PDA

View Full Version : Klappan Road Blockade

teenawright
09-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Yet again the Klappan Road is blockaded......suggest to make alternate plans as no one is getting through to the Rail Grade this year.

srupp
09-13-2016, 12:56 AM
Hmmm blocaded as in certain groups of people?
Or blocaded with blow downs, slump age and mud ?
Steven

markathome
09-13-2016, 06:28 AM
Teena - do you have a link or any more information on the blockade - or someone we can call. We're planning Oct 1- 15th and have LEH for the park. We're not flying in and hoping to camp on the grade and hike into the park. Any info would be helpful. Or any HBC members out there have any info to share? Thanks in advance. Mark

Moosetang
09-13-2016, 06:46 AM
Who is blocking the rail grade...

Xenomorph
09-13-2016, 07:20 AM
Who is blocking the rail grade...

Tahltan Nation I presume.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-13-2016, 07:28 AM
Earlier in the year there was talk about blockading hwy 37 at both ends....so I guess it could be worse. Roll eyes.

SaintSix
09-13-2016, 07:40 AM
I'm heading up that way Thursday and if I have time/reception ill check it out and report back.

digger dogger
09-13-2016, 07:50 AM
Hmmm blocaded as in certain groups of people?
Or blocaded with blow downs, slump age and mud ?
Steven

Lets not play games rupp, wadda u think???

Thanx for the heads up Teena.

markathome
09-13-2016, 08:22 AM
I'm heading up that way Thursday and if I have time/reception ill check it out and report back.

SaintSix - a group of respectful hunters would appreciate any info you can share! All my research lead me to believe the blockade issues were on pause due to a injunction preventing the mining operations from further action. But I might be mistaken - that part of the world might as well be Borneo for all the different rumours and stories that filter down stream...

adriaticum
09-13-2016, 08:30 AM
Who has been blocking this road for the past 10 years?

outdoorsman
09-13-2016, 09:32 AM
From what I've been told it's the klabona keepers ( taltan group) that blockading to road. I suggest phoning your regional BC wildlife president and complain and Dease Lake rcmp. Just to get ball rolling!! Enough already. Every year is same bs with this group.

Xenomorph
09-13-2016, 10:17 AM
From what I've been told it's the klabona keepers ( taltan group) that blockading to road. I suggest phoning your regional BC wildlife president and complain and Dease Lake rcmp. Just to get ball rolling!! Enough already. Every year is same bs with this group.

I'm not trying to stir anything, for pure information purposes... what happens if your truck is big enough to "walk over"

outdoorsman
09-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Haha, I've been thinking about that since yesterday :roll:

srupp
09-13-2016, 11:26 AM
Lets not play games rupp, wadda u think???

Thanx for the heads up Teena.
The wording was pretty clear...I expected it was spoiled #÷×@% €¥¥₩...yet again. Hoping it was just debris from rain..lol
Steven

Caribou_lou
09-13-2016, 12:20 PM
Yet again residents blocked out but the guide outfitter goes untouched and is able to carry out his trophy hunts. I don't put it past the outfitter to encourage this blockade...

wideopenthrottle
09-13-2016, 12:42 PM
Yet again residents blocked out but the guide outfitter goes untouched and is able to carry out his trophy hunts. I don't put it past the outfitter to encourage this blockade...
could a freedom of information request find out if the GO has "donated" any money to the "blockade's cause"

adriaticum
09-13-2016, 12:44 PM
could a freedom of information request find out if the GO has "donated" any money to the "blockade's cause"

You would have to send that request to the Tahltan Nation's Central Government.
You could get a finger, or two.

Xenomorph
09-13-2016, 02:07 PM
You would have to send that request to the Tahltan Nation's Central Government.
You could get a finger, or two.

Yes, but if that would hold and ounce of true ...and if our BC Residents would come together in a class action ...and if ...and if ...yes, IF I can still be dreaming.

markathome
09-17-2016, 09:08 AM
Bumping this one to the front page. Just spoke with Teena (Thanks Teena! And big shout out to http://www.tatogga.ca/). Sounds like an injunction is a possibility and the mechanisms to get one in place could be underway... Really just what is being heard through the grapevine - nothing concrete.

Anyone else shed any light? I've been reaching out everywhere I can think of (Park Supervior, outfitters, BCWF, here).

We haven't scuttled our plans yet (six guys (Dad's and kids) Oct 1 to 15... LEH for the Park. I'd hate to back out on so much planning and dreaming of this hunt!

BromBones
09-17-2016, 09:31 AM
All my research lead me to believe the blockade issues were on pause due to a injunction preventing the mining operations from further action

Not so.

The Blockades on the Red Chris mine road were dealt with in short order (funny how that works when big $$ is involved), but that was a different road and a different purpose.

The blockades that go up every fall on the Ealue Lake (or Klappan) road are strictly to keep hunters out. Nothing has been done about these blockades, even though there has been compromise on the resident hunter side (shortened season for us to 30 days, compulsory inspection, etc). The blockades still popped up year after year.

The natives are still killing cows & calves all winter/spring on the Klappan.

40incher
09-17-2016, 10:17 AM
Gotta agree with that ... but the main problem is the Wildlife Branch bureaucracy that caves in at every chance.

Last year we saw the bullshit Jade/Boulder antler restrictions even though the bull:cow ratios were 85:100!

I talked with Dease Lake RCMP and laid a complaint. They have heard many in the last few days. Nothing will happen without an injunction. The officer said the keepers are blaming resident "trophy" hunting and waste of meat as their battlecry ... what utter crap! If they want to affect trophy hunting then go after the outfitters who leave the meat to rot on their docks and poles.

At the end of the day their is an unholy alliance between said guides and the keepers ... what better way to keep residents from accessing the Eaglenest ram ranges.

BromBones
09-17-2016, 04:36 PM
Last year we saw the bullshit Jade/Boulder antler restrictions even though the bull:cow ratios were 85:100!

Was similar on the Klappan 4-5 years ago. 80:100 and they still shortened the season.

Couple years ago they 'claimed' a cow moose was shot and left by resident hunters... no photos, no carcass, no proof. Blockades went up shortly after.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-17-2016, 05:07 PM
Gotta agree with that ... but the main problem is the Wildlife Branch bureaucracy that caves in at every chance.

I talked with Dease Lake RCMP and laid a complaint. They have heard many in the last few days. Nothing will happen without an injunction. The officer said the keepers are blaming resident "trophy" hunting and waste of meat as their battlecry ... what utter crap! If they want to affect trophy hunting then go after the outfitters who leave the meat to rot on their docks and poles.

At the end of the day their is an unholy alliance between said guides and the keepers ... what better way to keep residents from accessing the Eaglenest ram ranges.

85:100??!!!!! Effin crickeys!!!

Jeffg
09-19-2016, 06:46 AM
rumor is stikine launches will be as well

Dirty
09-19-2016, 07:53 AM
I talked a ministry staff member about the complaints along the Klappan about low moose abundances. They were involved with aerial surveys and suggested that numbers (bull/cow/calf ratios) were at normal to high abundance levels throughout the area. The only exception was the Klappan rail grade. That was where the ratios were completely out of whack. His suggestion was because of the out of season harvest of cows and calves wintering along the road. Pretty tough to count calves and cows when they are dead.

markathome
09-19-2016, 08:00 AM
I got some good advice from Mike O'Neill (Region 6 BCWF Director) - so today I'm calling my MLA and the MLA up there. Also calling the RCMP office for the region and the CO complaint line.

Good luck to the BCWF and their upcoming legal action.

1savager
09-23-2016, 01:03 AM
I've heard in the past the blockade was ran by the Wildlife Defense League if this is the case i suggest boycotting there sponsors "Lush" "Patagonia" "Tindakan" "West Trek Tours". It disgusts me that they are allowed to prevent law abiding citizens access to our own resources. After all B.C. Resident and non-resident hunting combined generates about $350 million in economic activity a year in B.C., according to the provincial government. a good portion of this money is used for conservation projects.

Xenomorph
09-23-2016, 08:29 AM
I've heard in the past the blockade was ran by the Wildlife Defense League if this is the case i suggest boycotting there sponsors "Lush" "Patagonia" "Tindakan" "West Trek Tours". It disgusts me that they are allowed to prevent law abiding citizens access to our own resources. After all B.C. Resident and non-resident hunting combined generates about $350 million in economic activity a year in B.C., according to the provincial government. a good portion of this money is used for conservation projects.

If someone can prove a cash trail from the aforementioned to the band, we have ourselves a nice lawsuit base there against all parties involved.

capt hook
09-28-2016, 02:12 PM
Blockades can work in BOTH directions...
Dont let them onto our lands and roads to use our infrastructor...

russm
09-28-2016, 03:10 PM
Blockades can work in BOTH directions...
Dont let them onto our lands and roads to use our infrastructor...

But then that would be racist, someone should've done that when they were charging people to get home at cultus lake during thag bug wind storm we had last fall.

RobTurbo
09-28-2016, 05:09 PM
I got some good advice from Mike O'Neill (Region 6 BCWF Director) - so today I'm calling my MLA and the MLA up there. Also calling the RCMP office for the region and the CO complaint line.

Good luck to the BCWF and their upcoming legal action.

This is the most intelligent post in the thread. We can complain here all we want but if everyone followed this plan something would likely change....could be my naive belief in the system tho lol

Kalum
09-28-2016, 07:36 PM
Just watched a video of some guy chainsawing his way through the blokade. That should heat things up...

markathome
09-28-2016, 07:43 PM
Just watched a video of some guy chainsawing his way through the blokade. That should heat things up...
/
Want to share a link? Or was this a joke?

REMINGTON JIM
09-28-2016, 07:45 PM

I would REALLY like to see that ! Please post it up ! Thks RJ

BigfishCanada
09-28-2016, 07:49 PM
Proof they are illegally blocking

https://www.facebook.com/klabonakeepers/

Kalum
09-28-2016, 07:50 PM
No joke, video is on klabona keepers face book. Not sure how to show link

Kalum
09-28-2016, 07:52 PM
https://www.facebook.com/klabonakeepers/videos/1301072163244836/

eric
09-28-2016, 07:58 PM
Good on that guy..more people need to do this.

Ohwildwon
09-28-2016, 08:14 PM
Reading the comments on that fb page,

no wonder know one wants to touch this with a 10' pole...

REMINGTON JIM
09-28-2016, 08:49 PM
https://www.facebook.com/klabonakeepers/videos/1301072163244836/

Thks for the LINK ! It was GREAT ! that fellow has Balls and i Wish more did too ! Good on HIM ! :smile: as for that Dumb F*#$ native :-( trying to get run over because hes too Stupid to move out the way of the Truck and trying to stop the Guy - Well you guessed what i think about him ! :-( jmo RJ

russm
09-28-2016, 08:58 PM
It would be shitty for the guy if they decided to dig a trench through the road further down so he has to walk back out, nice to see someone standing up for themselves though.

SaintSix
09-28-2016, 09:46 PM
Didn't get up to the klappan, but I did talk with the guys from tatogga and they said the blockade was up. sorry I know its not new news

Caribou_lou
09-28-2016, 11:29 PM
Id like to buy that guy a beer! He probably had great hunting back there too!

Xenomorph
09-29-2016, 10:09 AM

My thoughts exactly, was holding back from getting into the FB debate, way too many issues with the people there.

MattW
09-29-2016, 10:25 AM
He may have, but unfortunately I bet he'd spend a lot of time looking over his shoulder and worrying about his camp when he's out hunting. I think an encounter like that would take a lot of the relaxation out of a hunt.

REMINGTON JIM
09-29-2016, 10:58 AM
He may have, but unfortunately I bet he'd spend a lot of time looking over his shoulder and worrying about his camp when he's out hunting. I think an encounter like that would take a lot of the relaxation out of a hunt.

You Prob are Quite Right - always wondering whats going to Maybe Happen ? :frown: RJ

Singleshotneeded
09-29-2016, 11:42 AM
All I can say is way to go buddy! They have a lot of nerve taking our tax dollars and then blockading our access roads...if I had my way any of these miscreants involved in activities like this would be cut off from any handouts until they've desisted from illegal activities for 90 days.

StuBrown
09-29-2016, 04:03 PM
As far as I know this is him. https://www.facebook.com/mick.mckee.5?fref=ufi&rc=p He is talking back and replying to them on Facebook on the Klabona Keepers page. The comments are crazy and some are just wow...

09-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Here is the post from FB:

On behalf of the wildlife checkpoint on the klappan access road. We would like to clear up any misinformation that is being said on social media. The wildlife checkpoint has been set up because of the mismanagement of the ministry of environment (MOE). Since the time the MOE has taken over our responsibilities of wildlife management our people have noticed a rapid decline of our most precious resource. We wish to share our food with local residents but MOE will not agree with our wish, just to perpetuate division with local non tahltans.This management gate is not about race, we all have many non tahltan friends and supporters.
For years we tried working with the MOE to limit the amount of hunts allowed but instead the MOE has done very little to fulfill our wish. Instead they side with the BC Wildlife Federation (BCWF), the organization that falsely promotes conservation. The same organization that says wolves and grizzly bears are the biggest cause of moose and caribou declines. These animals are all apart of a healthy ecosystem. But are killed to make room for hunters.

We understand resident hunters have privileges given to them by our oppressors but we have responsibilities given to us by our ancestors that we cannot deny. At this very moment, the rest of our Tahltan country is over run with resident hunters and nothing is being done. Tahltan country is one of the only places in so called BC to have +50 day open hunting season.

In an effort to preserve a balanced predator prey ecosystem and food supplies for future generations we are committed to ensuring limited access to our diminishing wildlife population.

Pretty clear to see what the goal is with the blockade.

Vanislehiker
09-29-2016, 04:35 PM
I don't even hunt in the area yet I find myself angered by the attitudes of the Facebook defenders of the blockades. Almost flaunting that they are blocking anyone from entering

Whonnock Boy
09-29-2016, 07:05 PM
Kind of makes one think that they have caught word of the impending injunction with their attack towards the BCWF.

Here is the post from FB:

Pretty clear to see what the goal is with the blockade.

kebes
09-29-2016, 07:12 PM
Sounds similar to The Goabc, "We're all for resident hunters as long as they're heavily restricted whether conservation needs demand it or not.'

Buck
09-29-2016, 07:51 PM
I admire that guy takes guts .We need more of this.

Whonnock Boy
09-29-2016, 08:27 PM
Jeezus..... I couldn't even read all of the comments. So much dysfunction.

chris
09-29-2016, 08:36 PM
I will go ahead and file that one under feel good movies of the year.

skibum
09-29-2016, 10:02 PM
The dudes up north have a different relationship with the Indians than the population down south. They don't take shit that is put up with in more populated areas of the province.

In had an uncle drive straight through a fn logging blockade, not around, at what may call a higher rate of speed. It was not pretty. I was like why isn't this on the news? But because it happed up north you don't hear about it.

Singleshotneeded
09-29-2016, 11:50 PM
"I have a dream...I have a dream that one day the laws of Canada will be enforced equally and not based on the colour of one's skin or whether he has a status card...I have a dream that one day punishment will be meted out not based on the colour of one's skin but on the poor content of one's character..." :-) SSN channelling MLK Jr...

REMINGTON JIM
09-30-2016, 09:02 AM
"I have a dream...I have a dream that one day the laws of Canada will be enforced equally and not based on the colour of one's skin or whether he has a status card...I have a dream that one day punishment will be meted out not based on the colour of one's skin but on the poor content of one's character..." :-) SSN channelling MLK Jr...

Yea Good LUCK with that Dream - its only gonna get WORST ! :mad: jmo RJ

Singleshotneeded
09-30-2016, 11:00 AM
Yea Good LUCK with that Dream - its only gonna get WORST ! :mad: jmo RJ

LOL Jim, it's what we'd all like to see but I quit believing in the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Santa Claus quite a few years ago...

bandit
10-05-2016, 06:34 PM

looks like complaining has paid off. RCMP just served an injunction on them today. I'm just getting the popcorn ready for when their facebook page really starts to light up!

Slinky Pickle
10-05-2016, 07:06 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?131374-Blockade-Injuction-Filed

tylersorensen
10-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Buddy of mine just got back from Stikine and said he heard of someone at the Ealue blockade saying "there's going to be gunfight here one day". Anyone know who this legend is so I can congratulate him.

Shooter
10-10-2016, 07:24 PM
Any update on the illegal blockade? Has there been any action to enforce the law yet?

hogzotic
02-22-2017, 12:13 AM
My name is Mick McKee and I am the guy that went thru the blockade

hogzotic
02-22-2017, 12:15 AM
I went thru that blockade after tearing down the wood and saw horses and then bucking up the logs. More people just need to plow on thru and then maybe the police will do their job and keep the road open.

hogzotic
02-22-2017, 12:25 AM
I have laid a complaint against the dease lake RCMP for failing to do their job. I did not take that decision lightly as I am a retired Policeman but it was necessary. The police have charged me with assault with a weapon (my truck) and utter threats to burn. I had my first appearance by phone to dease lake courthouse today and it is set over to fix a date for trial on march 7th. It is going to cost me a significant amount of money to defend myself but I think section 27 of the criminal code will carry the day. They (natives) are committing criminal acts of mischief and intimidation (section 423 & 430 CC) and I believe I used justifiable force in proceeding thru. Friends of mine are going to be having a fund raiser for my defense as I think this case could have far reaching effects on many hunters. It is absolute crap that the natives committing the illegal acts are not charged , only the hunter who didn't allow himself to be dominated gets charged. I feel the police are playing up the politics with the native bands so they look good to them. I am not a racist but it is bullshit that the klabona keepers can block the road with no consequences to themselves.

hogzotic
02-22-2017, 12:29 AM
ill take a guiness next time you are in terrace.

hogzotic
02-22-2017, 12:31 AM
it really did. I had to hide my camp and my truck. no fires etc.

hogzotic
02-22-2017, 12:33 AM
lol I did have fun with that! I liked the John Wayne quote " Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid"

Mick McKee

hogzotic
02-22-2017, 12:35 AM
notice I didn't pinch my saw!! lol mick mckee

Ohwildwon
02-22-2017, 01:19 AM
Way to go Mick!

You are a hero to many I'm sure!

Perhaps set up a "go fund me" page and post it on here, sure you will have many donations...

Cheers...:-)

hogzotic
02-22-2017, 01:29 AM
I thought about a "go fund me" page but apparently they take 20 % of monies raised. I will have to research this a bit more. I meet with a lawyer on Wednesday, March 1st to discuss the case. I think it is a very overzealous prosecution by the police and it stinks of politics. I am very disappointed in my old employer, the RCMP, for failing to do their job and keep the road open. They do not have to wait for an injunction, they have full authority and the responsibility to keep public roads open!!!

Bonz
02-22-2017, 06:01 AM
lol, i thought bcwf claims they put a stop to this illegal road block stuff...lol
guess their letter didnt scare them enough?

if and when you get this donating thing set up to help with legal fee`s let us know. ill share it to my other hunt groups to.
dont know what you have going now but usualy a bank alone can do this for an acct just for this idea. see it alot with other help for people and donating. 20% is rediculous to take for a charity place

Ride Red
02-22-2017, 06:03 AM
Mick,

What a story!!! I'm proud of you as a fellow hunter. What about setting up an account at a bank? I for one will donate to the cause. Please keep us posted.

BgBlkDg
02-22-2017, 06:25 AM
This all comes back to corrupt, media-shy governments in Ottawa and Victoria, plus a Supreme Court, that is rotten to the core and often staffed by foreigners.

They continuously lessen the birth rights/freedoms of we average Canucks, while allowing these characters to use lights to hunt at night, devastate game populations by limitless slaughter and block our access on roads WE pay for.

I favour total, systematic disarming of all aboriginals and also the use of the Canadian Special Ops. Regiment with JTF2 to break any blockades and protect BC hunters.......with any force necessary!

Bonz
02-22-2017, 06:53 AM
hope this gets sent to some media outlets to be exposed to. i dont expect main stream media to jump on it. but maybe others will

adriaticum
02-22-2017, 06:57 AM
Screw go fund me, just post your email address and make sure people can do email money transfer

pnbrock
02-22-2017, 07:48 AM
klabbana keepers Facebook has whole video posted .best damn video i seen in a long time way to go Mick!!!

2chodi
02-22-2017, 07:51 AM
lol, i thought bcwf claims they put a stop to this illegal road block stuff...lol
guess their letter didnt scare them enough?

Mick went through the blockade before the injunction removed it.

Bonz
02-22-2017, 08:07 AM
well it was still there after from what i saw. nothing changed realy

2chodi
02-22-2017, 08:33 AM
well it was still there after from what i saw. nothing changed realy

I believe the Klabona Keepers were still there in an "informational" capacity after the injunction was served, but they did not block the road or prevent hunters from entering. Are you saying that you were turned back at a blockade after the injunction was enforced?

Bonz
02-22-2017, 08:36 AM
i read their facerbook page saying they were still stopping people and asking questions, but not physicly blocking as they were prior to the injunction. were still harrasing them though from the comments i read by them, and still making threats to people in public on their page

BgBlkDg
02-22-2017, 08:38 AM
I just read some of the comments on the KK's FB page-------demands to "kill the pigs", namely we BC citizen hunters.

Well, if this starts to happen, I recall Sir John A's comment about the murdering metis psychopath Riel, "wants war and by God, we will give it to him".......

We NEED a REAL PM like Sir John now!!!!!

butcher
02-22-2017, 08:46 AM
Riiiight. Go on up and give it a try.

Bonz
02-22-2017, 08:50 AM
i hope their taking screen shots of their page to back the case against them. making threats like that publicly is illegal i believe

BgBlkDg
02-22-2017, 08:54 AM
Thinking about driving up this summer to visit my old haunts from working alone in the bush for the BCFS in the early '70s. I also want to go to Telegraph Creek, where I have never been and am ready, willing and quite capable in self defence.

So, who knows, Mr. McPhee, has shown the way and I suspect that this will increase as decent people have had enough of this bullsh*t and the parasites involved.

So, go pound your drum, eh! :)

bigredchev
02-22-2017, 09:02 AM
Link? Please

Bonz
02-22-2017, 09:13 AM
https://www.facebook.com/klabonakeepers/

Sharpish
02-22-2017, 10:30 AM
LMAO! That was awesome. You can tell they were a little startled when Mick called their bluff .... Natives can be dangerous but so can old angry white guys! Nice work Mick.

338win mag
02-22-2017, 10:41 AM
Thinking about driving up this summer to visit my old haunts from working alone in the bush for the BCFS in the early '70s. I also want to go to Telegraph Creek, where I have never been and am ready, willing and quite capable in self defence.

So, who knows, Mr. McPhee, has shown the way and I suspect that this will increase as decent people have had enough of this bullsh*t and the parasites involved.

So, go pound your drum, eh! :)

Stop in Kamloops on your way through and I'll donate 50 bucks to you to help you with fuel and supplies, probably some others here would help you out!

tipper
02-22-2017, 11:54 AM
You deserve a medal Mick! I think all of us on this site should donate some amount whatever we can afford to help fight this bullsh*t for you.

tipper
02-22-2017, 11:55 AM
And as usual the post on bchunting and fishing facebook was removed??

hogzotic
02-22-2017, 04:14 PM
Ill go talk to my bank and see if an account can be set up as I want to make sure that everything is "above board". I think this case will have far reaching effects on hunters and also on native blockades. The BCWF were very good to me (I provided them a statement after the klappan blockade incident, to assist in their application for an injunction), they put a proposal thru to their president to see if the BCWF would fund my defense but they are not able to help people charged with criminal matters. Their good work actually got the police off their asses with a judge directing the police to dismantle the blockade.

hogzotic
02-22-2017, 04:17 PM
They were threatening to kill me, to slash my tires and make me walk out, to insure I had an accident and went missing, etc.etc.etc. All these threats on their facebook page and not a single policemen investigating any of them!!! I'm a retired cop and that pisses me off!!

hogzotic
02-22-2017, 04:18 PM
I did take some screen shots for court

Ride Red
02-22-2017, 04:19 PM
They were threatening to kill me, to slash my tires and make me walk out, to insure I had an accident and went missing, etc.etc.etc. All these threats on their facebook page and not a single policemen investigating any of them!!! I'm a retired cop and that pisses me off!!

I'd contact Global News to bring this to light.

hogzotic
02-22-2017, 04:35 PM
Thank you Sharpish, I just got sorta pissed off after working so hard, and then planning a nice week of hunting, getting all prepped like we all do and then driving up to the bush to spend a great week , doing what I love to do....Hunt...and then find a group of people telling me THEY decided I cant hunt. They are openly committing mishief-sec 430CC, intimidation-sec 423CC, assault (by applying force to stop me-standing in front of my truck and banging on the hood)-sec 264CC and I think even sec 80-wildlife act-interfering with a lawful hunt!!!
The Police have already been there, (On my court documents they state they were made aware of the blockade on Sept 13, 2016) and refused to do anything. So there I am,...there is no cell service and even if I could call, the police have decided they are not going to assist. So I'm basically on my own.
I was a federal Fishery officer for 14.3 years and an RCMP member for 20 years. I led the armada of 11 Federal Fisheries patrol boats down the fraser river in 1985 to engage the Cheam Indian band in their protest fishery on early stuart sockeye. We ripped every damn net out of the river and I made sure everyone identified got convicted. We made national news that night. I am not a racist but I have fought a lot of indian wars.
So I had to make a decision, do I let this special interest group dominate me and dictate what I can and cannot do.....Well...you saw my answer to that. I am glad things didnt get right out of hand but it would not have been the first time in my life that I would have been down in the dirt fighting for my life. I put my ass on the line many times in 34.3 years of Federal service and i will not have some son of a bitch stop me from my lawful pursuits.!!!

Spy
02-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Thank you Sharpish, I just got sorta pissed off after working so hard, and then planning a nice week of hunting, getting all prepped like we all do and then driving up to the bush to spend a great week , doing what I love to do....Hunt...and then find a group of people telling me THEY decided I cant hunt. They are openly committing mishief-sec 430CC, intimidation-sec 423CC, assault (by applying force to stop me-standing in front of my truck and banging on the hood)-sec 264CC and I think even sec 80-wildlife act-interfering with a lawful hunt!!!
The Police have already been there, (On my court documents they state they were made aware of the blockade on Sept 13, 2016) and refused to do anything. So there I am,...there is no cell service and even if I could call, the police have decided they are not going to assist. So I'm basically on my own.
I was a federal Fishery officer for 14.3 years and an RCMP member for 20 years. I led the armada of 11 Federal Fisheries patrol boats down the fraser river in 1985 to engage the Cheam Indian band in their protest fishery on early stuart sockeye. We ripped every damn net out of the river and I made sure everyone identified got convicted. We made national news that night. I am not a racist but I have fought a lot of indian wars.
So I had to make a decision, do I let this special interest group dominate me and dictate what I can and cannot do.....Well...you saw my answer to that. I am glad things didnt get right out of hand but it would not have been the first time in my life that I would have been down in the dirt fighting for my life. I put my ass on the line many times in 34.3 years of Federal service and i will not have some son of a bitch stop me from my lawful pursuits.!!!
Thats awesome congrats on having the balls to stand up to these thugs. Set yourself up for EMTs and Im sure you will be surprised by the support you will get. Contact rebel Media they will run your story. Im right behind you and will support you anyway I can. Thanks for taking up the fight for all hunters.

MB_Boy
02-22-2017, 05:05 PM
First off....well done Mick!

I'd contact Global News to bring this to light.

Amongst the 3 majors....this may be the worst one to contact.

CTV on Vancouver Island may not be a bad one to start with or in Kelowna? Global is the same network that gave a hunting show the boot in BC...likely not the first choice but I do agree that MORE PEOPLE need to know about this.

Ride Red
02-22-2017, 05:15 PM
First off....well done Mick!

Amongst the 3 majors....this may be the worst one to contact.

CTV on Vancouver Island may not be a bad one to start with or in Kelowna? Global is the same network that gave a hunting show the boot in BC...likely not the first choice but I do agree that MORE PEOPLE need to know about this.

I'd contact all media outlets and make light of the ones not interested in airing the wrong in this story. This would be a precedent setting case to be brought to the publics attention. Christy Clarke should be on the receiving end of this story also as all who are affected are voters too. About time things get back to reality and not catering to special interest groups.

.300Tikka
02-22-2017, 05:17 PM
Awesome finally someone with some BALLS , get ur bank acc set up or emt

RE1960
02-22-2017, 07:44 PM
I'm glad someone finally stood up and did something, good on you I will be glad to help with your fight for all of us .

MB_Boy
02-22-2017, 07:57 PM
I'd contact all media outlets and make light of the ones not interested in airing the wrong in this story. This would be a precedent setting case to be brought to the publics attention. Christy Clarke should be on the receiving end of this story also as all who are affected are voters too. About time things get back to reality and not catering to special interest groups.

Fair enough and do agree. :cool:

Xenomorph
02-22-2017, 07:57 PM
Ill go talk to my bank and see if an account can be set up as I want to make sure that everything is "above board". I think this case will have far reaching effects on hunters and also on native blockades. The BCWF were very good to me (I provided them a statement after the klappan blockade incident, to assist in their application for an injunction), they put a proposal thru to their president to see if the BCWF would fund my defense but they are not able to help people charged with criminal matters. Their good work actually got the police off their asses with a judge directing the police to dismantle the blockade.

No need for a new bank account Mick, just do a GoFundMe and post the link here. I think that'd be easier and faster to amass some funding for the next step: another hunt, court efforts, media awareness ...it's Marius, we just spoke on FB. Take care and keep in touch man, well done.

jlirot
02-22-2017, 11:05 PM

No surprises. Talk to your accountant - I would worry about donations being 'income'. set up a page - I'll send a few bucks. Good job.

REMINGTON JIM
02-22-2017, 11:41 PM
hogzotic is a REAL hero :biggrin: - I will help out with a donation too ! ;) Phucking Natives are out of hand with there bullshit ! :mad: jmo RJ

elch jager
02-22-2017, 11:55 PM
Good job Mick... Nicely done. Fortunately those at the blockade were relatively peaceful in their protest. There are a lot more violent and militant individuals out there that would not have hesitated to dig you your own personal 6ft deep hole.
Their video is a bit concerning... using a vehicle to move someone out of your way will be a challenge to defend. Unless they lie down under your tires and close their eyes... you know they will keep moving. Hope it goes well for you.

hogzotic
02-23-2017, 12:53 PM
Thanks elch jagger sec 27 CC allows you to use reasonable force to stop someone from committing offenses against you. Blocking the road is mischief and intimidation. Both criminal code offenses. Moving infront of my truck and banging on the hood is applying force to me indirectly to stop my progress. That is a definition of assault. My defense will be that the force I used was reasonable considering all the circumstances, to stop offences being committed against me.

Caribou_lou
02-23-2017, 01:09 PM
What is the result of last year? They were served with an injunction notice then chose to become a wildlife checking station? Is there any delay next year if they blockade again or can it be served immediately? I also heard last year that a gate was installed on the willow creek road. Not sure if there is any truth to that. Haven't seen it myself.

ditch donkey
02-23-2017, 01:47 PM
people need to support this, let us know how to donate to the cause.

338win mag
02-23-2017, 07:13 PM
Instead of one guy going up to and through a blockade, there should be a group of guys, about 100 should about do it.

Vanislehiker
02-23-2017, 07:21 PM
Agree fully ^^

Bear Brawler
02-23-2017, 08:59 PM
If you can post the link it would be awesome, I can't find it.

The Hermit
02-23-2017, 09:38 PM
Mick - Well done sir. Have you got a fund set up anywhere yet? I don't live close enough to travel that far to participate but if I did joining a group of 100 - 250 pissed off but respectful and determined hunters to clear any illegal blockade and to escort other through would be an easy decision!

HarryToolips
02-23-2017, 09:47 PM
hogzotic is a REAL hero :biggrin: - I will help out with a donation too ! ;) Phucking Natives are out of hand with there bullshit ! :mad: jmo RJ
I agree, good job you guys on fighting for our rights...

Xenomorph
02-23-2017, 09:59 PM
Instead of one guy going up to and through a blockade, there should be a group of guys, about 100 should about do it.

I'm up for it, who else wants to do this?!?

f350ps
02-24-2017, 02:35 PM
Thanks Mick, done and good luck! K

DarekG
02-24-2017, 03:00 PM
Good job Mick, #$%@ those racists.

I've never donated to GoFundMe, but I'll chip in for you! It won't be a lot of hopefully it will add up.

wideopenthrottle
02-24-2017, 03:07 PM
donated a 20 spot...wish I could afford more right now

DarekG
02-24-2017, 03:33 PM
Whoa... Was going to donate and now the GoFundMe page goes right to their homepage?! Can anyone else still see the page?

Ride Red
02-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Went to donate, but the link doesn't work nor did the site search.

hogzotic
02-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Go Fund me has shut me down as they do not allow people to raise money for situations involving a criminal offense . I will look at setting up an account with my bank .
Mick

hogzotic
02-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Well. As I said, "go fund me" shut me down as they can't raise money dealing with situations involving a criminal offence. I will be able to access the funds for those that deposited before it shut down. Please use e-transfers to the following email address if you wish to contribute:
hd09hogrider@gmail.com

Thanks to all please share this to your friends and on your Facebook page.

Mick McKee

Xenomorph
02-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Are you serious?
Open it again without all the description. You haven't committed an offence. You were exercising your right.

f350ps
02-24-2017, 04:24 PM
You can also use Generosity.com, the KK are using it to raise money, although they aren't being to successful! K

hogzotic
02-24-2017, 04:58 PM
Go fund me shut me down because they cannot assist in raising money for those involved in criminal offenses. For those that donated before the page was shut down, I will be able to access those funds. thank you so much....it just got started then was shut down. If you wish to donate please send an e-transfer to: hd09hogrider@gmail.com

thanks,
Mick McKee

hogzotic
02-24-2017, 05:00 PM
I dont think I committed an offense either, but I'm charged and it is going to be a costly venture to put forward a defense.!!!

hogzotic
02-24-2017, 09:29 PM
Go Fund Me just advised me that those that contributed to me before my site was shut down will get 100% of their money back in 2-5 business days.
thanks to all, Mick

f350ps
02-25-2017, 12:50 AM
Thanks Mick, as soon as they do I'll send it your way! I really think you should check out Generosity.com, I think you'll get a better response than e-transfers. K

hogzotic
02-25-2017, 05:42 AM
Thanks f350 ps

Ride Red
02-25-2017, 08:09 AM
Thanks Mick, as soon as they do I'll send it your way! I really think you should check out Generosity.com, I think you'll get a better response than e-transfers. K

I agree, a funding page will be your best result.

hogzotic
02-25-2017, 11:33 AM
Thank you Wide Open throttle!! appreciate it. I think your donation came thru when I briefly had GOFUNDME set up. Then they shut me down and I was advised your money will be returned to you in 2-5 business days. If you wish to donate when your cash is returned to you , you can send an e-transfer to hd09hogrider@gmail.com thanks again