM
Nice picture that thing is huge, good on you.

emerson
09-17-2016, 04:48 PM
It is definitely something I will never forget. I never thought of the danger at all.
What do you guys and gals think of the wolf coming from the rear of the pack to the front do you think the wolf thought I was a meal?
Curious maybe. My guess it was the alpha checking things out.

kevan
09-17-2016, 04:58 PM

I would certainly say so..

rocksteady
09-17-2016, 05:50 PM
Congrats... My dream is to kill a jet black one with the freaky Kawasaki green eyes...

Aint done it yet but it's on the bucket list.

buckshot
09-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Nice story and great trophy. Memories that will fuel hunting camp stories for a while! Congrats.

tigrr
09-18-2016, 08:04 PM
Nice adventure. You need a semi auto, so next time you shoot all 5 wolves K. No bag limit on wolves here.

Dash
09-18-2016, 08:38 PM
Wow! Congratulations!! He looks pretty big. His feet look huge!

HarryToolips
09-18-2016, 09:28 PM
Nice wolf congrats!