PDA

View Full Version : MU 3-17 Mule Deer

SavageJB
08-26-2016, 04:28 PM
Hi all, countdown to season opener here we come!! I am headed to Cache Creek as my brother has a LEH for antlerless mulie and was wondering how the action is that way lately? I got a 5 point out there few years back but been quite a while since I have been in the area, and with the 4+ point reg makes for a real hunt indeed. Just wondering what people have seen for mule deer populations out that way, or low numbers due to predators. Headed out sometime in November but hoping for a scouting trip before then depending on work. Any info always helpful.

Cheers to the season!

gutpile
08-26-2016, 10:35 PM
Not a high number for mules , but they are there up high .

SavageJB
08-31-2016, 02:30 PM
Thanks!! Not sure if there was low counts as other areas of the province so any info is appreciated.

russm
08-31-2016, 02:46 PM
I haven't been up for early season yet but when im up there in the mid season theres a lot of deer if you know where to look, there was a surprising number of bucks coming out of there last year, the big ones seem to wise up and find the private land pretty quick, i got an antlerless draw for 3-30 in november.

russm
08-31-2016, 02:47 PM
Get off the roads and hike and youll see a lot more than you will road hunting, just a matter of something with enough points to shoot.