PDA

View Full Version : Carpenter lake - north or south side alpine?

Carrollizer
08-23-2016, 07:40 PM
Forgive me if this area has been beat to death on this site. Don't need honey holes! General info please.
I've been researching all the threads on the carpenter lake area. Signs are pointing to the north of the lake but seems like road warriors are all over the north bank. Trying to get away from the crowds as I do plan on backpack hunting and getting as far away from the roads as possible, and into the alpine. Figure I'll drive my taco as high as possible and hike the rest of the way and coyoting out for a few days.
Just wondering if it's better odds to get to the alpine on the north or south of the lake?

Thanks in advance for all your advise.

Carrollizer
08-23-2016, 10:43 PM
I must be on the right track then haha

Best of luck to you all
Season starts in t-minus 9 days. Can't wait.

twoSevenO
08-23-2016, 10:53 PM
Tons of roads on the north side of that lake. Maybe north of Seton lake to the east of Carpenter is a better bet for a backpack hunter?

Carrollizer
08-23-2016, 11:34 PM
Hmm could give it a shot.
I was thinking more North North West of carpenter lake like drawing a line from Mowson pond to the Tyax lodge and continuing thataway. I guess only time will tell
Hoping some area vets can let me know if I'm barking up the right tree

Bentoven1
08-24-2016, 05:59 AM
I've had a lot of success south of the lake and deffinately less hunting pressure there.

Rob
08-24-2016, 09:29 AM
Are you hunting deer? I've been on the S side a couple times for goat up the Truax. Never saw any bucks while grubbing around there. The N side always looked like nice country but have never ben up there yet.

Carrollizer
08-24-2016, 09:49 AM
Yeah my main objective is an Alpine Mulie, although I do have tags for Whitetail, BBear and cougar. So we'll see.
Seems like signs are pointing to the alpine north of the lake from what I've heard

whitlers
08-24-2016, 11:09 AM
Lots of good roads North of the lake. Beautiful country back there. I think you're on the right track. Drive in as far as you can go and start hiking.

Carrollizer
08-26-2016, 02:30 PM
Cant wait to get into this country, and it makes it even better that the girlfriend has finally caved and shown interest in being my hunting partner for this trip.
First of many...? Who knows but at least I don't have to waste the opening weekend in Penticton not hunting.

Thanks for all the advice guys!