PDA

View Full Version : region 4 elk map

hoochie
09-12-2016, 09:51 PM
help me understand this map.
page 52, map D6.
hunting of spike bull elk can only be done below 1100m elevation and within the grey area in the synopsis, or within the pink area on the gov. site correct?
Im reading it and re- reading it.. then confusing myself.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/limited-entry-hunting/zone-maps/region-4/elk_4-03_x.pdf

I dont want to be on the wrong side of the line!
Thanks for clarification.

Ddog
09-12-2016, 10:08 PM
im not sure what your not understanding,, the map is showing the contour of the 1100m elevation. take an accurate GPS with you that shows the elevation in the intended area to hunt, or...yes it is within the grey area of the synopsis.

hoochie
09-12-2016, 10:09 PM
perfect.
thanks

The confusion is that I think shaded areas tend to be " no go" areas

tenrag
09-12-2016, 10:19 PM
I find it interesting that the map in the regs includes area north or canal flats but the detailed map does not. Granted there is not much land under 1100m between Canal Flats and Invermere that is not reserve lands or private.

The grey area on the map is a rough outline of the 1100m mark and the pink line on the map show a more detailed look at the elevation. If you hunt within the pink line you will be fine. The area around Cranbrook and Kimberley is a gong show of people so be careful.