PDA

View Full Version : 7-11 Moose trip

drewsky
09-06-2016, 09:21 PM
Howdy! Just wondering if some one might send me in the right direction for setting up moose camp in reg 7-11! My boys n I were drawn, and are planning to set up the wall tent, preferably near a decent fishing lake! Was planning to be around the Finger/Tatuk lakes area! Any info would be great!!
Cheers!

Buckmeister
09-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Was there a few years ago and helped my buddy get his LEH bull. Miles and miles of terrain to explore, but it can get hit hard by hunters. My buddy goes in there almost every year, but lately he says it is getting harder to find the moose as they get pushed further back because of pressure. He ended up going across a lake with a boat to an area that is not near any roads and he found a bull in there.

As for camping, we were next to a very nice lake, but since I don't know the area I couldn't tell you the name. Sorry.

ItsGrouseTalk
09-07-2016, 09:15 AM
Drewsky, send me a message and i'll respond after classes

StuBrown
09-07-2016, 09:34 AM
There is also Barton Lake Recreational Site.

Frango
09-07-2016, 11:13 AM
I have not hunted 7/11 for like 20 plus years.Then ,finding camping spot depended on how many people hunting the zone. On weekends it was lots..There was still standing beetle kill when I was there. It is probably a giant clear cut now. Hunting the zone for immy's IE no draw would be a tough go. With a draw? just a little work. Good luck.

Bro 300
09-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Nice forestry campsites at Tagia Lake. Also good fishing.

drewsky
09-07-2016, 08:28 PM
Awesome info!! Thx guys!!

Buckmeister
09-10-2016, 10:23 PM
I have not hunted 7/11 for like 20 plus years.Then ,finding camping spot depended on how many people hunting the zone. On weekends it was lots..There was still standing beetle kill when I was there. It is probably a giant clear cut now. Hunting the zone for immy's IE no draw would be a tough go. With a draw? just a little work. Good luck.

Like you wouldn't believe. I've never seen soooo many miles of open terrain. Mind you, some spots have been replanted and are getting pretty thick. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the logged out area of BC that can be seen from space?

When I helped my buddy get his bull a few years ago in there, there was an immy with him. I didn't know it was an immy because by the time I saw him he started shaking his head around and I couldn't get a positive ID, and then he ran off. My buddy had a much better look at him and confirmed to me afterward that it was an immy. He didn't tell me sooner cause he didn't want the hassle of dealing with two downed moose at the same time. What??? :shock::shock::shock: At least he shared his bull with me.