PDA

View Full Version : wells grey park

jbruce
09-05-2016, 08:11 PM
does anyone out there have any info on the 400 meter no shooting area along the Clearwater road? I've heard there may be some variance to this rule but have been unable to find any mention of it in any web sight I've looked through. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks,JB

skibum
09-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Sorry I don't know about the 400 rule, but last time I checked, you have to know you hunting units as the main park road is not a hunt-able unit.

jbruce
09-05-2016, 08:27 PM
thanks, it's an leh area.

HarryToolips
09-05-2016, 09:40 PM
thanks, it's an leh area.
There is all general open season allowed as well in the park, just it starts Sept 20 rather than the tenth, and only in 3-46, not 3-45...thick country, and as the rule states, 400m on either side of the main road that takes you right to Clearwater lake there is no hunting or shooting...beautiful country, bring your camera, the waterfalls are awesome..

XPEIer
09-06-2016, 07:10 AM
400m no shooting from all "public roads" in all provincial parks. I cannot imagine variances to this.

Xenomorph
09-06-2016, 07:32 AM
400m no shooting from all "public roads" in all provincial parks. I cannot imagine variances to this.

There are variations

Parks, Conservancies, Recreation Areas & Protected Areas marked withan asterisk (*) are exempt from the No Hunting No Shooting Restrictionwithin 400 m of the centre line of park roads. These parks are NOT exempt from Highway No Shooting and No Hunting Areas.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/regulations/parks_hunt.pdf

it's pretty clear in the regulations which parts of Well Gray Park are "exempt" from the no shooting rule within the lawful hunting season.

http://i65.tinypic.com/687l8x.jpg

blackbart
09-06-2016, 09:39 AM
PM Dana, he might know....

skibum
09-06-2016, 12:34 PM
There are variations

it's pretty clear in the regulations, Well Gray Park is "exempt" from the no shooting rule within the lawful hunting season.

Seriously?

Except for the hunting prohibition in 3-45 - which is a huge chunk of the park - and the main road in.

Xenomorph
09-06-2016, 01:19 PM
Seriously?

Except for the hunting prohibition in 3-45 - which is a huge chunk of the park - and the main road in.

Thanks for that, I thought I edited to "which parts are exempt" but it must have timed off on me.

butcher
09-06-2016, 03:40 PM
Stillwater, Battle Mountain, Clearwater River road are exempt. Everything else is 400m no hunting or shooting. You won't see much from the main road usually anyway. It's thick country. Be very aware of private property as well. You won't get a lot of leeway pleading ignorance on that one. PM me if you want more info. I have hunted it a lot.

skibum
09-07-2016, 09:41 AM
Thanks for that, I thought I edited to "which parts are exempt" but it must have timed off on me.

Sorry - Wasn't trying to sound quite like a dick with the "seriously"

Xenomorph
09-07-2016, 10:15 AM
Sorry - Wasn't trying to sound quite like a dick with the "seriously"

No worries bud, I got thick skin. No damage done. First round's on you though ;)

Just trying to help, if I can, as much as I can, and thanks to you pointing that at least I'm not disseminating false information. All good!

jbruce
09-07-2016, 05:45 PM
thanks,I looked through a few gov web sites but just not the right one

Xenomorph
09-08-2016, 09:27 AM
thanks,I looked through a few gov web sites but just not the right one

Call the Cariboo ministry office. I went for an area I wasn't sure off, spoke to two ladies, first one was knowledgeable but she didn't have the maps handy and didn't want to give me info that might be inaccurate, so she put me through to "Linda".

Linda was not available, I left a voicemail with my cell number. Within 30 min I had a call back, discussed my situation and she sent me detailed maps of the area of interest. I'll PM you the number.

jbruce
09-09-2016, 04:31 AM
talked to linda couple years back she helped me out with a license to accompany for one of my kids. great lady lots of help,thanks for all the info. I will give her a call,when I gather up the maps I'll give you a ring and see if we can't do a little horse trading thanks again jb

Spenser
07-30-2019, 10:10 AM
So as a first time moose hunter I drew this leg tag from oct1-31. And all I read everywhere is good luck, any tips and info you can help me out with?

VLD43
07-30-2019, 10:44 AM
Check with the local CO to confirm restrictions. I hunted in Syringa Park back in 2009. Co at the time told me the no shooting area was from the center line on the road to 15 meters off the road. Don't know if this applies to your situation though.

HarryToolips
07-30-2019, 01:46 PM
^^^that rule applies for any 2 lane road in BC, but I believe in Wells Grey is 400 m on either side of the road, but your right, he'll want to check with authorities...

butcher
07-30-2019, 02:09 PM
Still 400 m with the already noted exceptions. You want to kill a moose there in October? Boat, fly, hike. There are very few moose shot from or near roadways at that time. There are spots you can hike and call, be ready to do some packing.

Frank grimes
07-30-2019, 07:14 PM
So as a first time moose hunter I drew this leg tag from oct1-31. And all I read everywhere is good luck, any tips and info you can help me out with?
First time moose hunter and sells grey don’t really go together. It will be tough, like others have said be prepared to pack out. Be mindful of where you are and how far to the road, before you shoot. Best of luck.