PDA

View Full Version : Never thought it would happen

Brambles
06-21-2007, 08:50 PM
I received a notice in the mail from the RCMP saying that my PAL restricted and non restricted is up for renewal and all the forms were there and mostly filled out already, just fill out the rest and send a new photo. They also said that there is no fee, thats a first for a government licence8)

Also I did a firearms transfer the other day, first one with the RCMP taking control of it and the lady was very nice and everything went smoothly.

The world must be coming to an end:-D

mcrae
06-21-2007, 08:54 PM
I just got mine in the mail yesterday as well. I was suprised as hell as well!

Kirby
06-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Count your blessings, I am on my 3rd application in the last year to get mine renewed. They denied one for no reason... I just got the application back openned and written on the send one back to me asking for proof of my course(which I didn't need cause it was a renewal), And then the last one they said wasn't the right form(it was). The CFC have got to be some of the stupidest people in the country.

Kirby

Chuck
06-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Doesn't it feel so good when things go right? Why can't it happen more often
given the effort everyone puts into their lives.

hunter1947
06-22-2007, 05:32 AM
I got mine withen a month ,real fast return ,i also got my registration for my new bear stopper from the RCMP within two weeks ,fast or what ,i think sence the RCMP have got involved the passed ,it has picked up ,could be wrong ,but that's the way i see it.:roll:.

Fisher-Dude
06-22-2007, 06:03 AM
I dealt with them for an address change and a change to one of my registration forms. The guy was nice, very knowledgeable (he updated the model, etc on my Sako and talked about what nice accurate guns they are), and I had my stuff in the mail in a couple of weeks.

All in all, it was painless and done right. Better than when my renewal was delayed because they had a concern that I had changed jobs. Hey, I wasn't a postal worker! 8)

Stone Sheep Steve
06-22-2007, 06:33 AM
F/D-You must have dealt with the ONLY person from the CFC that actually knows something about firearms:roll:. I thought it was a prerequisite that they know absolutely nothing about firearms.

SSS

BlacktailStalker
06-22-2007, 07:35 AM
Not my luck. I called a week ago asking where my restricted is and they said they've recieved the paper work and it is being processed and if I dont have it in 2 more months (already been 3! Phuck!) to call back. Lady was being a real hag. I asked where the 6-8 week time line went and she said, "Like I said, call back in 2 months if you dont recieve it."

smokey
06-22-2007, 01:46 PM
my old lady had to renew her's before her birthday in march,she sent it a month before and is still waiting for it back,my was up in april sent it in a month before got it in may,she's pissed and all they can say is it on some one desk in bc,the only thing i can think of is she has no gun in her name right now and i have quite few that why my was return so fast
ps: she want to hit me every time i say that to her,maybe i will let her put one of the .22 in her name:-?

ohno
06-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Not my luck. I called a week ago asking where my restricted is and they said they've recieved the paper work and it is being processed and if I dont have it in 2 more months (already been 3! Phuck!) to call back. Lady was being a real hag. I asked where the 6-8 week time line went and she said, "Like I said, call back in 2 months if you dont recieve it."

I got a similar run around. Once your app is approved by CFC get the number of the BC CFO and call them once a week asking where your app is. I only had to call once to get things moving. They really drag their feet with restricted probably trying to thin the numbers of restricted owners throught the PITA factor.

O.