PDA

View Full Version : almost 4 years later my 200 plus inch mulie finally on my wall.....

lightmag
08-26-2016, 03:56 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/dentonjohnson/th_mymulie2_zps2ktiiwzy.jpg (http://s123.photobucket.com/user/dentonjohnson/media/mymulie2_zps2ktiiwzy.jpg.html) Well after almost 4 years .. due to being effed around by a certain taxidermist..... I was able to find and buy another cape and finally mount this big guy!! 29" wide without kickers, 36" with kickers ... he has so much charater , broken tines all over... as is gross, green was 190ish , add all the broken tines and even under estimate and he goes over 200" ... and 36" wide.. once in a life time buck for sure! forgot how big he was until he was mounted and beside other deer... thank Rick Reid at Nature's image taxidermy for doing it up!!!
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/dentonjohnson/mymulie3_zps7xfaroyq.jpg

http://http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/dentonjohnson/th_mymulie_zpsxpihltid.jpg (http://s123.photobucket.com/user/dentonjohnson/media/mymulie_zpsxpihltid.jpg.html)

juiceterboost
08-26-2016, 04:01 PM
looks great... congrats on a phenomenal mulie

Brew
08-26-2016, 04:02 PM
That's one hell of a nice buck. Do you have a story to go with it?

wideopenthrottle
08-26-2016, 04:31 PM
wow...what a mount...he looks happy on that wall...almost a mona lisa smile on him...heheheh

lightmag
08-26-2016, 04:41 PM
here Is the story behind him. Mid November 2012

Wake up to trees snapping and a crazy wind storm and warm weather .... Didn't look good for hunting .. morning was slow , hiked some ridges,bumped some moose and seem one doe . back to camp for lunch .

Out for afternoon hunt on the quad , headed to an area I hadn't hunted before towards the river . Very windy and warm ... So I check out a cut block looking for a place for last hour or so to walk in and hunt . Found 4 new rubs , tons of sign , looked promising , so I quad out and was going to come back in a bit on foot . Then I see two hunters walking into the block :sad: , so I stop and chat , it was a father and son, they had hiked in a few km's and planned to hunt that block so I said I'd let them as they had put the effort in to hike in . They were nice enough to tell me about access to the back of the same block further down the trail so I wished them luck , told them I was looking for a wall hanger and took off . Well I go 1/2 km and just as I come up to the access to the back of the block ..... All I see is a deer 100 yards up trail staring straight ahead no idea I'm there ! And ill never forget this picture in grained in my mind .... Antlers , points and WIDE spread against the white background of snow ! I get off quad trying not to look at his rack lol ...load my 300wsm, x bolt with a 165gr tsx and shoulder rifle .... He is standing and facing straight away ...... So I reach to turn off quad .. still don't know why I did that ..well he turns his head and stares right at me and then starts trotting off ..straight away .. well quick decision .. as he is getting further away and about to crest hill, left is drop over ridge and right is heavy timber. .. cross hairs on back of head ... Breath ..squeeze ... BOOM , big guy face plants !

I jack a shell ...wait ..nothing , he's down ..I walk up and as I get closer ...he got BIGGER ! And buck fever set in and I started shaking... And just stood there staring , wow ! I knew it was big but it didn't really register then .,I cut tag , field dressed him , tied him behind quad and headed home .

Got to camp , put deer on display for my bros return and he went crazy ! Then the two hunters pulled up that had sent me there , they said it wasn't 5 minutes after we spoke they heard me shoot and knew I'd shot something nice ! They took some pics , shook our hands and left , I thanked them for sending me there lol

Another group of hunters from camp up road stopped in , had a beer and invited us down for drinks .. we ended up getting hammered together ! Great guys

Not a pretty buck , but a warrior with tons of character and tons of meaning to me !

srupp
08-26-2016, 05:14 PM
Hmm great looking rack for sure..ya one in a lifetime..your done..lol..
Thanks for sharing. .
Cheers
Steven

.308SLAYER
08-26-2016, 05:20 PM
Very nice he definetly has some genes out there

Timbow
08-26-2016, 06:00 PM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure this will help put some drive to get out for the opener. Did you send it out in 2012? I know of a buddy who was jacked around by a taxidermist. I believe his took 5 years.

lightmag
08-26-2016, 06:08 PM
Yup was at a certain taxidermy Dec 2012 , both mone aND my Bros .... long story , we aren't the only ones ... we never got out capes back ...

gutpile
08-26-2016, 11:13 PM
Great rack , love to shoot a buck that big , thats my dream but i don't know about that
cape, it looks kind of old or something does't look right !

REMINGTON JIM
08-26-2016, 11:28 PM
Beauty BUCK ! Thks for Sharing ! RJ

BigfishCanada
08-27-2016, 08:25 AM
Yep its a cranker, seen one like that a few years back and still go over in my mind if i were a few minutes earlier, and what if..... good for you !!!

swampthing
08-27-2016, 08:32 AM
You don't findem like that everyday. Beauty buck brother!

Blainer
08-27-2016, 08:36 AM
Fantastic buck!

Weatherby Fan
08-27-2016, 08:41 AM
Congrats on a Whopper, glad to hear you got it back after all that time......I don't think I could have waited that long !
thanks for posting the pictures and story
WF

08-27-2016, 09:18 AM
Beauty buck dude ....... But um not to be an A H ! If you find a better Cape, a good taxi could do that guy justice. Beauty, congrats to you.

CT

1/2 slam
08-27-2016, 09:44 AM
Great rack , love to shoot a buck that big , thats my dream but i don't know about that
cape, it looks kind of old or something does't look right !

You are right. Great rack. the mount, not so much.

Cali
08-27-2016, 10:53 AM
Hell of a buck! Awesome character...have to agree with the boys, mounts not 100%. Congrats

markomoose
08-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Curious?Is that a local buck?(Prince George)Don't find many like that around here.

Seeadler
08-28-2016, 06:02 PM
Nice one!!

lightmag
08-31-2016, 07:37 AM
yes its a local PG buck..... :) , also yes a bigger , better cape would have been nice but I didn't have a lot of options.... been waiting so long and obviously wasn't getting my original back :( ... that being said if I shoot anther with appropriate cape I may at that do somethimg, for now its on the wall anyways