PDA

View Full Version : Online Hunting Licenses

dak0ta
09-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Hi,

I remember there was talk about an online licensing system coming into the works like they have in Alberta. Is that up and running for this year?

I registered online for a FWID, so do I just print off that sheet and bring it to my local hunting store and buy licenses as per usual? The FWID just replaces the Hunter Number Card?

Thx

russm
09-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Just bring your ID to where you'd normally buy your license and they can find you in the fwid system, thats how they did mine and i even brought my new number and my old hunter number card.

dak0ta
09-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Ok thanks for the clarification. I was under impression that we could actually buy our annual hunting license online like the WIN system in AB. Save you a trip, but I guess it's an opportunity to buy some ammo and hunting gear while I'm at it ;)

Iltasyuko
09-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Might be a full online system like we have for freshwater fishing licenses for 2017 license year - but it's not here for this year.

Stresd
09-01-2016, 06:13 PM
Just bring your ID to where you'd normally buy your license and they can find you in the fwid system, thats how they did mine

????????????????
No one accsess's the FWID system when selling you a Hunting licence or Tags. Did same as I usually do. Go into WSS, tell the lady that i want a hunting licence and some tags. Give her my old licence so can copy information as nothing has changed. This year never even asked for my H# just copied the one from my old licence. Gives them the money and leaves a heck of a lot poorer but happy with expectation of cutting at least one of the $205 bucks worth of Tags you just purchased.:wink:

dak0ta
09-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Every dollar spent to be out in the wild is worth it, even if you come home empty handed most of the time hah

SSG-man
09-01-2016, 09:10 PM
On my hunter survey card it stated I would be contacted (by Mail) with a new hunter ID to replace my core number.
Still waiting.

Shooter Jr.
09-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Don't worry too much about the FWID. Just go and get your license like you do every year. The license Vendor will look up your FWID profile using your hunter number.
The licenses are expected to be online for 2017.. so next year.

dak0ta
09-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Great thanks for the clarification everyone!

chris
09-02-2016, 12:20 PM
When I got my moose tag they looked me up in the system and could even see that I had successfully drawn an leh.