PDA

View Full Version : Pitt Wildlife Management Area

limelaxer
09-10-2016, 07:02 AM
Looking on map....

Is it the pinkish area at corner of Koerner and Rannie Roads?

Do you need a dog or a boat? Or can you park and walk in with a temporary blind?

Been doing lots of exploring but always hesitant to go somewhere with a gun that I'm not positive about.

Whonnock Boy
09-10-2016, 09:53 AM
This may help you. http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/regulations/fvsah2015.pdf

limelaxer
09-10-2016, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the link.

I have the map.... if you look on the map it shows "Pitt Wildlife Management Area".. the writing covers both white and pinkish colors and I am unable to see specific boundaries (expect for the pink area within the white area).

Looking for clarification that that pink area is the hunting area with specific hunting days.

Buck
09-10-2016, 04:02 PM
The pink area is the non hunting area.The white with the railroad tie marks is open to hunting.You can park on Koerner and walk in there.You can also walk west on Koerner off Rannie and hunt there towards the Pitt River Other access points off Rannie towards the pitt are doable but Boat or dog are in my opinion necessary for retrieval in all areas of the Pitt.

limelaxer
09-10-2016, 04:34 PM
Thank you.

This makes much more sense to me.

Time for some more scouting.

The pink area is the non hunting area.The white with the railroad tie marks is open to hunting.You can park on Koerner and walk in there.You can also walk west on Koerner off Rannie and hunt there towards the Pitt River Other access points off Rannie towards the pitt are doable but Boat or dog are in my opinion necessary for retrieval in all areas of the Pitt.

Dano
09-10-2016, 08:26 PM
It's only open Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday's. You can't shot off any dyke between an open and closed area, there has to be open areas on both sides of the dyke. Be aware there are quite a few walkers and fisherman out and about early in the season. The fisherman don't seem to mind moving into an area being hunted and staying nearby. Very frustrating!
water is deep by the dykes, you need a boat to retrieve birds.