PDA

View Full Version : help 132 road Alaska highway...

walks with deer
08-26-2016, 05:12 PM
I changed my tires today at Canadian tire in fort st john...
the service guy decided to top up my fluids he put the wrong fluid in my master cylinder now I have all four tires breaks seized on.. I am have a key up the 132 road at the gravel pit if someone could bring me a bunch of dot 3 so I can flush my system I will br deeply indeted and will tell you where there is a couple bulls.

walks with deer
08-26-2016, 05:20 PM
Or if you know a mobile mechanic in area please send number

elkhunterette
08-26-2016, 05:23 PM
Hopefuly someone can help you out.

walks with deer
08-26-2016, 05:34 PM
Sorry that is supposed to say half a km...

Canadian tire is denying it now I am 1300km from home and can not drive...

nature girl
08-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Phone Canadian tire and tell them your vehicle will not drive tell them to send you a tow truck and they are paying for it and for you to stay in a hotel at there charge and they better well get your vehicle fixed by tomorrow Saturday. Sometimes you just have to be a ass to get things done in life.

Boner
08-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Man I wish I was up there to help. I know exactly where you are at. I'd phone pink mountain first then the esso at wonowon to see if they have any dot 3. In case you have to catch a ride somewhere.

elkhunterette
08-26-2016, 05:41 PM
I'm no where near you but is there something that I can do?

Bear Chaser
08-26-2016, 05:56 PM
Operators camp at km 1 on the 132. They may be able to help you out.

Boner
08-26-2016, 06:05 PM
Lots of guys pull in there too because there's a card lock. Pretty good chance a service truck can help you out.

scoutlt1
08-26-2016, 06:05 PM
What's the make and model of your vehicle??

Vladimir Poutine
08-26-2016, 06:52 PM
Best of luck in your rescue. Do the receipts say what kind of fluid? If not keep some fluid. It should show what the mechanic put in. This sounds like a very expensive oops that you should not have to cover.

calvin L
08-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your break down . Every rubber part in your brake system will need to be changed as oil and dot 3 do not mix . I have see this many times over the years . A small glimmer if hope is I have seen Icbc cover this repair many times under comprehensive coverage .

Xenomorph
08-26-2016, 08:40 PM
I can only wish your situation changes bud. Good luck. Sucks to have such a start but I'm hoping for the better. Looking forward to the awesome story of a concluded hunt to make up for this.

Cheers bud.

DBM
08-26-2016, 08:53 PM
I'm at the wonowon gas station. Still need help?anybody has his phone number? I don't want to hang out here too long if my help isn't needed

walks with deer
08-26-2016, 09:04 PM
Guys awesome responses...thank you very much...

Operators camp guys helped me out....

What a great group of guys at hbc

walks with deer
08-26-2016, 09:05 PM
I am going to sleep in the gravel pit hear tonight if someone wants a beer or two who offers help

Ohwildwon
08-26-2016, 09:09 PM
Have an awesome sleep, Walks with Deer...

Sitkaspruce
08-26-2016, 09:21 PM
If you still in a jam tomorrow morning, send me a PM and I will come up and help. I just got back from GP and have had a couple cold ones tonight.

Like others have said, try the camp at 1 k, although when I was there on Wed, there was very few people around. There is a Drill rig off the 132 at 3/4k on the left and down that road a couple klicks. Just ask for the Consultant, tool push or company rep and explain what is going on. They should be able to help you.

Let me know

Cheers

SS

kilometers
08-26-2016, 09:37 PM
The only difference between brake fluids is the boiling point, dot 3 dot 4 just have different boiling points they will not cause your wheels to lock up.
if someone put a petroleum based product (engine oil etc) it will cause the seals to swell in the master cylinder and calipers or wheel cylinders. If this is the case flushing the system will do nothing to help the swelling. Then parts must be replaced.

Surrey Boy
08-26-2016, 09:41 PM
If you still in a jam tomorrow morning, send me a PM and I will come up and help. I just got back from GP and have had a couple cold ones tonight.

Like others have said, try the camp at 1 k, although when I was there on Wed, there was very few people around. There is a Drill rig off the 132 at 3/4k on the left and down that road a couple klicks. Just ask for the Consultant, tool push or company rep and explain what is going on. They should be able to help you.

Let me know

Cheers

SS

Trinidad 56?

landphil
08-26-2016, 09:42 PM
DO NOT just open the brake bleeders and try flushing fluid through. It will make things worse - much worse, if some has indeed put a petroleum based fluid (oil) in a DOT 3 or 4 brake system. The oil will swell any natural rubber seals, but if you haven't opened any bleeder screws, the contamination will be limited to the master cylinder and the fluid in the immediate lines - within inches of the master cylinder.

The easy and economical way to repair is to remove the master cylinder without draining the reservoir, flush the brake fluid in reverse from BELOW (you'll need a small pump to push fluid from the into the brake bleeders) to keep from contaminating the rest of the brake hydraulic system including the ABS modulator / pump unit if equipped with ABS. Then bench bleed and install a NEW master cylinder, and bleed the system again normally. If equipped with ABS, do not let the lines drain - bleeding an ABS unit that has run dry usually requires activation with a scan tool.

dmaxtech
08-26-2016, 10:50 PM
File a claim with ICBC and tell them who put the wrong fluid in. They will go after the company to recover the cost of the claim.

elkhunterette
08-27-2016, 01:43 PM
How did it turn out?

wos
08-27-2016, 02:09 PM
Can u Crack the bleed nuts on the wheel cylinders to release the pressure? Not a cure but it would allow you to drive out in low gear so stopping isn't so dangerous. Just a thougt!

M.Dean
08-27-2016, 03:51 PM
I seem to remember taking a axe and a nice big rock under my truck and crimping the leaking brake line, then cutting it right off and then slowly folding the line and smashing it together until it didn't leak anymore fluid, but that was back when a guy could work on his truck! And there was a time when, after reading your cry's for help, me a few of the boys would leave a note on the table for our wives to read when they got back from Bingo: "Buddy's in big trouble, went to save him" then grab some beers and our rifles and be there in, oh around 20 or 30 hours, stopping to sober up, when needed! Keep us up to date WWD, just might have to take some pills and go for a last road trip!!!

grizzlydown
08-28-2016, 08:16 PM
Did you make it out?? Have a jobsite at 119 mile and our serviceman would be willing to help you out.

walks with deer
08-31-2016, 02:26 PM
Sorry was out of service thought I sent update...the guys at the camp on the 132 road..helped me out completely they wouldn't even take money or beer...but they got a lot of pepperonipepperoni thanks for all the advice...last day of any bull good luck out there.

monasheemountainman
08-31-2016, 03:26 PM
mmmmmmm pepperonipepperoni