PDA

View Full Version : Elk hunting in the peace region

FsjElkHunter
09-12-2016, 12:21 AM
Can anyone five me a few Ideas of where to go for good elk hunting around Fort St John. I usually head south of Dawson Creek but have had bad luck there last year. Any help would be appreciated 😀

moosinaround
09-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Fsjelkhunter, and your asking for advice on elk spots in the peace, and it's your first post. I'd do a little more homework cause I think most will look at this post and laugh. Good luck though! Moosin

Sitkaspruce
09-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Lots of country around to start looking at, look for a couple big burns as a starting point........

You will need to burn gas and boot rubber like the rest of us.

Good luck!! They seem scattered this year with all the lush vegetation.

Cheers

SS

FsjElkHunter
09-12-2016, 08:03 PM
It doesn't matter if it's my first post or 1000th a post is a post. Anyone worth there salt knows asking around and talking to hunters is a good way to gain knowledge especially when it's already into the elk season and rut. I have hunted since I was 5 years old I am not a newbie. I just didn't get time to scout this summer. Please only leave positive comments.

moosinaround
09-12-2016, 10:09 PM
It doesn't matter if it's my first post or 1000th a post is a post. Anyone worth there salt knows asking around and talking to hunters is a good way to gain knowledge especially when it's already into the elk season and rut. I have hunted since I was 5 years old I am not a newbie. I just didn't get time to scout this summer. Please only leave positive comments.
Wished ya luck, thought that was positive? Moosin

Ddog
09-12-2016, 10:31 PM
i think he's a bit bitter towards that comment moosin and sounds as though because the lack of scouting on his part is upset at that...hmmmm go figure

Dash
09-12-2016, 11:15 PM

It does matter. It's poor taste and actually quite frowned upon. Moosin simply gave you a heads up and wished you luck. As will I, since I unfortunately am not experienced enough to offer advice. Best of luck.

Iron-Head
09-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Try the spot you killed the elk in your avatar. This isn't an open buffet for information and likely areas, those days of HBC are long gone. Any elk hunter worth their salt isn't going to be posting on a public forum where they are finding elk LOL.

But good luck..

FsjElkHunter
09-14-2016, 09:59 AM
I wasn't asking for there honey holes or there exact spots. Just some friendly advice on new areas that do have good elk numbers.

Once again. If you can't be a decent human being on here and post positive notes them keep your opinion to yourself.

Ddog
09-14-2016, 04:40 PM
or perhaps you should start by introducing yourself...(i dunno,,,just a thought,,) instead of asking where to go cause you couldnt get out scouting,, or i could tell you where to go..;) ...lol
good luck with your hunt.. nice first couple of posts by the way.
cheers....D

Husky7mm
09-14-2016, 05:17 PM
I wasn't asking for there honey holes or there exact spots. Just some friendly advice on new areas that do have good elk numbers.

Once again. If you can't be a decent human being on here and post positive notes them keep your opinion to yourself.

Lol, i guess I should keep it to myself.

rocksteady
09-14-2016, 05:32 PM
Your handle us Fsjelkhunter but you come on here, in your first post looking for advice.

Hmmmm.... Oxymoron... Elk hunter without a clue, just a cool registration name...

Mikey Rafiki
09-14-2016, 05:38 PM
Asking people you don't know on a forum is no different than asking people you don't know in the bush. You will usually get the same answer. Good luck with your hunt. Not scouting time for this guy either due to those darn kids but I find its pretty easy to find some sign after a day or two out.

rides bike to work
09-14-2016, 05:42 PM
I've head fort St. John has lots of elk try there.

curt
09-14-2016, 06:08 PM
lots of people have been more than willing to give advice and share information on the forum, me included however you may want to tweek the attitude a bit.............. I'd say as a first post then lecturing people with a big chip on your shoulder is going to net you a giant glass of F**k All!!! just sayin........but hey if you find some info share it with me too :) I've been trying for a few years to get into some elk in the peace but never thought to just ask someone where to go!? :)

moosinaround
09-14-2016, 06:59 PM
So it wasn't just me?

RackStar
09-14-2016, 07:25 PM
somones going to send you to a dead mans valley with no animals after all this... dont take anyones advice.. go find some sign and hunt... trust no one ***paranioa***

hunters are worse then fishermen.. goodluck though..

lightmag
09-14-2016, 07:32 PM
google earth....... find water, rivers... old burns, blocks , and get off beaten path, like off trails.. their there... just in the deep ugly stuff 99% of people wont go into .....

Bear Chaser
09-14-2016, 11:10 PM
So it wasn't just me?

Haha.... it wasn't just you.

FsjElkHunter
09-14-2016, 11:38 PM
I guess you don't know how to f***ing read!!!!! Positive comments only !! If you want to impress someone by talking like a dildo turn to your wife or boyfriend . Not needed here. I was just trying to get some friendly advice from peace region hunters. So if your not from the peace and don't want to be nice or show common courtesy than F**k off!!! But hey have a good hunt and good luck makes it all better.

kevan
09-15-2016, 03:12 AM
I guess you don't know how to f***ing read!!!!! Positive comments only !! If you want to impress someone by talking like a dildo turn to your wife or boyfriend . Not needed here. I was just trying to get some friendly advice from peace region hunters. So if your not from the peace and don't want to be nice or show common courtesy than F**k off!!! But hey have a good hunt and good luck makes it all better.

This will go a long way....I can feel the love.

untilthelastbeat
09-15-2016, 05:17 AM
You don't sound like much of a hunter to me. Anyone with first year knowledge wouldn't dream of asking a group of strangers where to find good elk numbers let alone on a public forum. And the fact that your surprised that your getting slammed for it also confuses me. Although traditionally your first post is supposed to be a joke... I guess you succeeded on that part. Welcome to the site fsj. You have quite the reputation already

srthomas75
09-15-2016, 06:37 AM
I don't understand why no one here is offering up their elk gps coordinates. The OP seems like such a pleasant person, and extra polite.

swampdonkey
09-15-2016, 07:20 AM
I know a spot in aldergrove where I guarantee you will see elk .

Ddog
09-15-2016, 08:04 AM

holy cow,,,the bad attitude continues,,maybe you should ask some of your friends that you hunt with, or do they have chips on their shoulders to? come on here and start yelling at people and telling them that they don't know how to read and then typing insulting comments ,,yup you are going get lots of replies and help..
again...good luck

.264winmag
09-15-2016, 08:37 AM
Lots of elk on private property up there, could try your charm with the landowners. I never had any luck though...

rocksteady
09-15-2016, 09:02 AM
Is this the reincarnation of Chevy???

northof49
09-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Elk info is pretty sacred.....as others pointed out user name is ironic considering the info you are looking for help on. There are no shortcuts to elk other than luck or a buddy to show you the ropes....otherwise just need to get out there and put in the effort......figuring out where they are is the easy part. Thick skin and good attitude helps too!!

Xenomorph
09-15-2016, 10:38 AM
You must be
1. Either too dumb to realize what you're doing.
2. Genius causing pandemonium and hilarity with the flow of comments addressed to your attitude correctness. I literally laughed out loud several times, we do have a good bunch around here.

Either way, well done on both accounts. Get out there man, nothing better than chasing something and stumbling on a heard of elk, just do get out there in the thick.

Welcome to the forum and hope you get your elk man.

masoncade1992
09-15-2016, 11:24 AM
I live in fsj and up till about 5 years ago i never got an elk . Didn't know how to hunt elk. The trick is not the town or city you live in. The trick is how much pre season scouting you get in. Research lots! Learn their habits.

i the last 5 years I have now shot a bull every year in the same general spot. Find the sign hunt the sign.

oh and a brief introduction about your self may have yielded some info from people, but not me I work way to hard to give up my honey holes! When you have spent the time and effort like most people do who consistently get elk, you won't just pm spots on hbc.

Darksith
09-15-2016, 11:38 AM

I hear the prophet river valley north of FSJ has amazing elk numbers. Good luck out there. Welcome to the community, we aren't just a bunch of one time posters looking for help, but rather a community of hunters...when joining a community you need to participate and engage before looking to reap the rewards generally speaking...

Darksith
09-15-2016, 11:46 AM

you keep talking like you own this place, yet you just got here...we are looking for friendly advice too...where have you been hunting in the past? Trade ya...

Rusty Shackleford
09-15-2016, 04:24 PM
Try giving Howie a call out in Upper Cache: 250-793-1973. I'm tired of hearing about elk eating his cattle feed.

bwhnter
09-15-2016, 05:29 PM
I don't feel it is appropriate to post someone's private number on a public forum.

Sitkaspruce
09-15-2016, 06:50 PM
Lots of country around to start looking at, look for a couple big burns as a starting point........

You will need to burn gas and boot rubber like the rest of us.

Good luck!! They seem scattered this year with all the lush vegetation.

Cheers

SS

Hmmmmm, I thought I gave you some ideas, but apparently swearing at us is how you pay us back........

Like I said above, two are two f**cking huge burns that would f**cking be worth checking the f**ck out as well as f**cking burning some of your f**cking boot rubber like the f**cking the rest of us.

That easier to understand???

Cheers

SS

09-15-2016, 07:18 PM

DING DING DING ! Ladies and Gentlemen ....... We have a real Winner Here. Wow!

Do do you live In A Van Down By the River ? ......

Sorry butttt with an attitude like you have ..... Can't help YA. Although I usually try too for any one deserving or earning it.

Go go back to where YA got the one in the pic would be my best advise. Wow!

cpearen
10-06-2016, 10:10 PM

This is great... Had a good laugh at this one
Good luck bud, keep it up

meat hunter
10-18-2016, 03:43 PM
Sheesh tough crowd. I have always appreciated help perhaps your freezer needs filling . Try out Dunlevy way, butler ridge way and the farmers on Beryl prairie rd . I don't know if the road is open to Butler Ridge

Bobfl
10-18-2016, 05:30 PM
elk are where you find them, In there tracks.
Do like the rest of us, look for 4 yrs in an area until you know it backwards ,than you will get your elk.

RackStar
10-18-2016, 05:36 PM
this is one of the best threads this year, pure entertainment

monasheemountainman
10-18-2016, 05:37 PM
I'm pretty sure this guy is never coming back lol

lapua66
10-18-2016, 06:24 PM
I can see why he's mad.Bunch of dicks flapping bs cause they have dick all better to do.He was asking for a little info not a bj.What a bunch of ass clowns lol.Im going to delete this site as it seems to be full of a bunch of arsholes anyway.

Boner
10-18-2016, 06:40 PM
I can see why he's mad.Bunch of dicks flapping bs cause they have dick all better to do.He was asking for a little info not a bj.What a bunch of ass clowns lol.Im going to delete this site as it seems to be full of a bunch of arsholes anyway.

I can see why you're mad too. You tried the same thing and never really got a straight answer. At least in a forum post.

rocksteady
10-18-2016, 07:00 PM

You ou are actually defending this goof ball? Wow

Sangstercraft
10-18-2016, 09:51 PM
I've shot many an elk in this exact spot, and while I don't want to post the coordinates on this public forum, you've won my heart over with your brash charm.

So, reluctantly, I divulge my "honey hole" (who the F*##K ever came up with that term?).

Here it is - just cut and paste into google but please don't share with anyone other than those who read this forum:56.918665, 123.826474

Beaverhunter
10-18-2016, 10:45 PM
I can see why you're mad too. You tried the same thing and never really got a straight answer. At least in a forum post.

Maybe you two should go elk hunting together. Lol

Boner
10-19-2016, 04:24 AM
Maybe you two should go elk hunting together. Lol

Im not mad. I was pointing out that the original poster and the guy who called us arseholes were asking the same elk hunting question.

lapua66
10-19-2016, 04:56 AM
This whole thing is rediculoud.I was never looking to find out where a elk was standing or a gps spot to someone's honey hole.I was looking for general areas not hunting on someone's private land or in their back yard(crown land)I did do some driving and found some nice areas close to town.I was never mad and still not.Just the point of people replying to threads with nothing smart to say.Its not me or this other guy with issues it was a simple question.Thats the only and last thread where I asked for any info.This site has some very good posts and those guys tarnish it.I hope there guys don't respond to simple guestions in real conversations with smart ass comments like on here.If they do they probly have no friends.Maybe that's why they respond to threads with nothing to say

SR80
10-19-2016, 06:24 AM
Don't you know you cant ask for hunting info on this site? At least not without giving your whole life story, have over 560 posts, and you have to have a "BC hunting chump" beside your name and picture.

rocksteady
10-19-2016, 06:45 AM
I hope there guys don't respond to simple guestions in real conversations with smart ass comments like on here.If they do they probly have no friends.Maybe that's why they respond to threads with nothing to say

I am a smart ass in real life too... and do have a lot of friends.,.

RackStar
10-19-2016, 06:50 AM
It costs a lot of money and time to find good spots, you tell one person the area or FSR your on, then he tells one person, then that person tells 2 people. Now your spots fu@cked and you spend 1000s on a hunt and get skunked the next year. I feel no pity for anyone who doesn't get a answer on a PUBLIC forum that anyone can read. It just seems common sense to me.

zippermouth
10-19-2016, 12:26 PM
It costs a lot of money and time to find good spots, you tell one person the area or FSR your on, then he tells one person, then that person tells 2 people. Now your spots fu@cked and you spend 1000s on a hunt and get skunked the next year. I feel no pity for anyone who doesn't get a answer on a PUBLIC forum that anyone can read. It just seems common sense to me.
wish more guys thought like this!!

Sitkaspruce
10-19-2016, 07:52 PM
If they contact me by PM, I will usually help with some basic info. If they come across like they deserve to be told of areas to hunt, they get nothing from me but some suggestions. Like I did on this post....some big burns have just happened in the Peace along with lots of cut blocks and roads. Burn some boot leather, some gas $$$ and you never know what you might find, just like most of us have done in the past.

Two weeks left for elk up here......

Cheers

SS

goinghunting
10-19-2016, 11:23 PM
This to me is the downfall of this site. To the OP you are obviously a new hunter and have no idea how hunters work. If you read a location on the internet it is a lie. No one spends countless hours laying down boot leather to pass it on to everyone on the internet. You need to ask how and not where period or you are wasting your time and ours expect this reply everytime you think you can take the easy way out.

.264winmag
10-20-2016, 03:56 AM
This to me is the downfall of this site. To the OP you are obviously a new hunter and have no idea how hunters work. If you read a location on the internet it is a lie. No one spends countless hours laying down boot leather to pass it on to everyone on the internet. You need to ask how and not where period or you are wasting your time and ours expect this reply everytime you think you can take the easy way out.

He clearly stated he's been hunting since 5 years old. It's not the site's fault for his bad attitude...

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
10-20-2016, 04:17 AM
Wow. .lol.

Backwoods
10-20-2016, 06:34 AM
Lol that escalated quickly, I didn't even get to share my honey holes before he was gone hahaha lol I've lived in the peace for 5 years now, coming from Kelowna born and raised hunting reg 8 & 3, me and my family and friends put on countless miles, crazy amounts of time and money into fuel to learn the country, now living in the peace, the last five years I've had to do my homework, learning a entire new reg 7b with no help, other then google and maps!! Put tons of km on my boots and truck has took a beating up here in the mud lol!! And now after 5 years I've finally found some great areas in the peace! Was discouraging learnin a new area and how to hunt it, but now all worth the effort!