PDA

View Full Version : Which Compound Bow?

xtrail
09-16-2016, 08:55 AM
I would like to get a compound bow for deer hunting and eventually moose/elk hunting.
I've been doing some reading online and on previous threads on here.
I am leaning towards the PSE Brute Force RTS Package.
Any other recommendations or comments on the PSE?
Thanks

RugDoctor
09-16-2016, 09:16 AM
I have a couple. One single can and one double. Love them both. Just be sure to REALLY go over them when you buy....especially if you buy from a box store like Wholesale. Tighten and loctite where appropriate because they won't.

markt308
09-16-2016, 09:48 AM
If you're willing to spend the money you can't beat Mathews or Hoyt. They are top of the heap. If you still want a great bow, but don't want to break the bank I recommend looking at Bear, as in Fred Bear. PSE is in a similar price range

604redneck
09-16-2016, 10:26 AM
I've got a bear they are good for the dollar. I'm gonna be selling the 2 bows I have and going back to Hoyt

whitlers
09-16-2016, 02:49 PM
If you are interested in the Brute Force then check out the Drive S. It is a premium line bow for a similar price to the Brute which is classified as a mainline bow.

LupieHunter
09-16-2016, 02:58 PM
I've owned 2 Diamonds and haven't been disappointed. They are a sub department/brand of Bowtech. Priced well too.

RustyBrit
09-16-2016, 09:00 PM
My local outdoors store is a PSE and Hoyt dealer and so when I went to get my first bow I got one of the PSE ready to shoot setups. PSE Drive I think its called. It is great and the guy set it all up for me. Didn't want to splurge on the cost of a Hoyt for my first bow and for the amount I shoot I am glad I didn't. It was about $600-$700 out the door (had to get a release, and target, and arrows, etc too...) and am really glad I did it.
Lots of fun and a great bow to shoot. Although I have literally nothing to compare that too as it is the first and only bow I have every shot.

Treed
09-16-2016, 09:32 PM
As long as you get a half decent bow it doesn't matter too much. I have a an old browning rage. Accurate and forgiving and has taken deer as well as anything twice as expensive. Now I need to move onto a self made. Nothing beats a bow kill.

calvin L
09-17-2016, 07:26 AM
You can get some great deals on top of the line bow's a year or two old , set up already . Keep an eye open here and on F/B's archery buy and sell page , Don't rule out bow tec , prime , elite , all great bow's . In your travels try to shoot as many different bow's as you can . Some makes will just feel right .

the force
09-29-2016, 06:55 PM
I'm a bowtec guy and have zero complaints....though in general I think you get what you pay for, despite the brand.

Bowzone_Mikey
10-08-2016, 07:41 AM
a RTS package is designed to hook you ... like that cocaine dealer that gives you some "freebies"

you will want to upgrade assesories as soon as you shoot

do it once and do it right ... figure out what you want to spend... and double it