PDA

View Full Version : Camp/ fishing area around dease lake

g_worsnop
08-23-2016, 05:18 PM
Heading up to fly in a week. I want to be there a day early. Any recommendations of any camping spots tucked away around dease. Possibility of some fishing.

jtred
08-23-2016, 05:38 PM
It's been twenty years since my girlfriend(now my wife of 19 years) and myself were through there but not too far north of town you cross a bridge and on the left side there's access to a parking(camping) area. Lots of grayling back then and I caught a really nice bull trout, which I had to reluctantly release. Have fun and I hope the fishing is still good. It's not a campground but it would definitely fit the bill.

alcesgigantes
08-23-2016, 05:44 PM
On the road to Telegraph west of town past the airport, there's a turnoff to a bridge over the Tanzilla River. Could be a good place for grayling and likely a spot to pitch a tent.

Brno22F
08-23-2016, 08:41 PM
Heading up to fly in a week. I want to be there a day early. Any recommendations of any camping spots tucked away around dease. Possibility of some fishing.

Just south of the Stikine river crossing- Morchea Lake rec site.
About 30 km north of Dease Lk- Sawmill point rec site.

You will likely find provincial campsites like Kiniskan Lk are full at this time of year. Was up through there Aug 5 - 13 on my way to Atlin. Not a campsite to be had at Kiniskan or Boya Lk and it was mid week. The Forestry rec sites are great and camping spots were available.

And by the way- there is seal coating in progress from Burrage Creek to just north of Dease Lk. you will likely encounter pilot cars and construction delays along Hwy 37North.

Skull Hunter
08-24-2016, 09:13 AM
It's been twenty years since my girlfriend(now my wife of 19 years) and myself were through there but not too far north of town you cross a bridge and on the left side there's access to a parking(camping) area. Lots of grayling back then and I caught a really nice bull trout, which I had to reluctantly release. Have fun and I hope the fishing is still good. It's not a campground but it would definitely fit the bill.

North of town the first bridge you cross is that of the Dease River. It is a good 60km North. Last time I was up there (a couple years ago) the camping area and cabins was shut down. Not sure if that is still the case. Last time we were through we stayed at the Tanzilla campground about 5-10km South of town. It was a nice site with good facilities. The Tanzilla river runs right beside the camping area so you might be able to pull some fish out of there.