PDA

View Full Version : Waterfowl Vancouver island

On my two feet
08-31-2016, 06:03 AM
hey I want to get into waterfowl and live in Nanaimo. I have heard about the Nanaimo river estuary and I'm not interested in paying money to be in a club like hidden valley. If anyone has some tips or advice they could share or PM me that would be great.

lorneparker1
08-31-2016, 09:12 AM
I am not sure what you are asking? you don't want to pay to be in a club and you don't want to hunt the best public place in your area?

tigrr
08-31-2016, 01:31 PM
How far you willing to travel? I hunted the Tofino and Ucluelet area. I used floating decoys. 1000's of geese and 10's of thousands of ducks.

Surrey Boy
08-31-2016, 01:34 PM
How far you willing to travel? I hunted the Tofino and Ucluelet area. I used floating decoys. 1000's of geese and 10's of thousands of ducks.

My interest is piqued.

longshot
08-31-2016, 07:52 PM
We have had some real good shoots in Nanaimo Estuary. 3 man limits of puddle ducks in the right spot is no problem during peak season. Just have to put in the time with scouting and try to stick away from the dozens of sky busters.. And I understand about not wanting to join the club.. fields that used to be FREE to hunt on, are now not so free anymore. And only advice is don't be like a lot of others youll see wasting boxes of ammo shooting at and crippling dozens of birds that are well out of range.. Otherwise the estuary is a great place

Brando
09-18-2016, 09:42 PM
I'm heading out to Tofino next month, and while it isn't a designated hunting trip I though I'd take some time to explore some waterfowl spots. Is the Tofino Mudflat Management Area somewhere I'm allowed to hunt publicly?