PDA

View Full Version : What FLoat tube to buy?

Marc
08-31-2016, 11:46 AM
So I've been doing a bit of lake fishing this spring / summer and now interested in getting a float tube that's transportable to get to lakes that have no roads to them as well as capable of keeping me afloat and possibly my ass out of the water. Do not like the inertube type but like the horseshoe or "U" shaped tubes.

Any suggestions or experiences?

Thanks!

Marc.

warnniklz
08-31-2016, 01:21 PM
I know several people running the Outcast Stealth Pro. Kind of a hybrid pontoon/belly boat deal. They've ran them on rivers like the upper Thompson and fished still waters from them. Seem pretty versatile and from what I've been told, they row like a sumbitch.

351BII
08-31-2016, 01:24 PM
I have a fishcat and love it (float tube not pontoon boat). Ive had the round inner tube type float tubes and were a pain to get in and out of especially in emergency bathroom stops:lol:. A few of my friends have the pontoon style that keeps u up out of the water and they are nice cuz your dry but they are sails on the water if its breezy. Anchors help but you pretty well need 2 so your not spinning donuts all day. Love the fish cat and wouldnt go any other way when it comes to tube fisin. Just my thoughts

Marc
08-31-2016, 01:48 PM
I have a fishcat and love it (float tube not pontoon boat). Ive had the round inner tube type float tubes and were a pain to get in and out of especially in emergency bathroom stops:lol:. A few of my friends have the pontoon style that keeps u up out of the water and they are nice cuz your dry but they are sails on the water if its breezy. Anchors help but you pretty well need 2 so your not spinning donuts all day. Love the fish cat and wouldnt go any other way when it comes to tube fisin. Just my thoughts

I was looking at the fishcat but wondering if I'm too big, it says the weight limit is 250 and with all the gear I"d be pushing close to that. Looked at the fat cat but wondering if it would be overkill for the extra $.

351BII
08-31-2016, 01:57 PM
Im 240 and havent had a problem. I too had the same issue with the fatcat but decided on the regular one. It doesnt seem to sit "too low" in the water. I dont feel unsafe in it. I wouldnt want a boat to go by with a 2 foot wake but that would never be an issue while in my tube.

TPK
08-31-2016, 02:56 PM
There really is only one option ... lol

http://motorizedu-tubecompany.com/index.php

Pretty cool, my wife and i used to each have one.

ajr5406
09-01-2016, 05:55 AM
I have a Fishcat too, and it's great. Very easy set up and well built, never had any leaks etc.

nano
09-01-2016, 05:59 AM
I am a bigger guy and have zero problems in my fishcat , get yourself some good fins and you will good to go.

welcome back Marc

Marc
09-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Awesome thanks guys, I think I will try the fishcat deluxe with the inflatable seat as well, any pros/cons with the inflatable versus solid foam seats?

09-01-2016, 11:52 AM
Fish Cat... as said already a half dozen times......
they are way more comphy and maneuverable, you sit out of the water ..... you can kick them further than a float tube,,, why they are called a "kick boat"
some time in the last couple years the picture loader stopped letting me load pictures, all the files are too big... I load them on other forums easy enough.... or id post a pic!

300$ ish I think

09-01-2016, 11:53 AM
the one I have is solid foam,,,, I have never used a blow up but the solid foam is very comphy and it feels "safe and ridged"

300H&H
09-01-2016, 08:27 PM
I've been super happy with my FishCat II

steel_ram
09-04-2016, 12:34 PM
I still get my ass a little wet in the fishcat. My only real peeve with it is that the pockets are positions so that it is tough to use a strap on rod holder.

ruger#1
09-04-2016, 12:37 PM
:lol:
I still get my ass a little wet in the fishcat. My only real peeve with it is that the pockets are positions so that it is tough to use a strap on rod holder.
Hmm. that didn't sound right.

ruger#1
09-04-2016, 12:42 PM
I have a Cadis U boat. Legs and bottom are in the water. I like it better then the doughnut. I had a problem with the U boat on year. Took it to a higher elevation. Did not let any air out of it. Popped a bladder. And my trip is over. Rubber tubes are better. At least you can patch them. The bladder took the seam out. The only thing was to replace it. Just some info from experience.

landphil
09-04-2016, 07:48 PM

A bit tough with the rod holder, yes, but workable. Scotty fly rod holder and float tube mount here. I tied the tail and of the straps though the loop to keep it from going AWOL if it ever slipped, but it is very secure on there.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad301/landphilsite/20141214_190906_zps57aa915b.jpg

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad301/landphilsite/20141214_190859_zps779ba65d.jpg

I love my Fishcat 4 deluxe, it has the inflatable seat which is comfortable enough but would try both before purchase if possible. My theory on the inflatable seat is that it is designed for deflating to pack it, not necessarily for added comfort.