PDA

View Full Version : Marble Range 3/4 Curl Sheep Draw

JDawgBigHawg
09-13-2016, 06:26 PM
I won the draw for a 3/4 curl bighorn in the marble range near Clinton, went out to scout it this weekend and didn't see any sheep or any sign. My buddy and I hiked up onto the lime ridge and glassed for quite a few hours, saw a few hunters and a few hikers. We spent the night up there and woke up to a lot of wind and about 4 inches of snow. Wondering if there was any sheep up high if that snow would have pushed them down towards the Fraser canyon, or if there is any sheep up high at all. I'm heading back on September 21st, Any tips on how to find these sheep or good places to start looking would be awesome!

Stone Sheep Steve
09-13-2016, 07:04 PM
If they are not high, look low.

whitlers
09-13-2016, 08:02 PM
Was up there bow season opener. Spent the night and Glassed for a day didn't see any sheep. Beautiful country though. All we saw where a few does before the fog set in and forced us to leave early.

tangozulu
09-13-2016, 09:45 PM
I almost killed a full curl ram on a 1 day hunt there, first time out. I was closing the deal when a troop of boy scouts came sing up the trail. It was gos back then.
The guy who owned a gas station in town was a succsesful marble range hunter.

mnholt
09-13-2016, 10:16 PM
Not sure what access point you're using however I've seen them on bluffs below the plateau.. close to draws with water..on the West side. I wish I had that draw! Good Luck!

huntcoop
09-13-2016, 10:19 PM
If they are not high, look low.

Im also sensing that if they are not west look east.

tangozulu
09-13-2016, 11:13 PM
I came in from jesmond.