PDA

View Full Version : Best moose sausage recipe you have made?

tigrr
09-07-2016, 06:34 PM
I hope that the gang gets a moose and my share will be all made into a few types of sausage. Could you share you favorite recipe with us. I have a lot of bear to add as well. I will find my breakfast sausage recipe and share it here. thanks

markomoose
09-07-2016, 07:20 PM
Got a killer breakfast sausage recipe from Chola here a few years ago.Try to dig it up?

tigrr
09-07-2016, 07:43 PM
My breakfast sausage favorite. I used less salt in the second batch. I soaked the red pepper flakes and added the water.
1lb of moose and 1 lb of pork.
Recipe By:Lee Fogle
"Makes a delicious, homemade breakfast sausage using ground pork, moose and an assortment of spices."
Ingredients

2 teaspoons dried sage
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram

1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 pinch ground cloves
1 pound ground pork, 1 pound of moose

Directions

In a small, bowl, combine the sage, salt, ground black pepper, marjoram, brown sugar, crushed red pepper and cloves. Mix well.
Place the pork/moose in a large bowl and add the mixed spices to it. Mix well with your hands and form into patties.
Saute the patties in a large skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes per side, or until internal pork temperature reaches 160 degrees F (73 degrees C). You can put this in a sausage case.

Boner
09-07-2016, 07:43 PM
Stuffers pepperoni mix in hog casings is pretty good. 3 hours of smoke in the Bradley. Takes me all day to make and cook but everyone chokes it down.