PDA

View Full Version : Place to shoot off the Coq? Need to sight in.

AgSilver
09-11-2016, 10:24 PM
I'm heading up to Kelowna this weekend and just had new scopes boresighted on both rifles. Any good spots to stop a short distance off the Coq with at least 200 yards? Figured maybe a cut somewhere off the Britton Creek stop on the West side or something like that.

Iron Glove
09-12-2016, 10:27 AM
If you were going by Tulameen I'd take you to our range but that's a wee bit outta your way.
Suggest heading down the Tulameen FSR rom the Britton stop, about 8 km you get to a fork, take the right side which is the Tulameen River FSR.
Lots of recent clear cuts along there. The left side of the road is more level, the Right side more mountain.
Be aware that the hills will be alive with hunters, could be a gong show.

ajr5406
09-12-2016, 10:39 AM
What about off Sylvestor Rd in Mission to avoid all the hunters off the Coq?

Glenny
09-12-2016, 12:06 PM

But be sure to leave scads of emty beer boxex, broken bottles, pC monitors and tvs there. And of course the obligatory 500 empty shotgun shell hulls. 8):razz:

czechsanchez
09-12-2016, 12:31 PM
right hand side of the highway from carolin mines

ruger#1
09-12-2016, 12:33 PM
What about off Sylvestor Rd in Mission to avoid all the hunters off the Coq? I live in Mission, And never go to that war zone. There is a whole lot of stupid in that area.

adriaticum
09-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Don't be that guy.
A guy who puts up a target in the middle of a field which someone might be hunting without any backstop whatsoever.

Wrayzer
09-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Off the top of the connector at sunset main there are miles of FSR.

monasheemountainman
09-12-2016, 01:57 PM
I'm heading up to Kelowna this weekend and just had new scopes boresighted on both rifles. Any good spots to stop a short distance off the Coq with at least 200 yards? Figured maybe a cut somewhere off the Britton Creek stop on the West side or something like that.

go down any fsr off sunset find a cutblock with a safe background...

AgSilver
09-12-2016, 02:54 PM
If you were going by Tulameen I'd take you to our range but that's a wee bit outta your way.
Suggest heading down the Tulameen FSR rom the Britton stop, about 8 km you get to a fork, take the right side which is the Tulameen River FSR.
Lots of recent clear cuts along there. The left side of the road is more level, the Right side more mountain.
Be aware that the hills will be alive with hunters, could be a gong show.

Very helpful - I may just do that - thanks!

But be sure to leave scads of emty beer boxex, broken bottles, pC monitors and tvs there. And of course the obligatory 500 empty shotgun shell hulls. 8):razz:

Maybe I'll bring some old furniture to dump with me! (it's a bit out of the way for this trip...)

right hand side of the highway from carolin mines

Carolin Mine Road, over the river, and head East?

Don't be that guy.
A guy who puts up a target in the middle of a field which someone might be hunting without any backstop whatsoever.

Safety first! So not in the middle of the field...maybe at the top of a hill where I can't see beyond? :mrgreen:

Off the top of the connector at sunset main there are miles of FSR.

go down any fsr off sunset find a cutblock with a safe background...

Thanks - that's a good idea too - may just depend on time of day.