PDA

View Full Version : EZ Up Brand Shelter

Arctic Lake
08-24-2016, 08:47 AM
Hi Fellas

Maybe should have posted this in the gear section but thought more eyes would see it here. Thinking about buying an EZ Up brand shelter . Are they any good ? Best place to buy in Greater Vancouver ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

Squamch
08-24-2016, 09:39 AM
I bought the one Walmart sells for just shy of $100. Works well, I've used it as a "front porch" when sleeping in my truck, a cook shack, and a cover while I had the top end of my motor open during rainy weather.
no complaints.

Steeleco
08-24-2016, 03:51 PM
Any time now they should start going on sale at the large box stores, they don't want to store them till next year.

ajr5406
08-24-2016, 04:22 PM
I bought an 11x11 from Walmart and they just went on sale last week. Good quality for the price...

Arctic Lake
08-24-2016, 05:55 PM
Thanks Fellas !! I will check out the Big Box stores !

Arctic Lake

SPILTZ
08-24-2016, 09:20 PM
Like squamch said, its a great little utility tent for everything. We always bring one.

Arctic Lake
08-24-2016, 10:24 PM
I bought the one Walmart sells for just shy of $100. Works well, I've used it as a "front porch" when sleeping in my truck, a cook shack, and a cover while I had the top end of my motor open during rainy weather.
no complaints.

Squamch and others are your pop up shelters the EZ up brand name ? Just double checking

Thanks
Arctic Lake

Wild Images
08-25-2016, 07:33 AM
Bought one at CT years ago. Picked up the tent insert and used it with a tarp over it as a base camp on the lake hunting stones.

Worked great

Arctic Lake
08-25-2016, 07:52 AM
Wild Images

Sorry but not sure what you mean by tent insert ? Do you mean that when you bought the pop up shelter it did not have a tarp attached to the top of the frame work when you bought it originally ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

Arctic Lake
08-25-2016, 07:53 AM
Would anyone have pictures of their pop up shelters and the Brand name ?
Thanks Again
Arctic Lake

Squamch
08-25-2016, 08:41 AM
Mine is not an ez up brand unit. I don't recall off hand what brand it is.

Wild Images
08-25-2016, 08:54 AM
Wild Images

Sorry but not sure what you mean by tent insert ? Do you mean that when you bought the pop up shelter it did not have a tarp attached to the top of the frame work when you bought it originally ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

Has the top cover. but CT had a tent that hooked to the inside of the frame
10 x 10 worked great and less bulky than my wall tent to fly in

Arctic Lake
08-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Bought one from Walmart just over $100.00 with tax, will see how it holds up !
Thanks
Arctic Lake

BRvalley
08-25-2016, 09:25 PM
I use an 8 man model from Canadian tire, works great for its intended purpose given the cheap price, in the rain I use a tarp and some bungees and sleep dry, wouldn't trust the water resistance coatings at that price point..a strong wind will shred it apart pretty quickly, but they gave me a new one lol

for cold season truck camping I like to use the largest size pop up ice fishing huts, work great and if staked out will stand up to the wind no problem, strictly cold weather though, they are unbearable in the heat

Brambo
08-26-2016, 07:52 AM
Look up Alpha tent and awning. They have some really food quailty easy ups.

Squamch
08-26-2016, 01:09 PM
BRvalley-I've used my Walmart one in heavy rain and wind and it hasn't gone for shit yet, I was very pleasantly surprised!

Arctic Lake
09-07-2016, 09:06 PM
Well, put the Walmart Venture brand pop up shelter to a test this past camping trip. It worked great , kept the rain off and was easy to set up ! It comes with one side wall but did not use it . The shelter has Velcro around the edge of the fabric top to attach the wall on any of the four sides. I could see buying another wall or two to keep the rain from coming in on the sides, or maybe just use some tarps for walls. The fabric for the shelter top is not that thick so not sure how long it will stand up but you could always throw a trap over it when it gets a leak.

Thanks for your replies !

Arctic Lake

OOBuck
09-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Ive had an EZ up for years and they are great. I bought one in Washington State when I got it home I realized it was damaged I advised the company scanned the receipt and the following
day four new legs showed up via Fed Ex. still holding up strong after 10 years.

itsy bitsy xj
09-07-2016, 10:27 PM
I have a King Canopy from Costco and it works really well. I have one on the deck at home, one in the camper and one as a spare in case I need to take it somewhere

PKernohan
09-08-2016, 01:35 AM
I have one from costco as well, was around $200. Came with 3 solid walls and one zippered wall for a door. Had it for 2 seasons and then a windstorm demolished it when I was fishing last spring. I returned it no questions asked and got a new one.

Gun Dog
09-08-2016, 09:26 AM
I have a 10' x 10' Caravan canopy from Costco. It's around 8 years old but I only use it a few times a year. I used a couple of litres of water repellent on it since the material isn't really waterproof. It also stretched out over the years so I added 4" to the centre post to keep it tight.

It came with 4 zippered sides which are 9' 8" wide so they're useful for covering the wood pile. Most of the time I use it as a garage for the quads.