PDA

View Full Version : 803-B LEH Sheep

HEJONATHAN
08-23-2016, 12:06 PM
I'm heading out for the Sept 1 LEH Sheep draw in Ashnola.
It's my first sheep hunt, just wondering if anyone else is heading out there the same time.

Wild Images
08-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Keep your eyes on the timber

08-23-2016, 12:16 PM
get arial photos. or google earth ... find the openings in the trees..... if the sheep are not in the open the guide has already driven them off .... they go into those smaller openings.
if you do not see them in the open ..... stop looking for them there....

we have had the Crater side draw a few times in the past ( forget which sub area it is we gave up ) The guide has legal right to run Quads on the mountain ... he runs the sheep off and goes looking in the places they hide.
saw it and reported it and that is how we know he is aloud to do it.

604redneck
08-23-2016, 12:45 PM
get arial photos. or google earth ... find the openings in the trees..... if the sheep are not in the open the guide has already driven them off .... they go into those smaller openings.
if you do not see them in the open ..... stop looking for them there....

we have had the Crater side draw a few times in the past ( forget which sub area it is we gave up ) The guide has legal right to run Quads on the mountain ... he runs the sheep off and goes looking in the places they hide.
saw it and reported it and that is how we know he is aloud to do it.
How is that allowed?

08-23-2016, 02:36 PM
cant remember the exacts. but it has to do with animal recovery and transport, something like that.... this was when I was a member here, so it was since 2009. may have changed now but ... We reported him, the CO couldn't do anything but knew he was abusing his "right" to quad use up there. maybe changed now, and I know my explanation seems classic for shit posted online but it is the truth,,, well 2009 truth.

08-23-2016, 03:01 PM
308Red.

here
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?38656-Sheep-Hunting-Problem&highlight=crater+mountain

I posted it in here.
I also just called the wild life branch and talked to a new guy he has been working there since 2012, he was un aware of it, he did say the rancher is aloud up with quads..

northernbc
08-23-2016, 03:17 PM
what a shat show,should not be happening.

08-23-2016, 04:11 PM
didn't want to rain on dudes parade, he might be on the Cathedral side and this is not a problem, like i said I cant remember the sub mu
what I did want the guy to know is that he needs to go prepared with areal views of the area if it is the Crater side. The sheep get run off and go to the pockets, if you can place yourself on a picture and be able to sneak into one of these pockets then you win.

charlie_horse
08-23-2016, 04:24 PM
I had the similkameen draw, and i got quite a few PM's warning of that guide, so I'm sure where there is smoke there is fire. I met him and he seemed nice enough though.

HEJONATHAN
08-24-2016, 09:01 AM
WOW. Thanks for the responses, guys.