PDA

View Full Version : [Advice wanted]: MU 5-13 Zone A, late season moose, Nov 1 - 15

coastcrickets
08-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Hi all, I pulled a late season LEH for bull's this year and would love some advice for this region, and for late season bulls. I've hunted lots of spikers before but this will be my first bull, and first succesful draw after 8 years of applying.

What should I plan for hunting strategy? Should I bother calling or start with looking for tracks in snow and looking in dryer more open areas?

Thanks in advance.

lorneparker1
08-29-2016, 03:09 PM
I have the same draw but for OCt 1-15. So ill be watching if you don't mind!

srupp
08-29-2016, 08:32 PM
Hmm send pm with ph number..will call..
Cheers
Steven

lorneparker1
08-31-2016, 06:50 PM
bump.

Anyone? Pm is fine!

Jagermeister
08-31-2016, 10:20 PM
I would go to Nazko and take the Honolulu Road south to 5-13A and hunt the Cliisbako River area. lorneparker1, you're hunting the rut so your moose should be a given. To the OP, you're a month later so the moose are going to yard up. See one and there will be more. Best bet is south facing slope with clearcut or open with forest above. Moose will move out to soak up the sun and retreat to the forest. Don't ignore north side slopes, they can hang there too.

Drillbit
08-31-2016, 11:01 PM
Hi all, I pulled a late season LEH for bull's this year and would love some advice for this region, and for late season bulls. I've hunted lots of spikers before but this will be my first bull, and first succesful draw after 8 years of applying.

What should I plan for hunting strategy? Should I bother calling or start with looking for tracks in snow and looking in dryer more open areas?

Thanks in advance.

Friendly FYI, a spiker is also a bull