PDA

View Full Version : Any luck with this early season?

Fallkniven
09-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Any one having any luck with the early season?. I've been out with the CB 5 times, eve and Morning, but only seen deer moving at the very last and very first light...so much cover too . I'm thinking its still too warm for them....

Just curious, has anyone historically had any luck with the Sept 1-9 bow season?

FortBoy
09-09-2016, 02:39 PM
took a lil 2pt in velvet sunday and buddy took one on the saturday. put in a lot of time for them though. my first successful early season bow hunt

Fallkniven
09-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Hey well done!, nice to hear someone got something. I'm think a bit more planning is required for this early season, getting to more remote areas where the deer are used to feeding undisturbed and maybe at wider range of times

adriaticum
09-09-2016, 02:56 PM
So far the area I've been going to has been severely logged and cattle have moved in.
Have not seen a deer or bear, but some cams reveal that there are odd bucks in there and are nocturnal already.
But logging has done a number on them for sure.

HarryToolips
09-09-2016, 02:57 PM
I chased 3 different bucks with my bow Saturday, no luck.....

Fallkniven
09-09-2016, 03:06 PM
Lots of food around too, lots of berrys this year, hard to get a handle on where they are going!

M.Dean
09-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Any one having any luck with the early season?. I've been out with the CB 5 times, eve and Morning, but only seen deer moving at the very last and very first light...so much cover too . I'm thinking its still too warm for them....

Just curious, has anyone historically had any luck with the Sept 1-9 bow season? How do you mean it's too warm for them? Where do the deer go when it's warm out? Also, with this years nice thick growth of under brush that should help a guy stayed concealed way better when Bow hunting, no? My Grand son took a real nice WT buck early last fall, around 5:Oclock we drove across the road through my buddys property, and as I was waiting for him to close the last gate I noticed something a bit off color in the under brush, grabbed my bino's from around my neck, where they are every second I'm out hunting, and low and behold Tim, that light colored branch I was just going to get a close look at jumped up and bolted at close to Mach 34!!! Well that ones gone, and what the hell I said, bino anyways I say, and hidden right beside where the buck jumped up from was more horns!!! I don't think that buck was anymore than 65 feet from us, and with both quads running I might add! Those bucks were camped in the bottom of that little ravine under all that nice cool lush foliage, and believe me, I now glass the bottoms of little ravines like that every time I get the chance! So think like a deer, and you'll be eatt'en deer! Good Luck!

Mikey Rafiki
09-09-2016, 05:23 PM
Had 2 different 5x5 bulls come in. 30 yards and 5 yards. Could not seal the deal but I consider it relatively successful.

Fallkniven
09-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Hi M Dean
Whitetail don't like the heat, so they move at the coolest times of day when the temps are high, ie like now, they move at night when it coolest. The cover is good for us to conceal, but good for them to conceal too! and offers lots of of food sources and (unless you hunt farmland etc) it can make it more difficult to predict their movements!...anyway, glad your grandson got the deer, hope he gets another this year!

Piperdown
09-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Hit the bow season in the koots seeing as i had a couple of days work there. We got an elusive immy bull moose and a fork mulie :mrgreen: Funny thing, everything is so green and these animals had minimal fat for the time of year, maybe getting the run by too many wolves.

Fallkniven
09-11-2016, 03:48 PM
Well done!...those Moose bulls are elusive indeed!..congrats

JasonH
09-17-2016, 12:07 PM
Got a whitetail buck in region 8. Real hot out there, first whitetail ever. Went out to the east kootenays before region 8 to try and hunt the any bull season but couldn't find the elk...

tigrr
09-17-2016, 12:14 PM
Maybe a little luck for our group. 9 guys 1 moose. Wet, muddy hard hunt. No deer seen.

https://s19.postimg.org/juhz40vvn/IMG_1752.jpg