PDA

View Full Version : provincials

jessbennett
06-20-2007, 11:22 PM
sooo....... whos all going to the provincial 3-d championships in a few weeks????

pupper
06-20-2007, 11:24 PM
i will be there

jessbennett
06-20-2007, 11:29 PM
what class pupp??

oldtimer
06-21-2007, 05:30 AM
Jess the missus and I will be there. I will be in the old pharts category so don't worry..lol Mike

Kirby
06-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Not gonna make it... almost got the weekend off but had to take this weekend off for a family thing... your safe for now jess but next year...:wink::twisted:

Kirby

Bow Walker
06-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Watch out for me and BS'er -whoops, I meant BOWSITTER. Not this year but next year.

BowSitter
06-21-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm do'in my darndest to be there for the first time!
Hope it comes together.

Eagle1
06-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Well I got the time off so I will be there again this year. Hope to do better than last year,MBO third place.
See you all there.

greybark
06-21-2007, 10:09 PM
:mrgreen:Well I will not make it this year . Instead I will be at a familly reunion in Sioux Lookout Ontario the long weekend then off to my brothers fly inn fishing lodge as a guest for 8 days . The lodge has a five star rating and it,s $1000 a day . Oh well sometimes we just have to put a little balance in our lives . I will cope .... :wink:

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --

jessbennett
06-21-2007, 10:12 PM
yes bill i shot with you on sunday. you will and i were neck and neck......

willyqbc
06-21-2007, 10:13 PM
my family will all be there!

Chris

jessbennett
06-21-2007, 10:17 PM
good to hear chris..... you get that pos.....(oh i mean pse):mrgreen:kidden.....
workin???

jessbennett
06-21-2007, 10:32 PM
just razzin ya chris....

sealevel
06-22-2007, 01:37 PM
I will be there hopefully . been slow all spring and now all hell has broke loose. I will shoot in the old geezers class.

Bigbear
06-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeppers Jess Is taking me too. Guess I'll Just have to limp along behind him as usuall. One day , just one day I might beat him:twisted:( Or not LOL):wink:. See yaall there .

Bowzone_Mikey
06-22-2007, 04:59 PM
cant see me makin' it I have worked every shoot weekend this year so far (I was at least supposed to have PG weekend off ..that didnt happen ) ... why wreck a perfectly good record now .... I is not a happy camper this year ... ...we shall see tho...stranger stuff has happend

pupper
06-22-2007, 05:47 PM
what class pupp??

fixed pins, release, 4" fletching

hunter class i guess

oldtimer
06-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Jess, where are you and Dad staying ? Barb and I will probably stay at the Super 8. Reasonable price and their breakfast room was good last year. Mike

willyqbc
06-25-2007, 01:35 PM
..... you get that pos.....(oh i mean pse)kidden.....
workin???

wow...thats a real hurtful thing to say:cry: you're gonna hurt my feelings...I'm sensitive you know!!!:roll:

.......but since you asked.....yes I have it figured out quite nicely now and my groups are back to where they should be. Of course I had to slow it down some to get it to shoot the way i wanted so now it is lobbing them out at a measly 332fps.....looks like a mortar round arcing into the targets and my sight marks take up the whole bar on my sure-loc!! pretty pitiful to watch but I will just have to do my best in spite of the limitations of my equipment!!:mrgreen:

the way Leon and you have been shooting this year (not to mention some folks from the coast I haven't seen out and about this year) if I can "bring it" the MBO may be a real barn burner this year!!

See you in Abby!
Chris

See you in Abby

jessbennett
06-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Was just razzin ya chris,,:twisted:8), no i think it will be good. looking forward to shooting with you on sunday...im glad you got it working for ya though i know how stressful change is, believe me i know!!:wink: this year is different just left well enough alone. the bow is working good its just if the operator can keep it together it will be good. as long as the north brings it like we can, it will be a fun weekend.

jessbennett
06-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Mike,
Dad, Wayland and I might just camp there again. not to sure though. a nice hotel room would be kinda nice though..:wink:

hunter class here i come........heheheh8)

sealevel
06-26-2007, 12:43 PM
I hear there`s some pretty darn good shooters from this part of the country are going to shoot hunter class. Anyone thinking they will make the team shooting that class ---- not going to be that easy / ha--ha

jessbennett
06-26-2007, 05:53 PM
i was just kidden merv....:mrgreen:

superkill
06-26-2007, 10:29 PM
hey jess,
sounds like your shooting up a storm this year.
I havent shot too much this year, didnt do any out of town shooting this year at all.
Wanted to come up your way to kick some cariboo azz (just kidding)
Just got onto this site recently and recognize alot of people.
See you and your family at our shoot.
superkill-will d

jessbennett
06-26-2007, 10:54 PM
hey hey will!!!!!heheheh... yeah things are really tight this year..... got everything workin....... kick cariboo azz hey????hehehehehehe .......looking forward to shootin with ya......... i might have to shine my boots up for a coastal kicken myself......hehehe kidden... see ya next weekend..

jessbennett
06-26-2007, 10:56 PM
so you guys changing a bunch of stuff???? i heard you arent having the open flats????:cry:

superkill
06-27-2007, 10:48 PM
hey jess
we are changing it up but we will be having half of the shoot out on the flats.
we are starting set up on the long weekend

jessbennett
06-27-2007, 11:29 PM
right on ........ looking forward too it......8)are you trying for the team again this year?????

oldtimer
06-28-2007, 06:38 AM
SuperKill.. Will it still be just as steep ?? hard on us old farts. Mike

Bow Walker
06-28-2007, 07:21 AM
Mike - look for younger brother Ron when you're there. It'll be his first time...........take it easy on the rookie.:cool:

oldtimer
06-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Will do Dan, is he bringing his son ?? do you know where they will be staying ? I wouldn't mind shooting the first round with him or the second if we get flighted together in the same category. I am Masters 60 +. Category doesn't matter on day one but I think they like to flight all one category on Sunday. Mike

Wildman
06-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Is there a web site that shows the rankings?

willyqbc
06-28-2007, 02:36 PM
you will be able to find the results here

http://www.archeryassociation.bc.ca/

but don't expect them to up right after the shoot....its usually quite w hile before they make it to the website

Chris

Bow Walker
06-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Mike....
I don't know where he's staying and his son has to work this weekend. Sorry about that.

Hope you guys can meet up.

superkill
06-28-2007, 10:36 PM
hey old timer
the hill is steep but we are trying too take care of you guys cause we
are right behind you. ha ha

superkill
06-28-2007, 10:40 PM
hey sealevel
are you guys sending down Jack and Vern

jessbennett
06-30-2007, 09:31 AM
hey will,

dinner and everything the same as last year????? hopefully the weather is going to be good..... i think i might have to "beg"kristi gordon to predict some weather....:twisted:

superkill
06-30-2007, 10:53 PM
ya Jess
everythings a go

jessbennett
07-01-2007, 09:54 AM
will are you shooting hunter class this year?????heheh:mrgreen:

sealevel
07-01-2007, 11:30 AM
superkill i would like to bring Jack and Vern but i think there shooting days are over. nether one shoots very much anymore.

jessbennett
07-01-2007, 12:13 PM
im bringing my buddy j. wisers with me too........:lol:

superkill
07-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey Jess,
got talked into hunter class this year but now I think I should of stayed in open class.
I would love to shoot with you guys.
Is chris shooting open this year?
I hear you and Leon are the ones to beat.

jessbennett
07-01-2007, 11:18 PM
will......will......will......:-Pwhatcha doin that for?yep chris is open, kevin reimer is open now(or was in salmon arm),. yeah leon and i were neck and neck in salmon arm.... oh well however it turns out should be a helluva time anyways....;). hunter class?????will ........will......will...........:-Pjust buggin have fun...... see ya in a few days....

superkill
07-01-2007, 11:52 PM
sorry jess
got talked into it.
sounds like im gonna miss some fun

willyqbc
07-02-2007, 09:28 AM
kevin went back to pins...he didn't like the open set-up.
Will, sorry to hear you aren't shooting open...Michael was looking forward to shooting with you on Sunday and boosting his bank account again!! Hopefully you will come back to open again next year...to be able to take down that open crew from Alberta I think we need a really strong open class here to push each other to get better....maybe next year?

Looking forward to seeing you folks again!
Chris

Bow Walker
07-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Chris......
If you're looking for "team members" to take on the Albrerta contingent look up my brother - BOWSITTER (Ron) - he'll be over there this year and I know he'll be able to contribute to the "team"

jessbennett
07-02-2007, 11:10 AM
chris,

hows things going???? got things all ready to rock and roll???? really looking forward to it. dad and i may stay in a hotel now, not too sure...... im sure we will be shooting together on sunday anyways........ as far as having some guys to compete to really push ourselves, i got your back bro....... i can help you with that...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_13_22.gifjust kidden, thought these tweo were funny thats all...:mrgreen:

willyqbc
07-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Dan...what I meant is that we need to have very strong competition in that category throughout the year to help hone our skills under pressure. For shooters the likes of Cody Draper, Shane Olsen and Derek Hird we will have to be at the very top of our game under the intense pressure of nationals to have a chance to take them down. The more top end shooters we keep in open all the time the better chance we will have for someone from B.C. to take home National Gold!!

Chris

Bow Walker
07-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Brother Ron has been shooting in Open Class now for the better part of this season. He's up there with Ron Bogey, and comes highly recommended by Bernie.

Although - it's his first appearance at the Provincials, so we'll see how he does. As with anyone - when he's on, he's ON.

Good luck to you guys and to everyone - hope the shoot is as much fun as it is said to be.

Who knows, this time next year I hope to be making plans to attend myself - that'll give me whole year and a bit to get used to Open class and my new Vectrix XL.

oldtimer
07-02-2007, 03:11 PM
DAN !!! Stay with the pins !!!!!!! unlimited, not dial a pin with a scope. So Ron is open now, oh well maybe we can shoot together on Saturday before the flighting. Sunday I should be with Wayne lougheed in the Masters 60 class from the weenie stakes. YAHOO !!!! Mike

Bow Walker
07-02-2007, 04:35 PM
I'll try to get acquainted with the open class this summer and fall. If there's no signs of improvement I may have to go back to unlimited and compete against Bernie.

jessbennett
07-02-2007, 04:42 PM
bowwalker signs of improvement how?????:???:and if your gonna shoot pins, dont forget about kevin reimer....:wink:

Bow Walker
07-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Welllll Jess - I've competed in the Unlimited class for the last few years and I know my average score(s) on any given day. If I can't improve on that then either one of two things is gonna happen.

Either...I'm gonna go back to mediocrity in the Unlimited class

Or...I'm gonna stay in Open and give her h€ll !!?!

Two different bows you see - I suspect that it will take a season or two to be able to shoot as well as (or better) than I have been doing to date.

Probably clear as mud, eh?

superkill
07-02-2007, 09:35 PM
hey Chris,
I had fun shootin with you guys last year, especially with Michael steeling my money. He is a sleeper in desquise (spelling ?)
Made the wrong choice and will be going back to open class.
I caved to piere pressure. 45 years old and still caving. ha ha
Looking forwards to seeing you guys soon

Will

jessbennett
07-02-2007, 09:46 PM
so will..... you shootin open or hunter class THIS year????http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_34_2.gif

jessbennett
07-02-2007, 09:49 PM
cavin at 45??????? isnt it all down hill already?????so can we "cave you into shooting open again????hehehehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_22.gif

superkill
07-02-2007, 09:52 PM
ive got strigs pulling from both sides

jessbennett
07-02-2007, 09:56 PM
no pressure or anything......... if you wanna shoot hunter class then thats cool.........http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_2.gif.................. just buggin ya..... hehehe

superkill
07-02-2007, 10:04 PM
I just want to give you guys a chance. ha ha

jessbennett
07-02-2007, 10:14 PM
ouch man....... that hurt........http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_13_22.gif

superkill
07-02-2007, 10:21 PM
what are friends for.

jessbennett
07-02-2007, 10:23 PM
you betcha......... i got big shoulders and im used to birds crapping on them all the time ...:mrgreen:......

jessbennett
07-02-2007, 10:26 PM
i wish i could should from the kids stakes also...........................http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_12_6.gif

willyqbc
07-02-2007, 10:47 PM
so who's shooting for the team?? Sam and I and Al C are going to Barrie regardless of the outcome of the Provincials...anyone else looking to wear B.C. blue in Ontario this summer?

Chris

superkill
07-02-2007, 11:02 PM
yup im shooting for the team
im heading out there to visit a buddy so i will probably be there either way.
hey chris i hear you are shooting x-force did you hook up with jim hatch
and are shooting for him?
Ive been shooting the x-force and finding out you need to keep your form.
but a great bow.

jessbennett
07-02-2007, 11:14 PM
i gave my notice for the team8)............ going to ontario depends on that...

and no more razzin from me about hunter class....... im done.......... im just kidden :mrgreen:

superkill
07-02-2007, 11:21 PM
ima big boy and can cry if i want too.

all in fun, dont make money doing this or a living

shootin with good people period.

gonna have to introduce you to my friend glenfiddich, yum

willyqbc
07-02-2007, 11:27 PM
yeah I got hooked up with mine through Jim and Sandy Watson, I found that finding the right arrow was the most critical thing for me....stiff seems to be the key, probably less so for you with your shorter draw but at 30" the torque from that bow can turn an arrow into a wet noodle pretty easy!!! I ended up settling on a gold tip X-cutter with a 90 grain tip.....375 grain arrow @ 63#'s and is still pushing 310:shock: Amazing bow, I think it will become my hunting bow after Barrie!! My 440 grain hunting arrow is coming off at 293fps!!:-D

Chris

willyqbc
07-02-2007, 11:29 PM
gonna have to introduce you to my friend glenfiddich, yum

....i'll bring the Bowmore!!!:mrgreen:

another scotch drinker....I knew I liked you for a reason!!8)

Chris

superkill
07-02-2007, 11:36 PM
fat and stiff is the key to the x-force.
and i will take you up on the scotch

cheers will

jessbennett
07-03-2007, 12:06 AM
this is going to be one good weekend i think.....8) and yes will you are right all in fun......8)

superkill
07-05-2007, 11:28 PM
cheers guys and good luck and good shooting
go for the superkill

Bow Walker
07-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Have a blast and don't forget to post pictures.

pupper
07-09-2007, 06:53 AM
well the bowhunter championships were a success!

congrats to all who made team BC and shot well!

It was good to see jess bennet and his dad kelly?(nice shooting with you)

and congrats to the wright family!! Good shooting

Bow Walker
07-09-2007, 07:34 AM
well the bowhunter championships were a success!

congrats to all who made team BC and shot well!

It was good to see jess bennet and his dad kelly?(nice shooting with you)

and congrats to the wright family!! Good shooting

:confused:That's it? No results? C'mon pups - details!!

greybark
07-09-2007, 01:57 PM
:DI had a great time at Abbotsford`s Prov Campionships . On returning to the club house we passed a squad that was shooting a far off target , only one archer had launched and the lone arrow was in the superkill . Looking at the squad as we passed It was obvious by the grin that PUPPER had that it was his arrow . Good shot Pupper .

oldtimer
07-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Dan , not sure of all the results but I know Bernie came in first in his class, Brother Ron did well and I believe he placed. My Daughter in law made the team, my son took 3rd, my wife took second and my grandson posted the highest score of the entire weekend with a 794 out of 800 and shot a perfect 400 on Sunday. I had fun and drank the most beer. Judging by the shooters on the team B.C. will be well represented.. A great time was had by all and if any body didn't have fun it was their own fault.
Congrats to Jess as well who placed second in a very tough division. Good seeing so many old friends again and look forward to seeing more at the senior games.
GreyBark as always it was a pleasure. Mike

Eagle1
07-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Ron T got third in the 50 plus open class { i gave him a chance} I drug him down to my level on Sat but he pulled it together on Sun, great job. I just plain shot the s _ _ ts both days,good shooting with you guys on Sunday,and Leon keep yer boy shooting he's a great lil shooter, wouldn't want to shoot against him. I had fun and got $ 20.00 on the spots { Ron got $ 80.00} good shoot , some tough to judge shots. A little disappointed in the tune out for a provincial shoot 72 - 73 competitive shooters and about 32 non, pretty sad, everyone that didn't come missed a good shoot and good steak dinner Sat night.
Thanks to every one who put on a great shoot [ and Merv for setting off the alarms }

superkill
07-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks guys and gals,
A sucsesful tournament at the BC 3D championships this last weekend.
Hope we didnt make the course to hard for you people.
Congrats to the people that made the team , go kick some lilly white
butt in Barrie,Ont.
Nice to put faces to the on line names,Old timer ,Bigbear ,Sealevel,
who is this Jess guy, Ha Ha.
Micheal you keep up the good shooting, you will be the next world champion. But remember keep it fun

cheers

superkill
07-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Oh ya,

P.S I love GOLD

pupper
07-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Oh ya,

P.S I love GOLD

I had you pegged for a humble shooter:mrgreen:

just kiddin, you deserve it will.

nice shooting with you, and thanks for showing us how to kill a dinosaur standing in front of the river:mrgreen:

superkill
07-09-2007, 10:58 PM
pupper sometimes you have to show your human, ha,ha

jessbennett
07-10-2007, 01:18 AM
yeah but gold in the girly class is like well........................gold in the girly class!!!!!!! hehehehehehe:-D well done this weekend will...... and good job to everyone who helped put on a heck of a good shoot.......

Bow Walker
07-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Dang - I missed another good one! Congrats to baby bro'......he's an up and comer.

The shoot next year is in Fort St. John?? What's with that? They couldn't find a more lonely venue? What about PG? I was hoping to put in an appearance.

sealevel
07-10-2007, 01:47 PM
i had a real good time i shot almost as bad as Bill! -- shooting with Ron T i learned a whole bunch about Bow walker--- and walksalot must have caught old graybark with a sheep---know amount of beer would prey the secret of jewel lake from his lips.

greybark
07-10-2007, 01:59 PM
:-DHey Sealevel , Great to talk to you . Sorry I could not get Walksalot to sign a "consent to release" form in order to share the Secret of Jewel Lake. I was told he was unavailable as he was out taking wildlife photos.:-D

oldtimer
07-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Dan, I have no idea why Fort St. John. Quesnel put in a written submission with a budget and everything. Fort St. John was by word of mouth through the BCAA executive and nothing in writing, How that works is beyond me. Some people said it was because Quesnel had the provincial target shoot but that should have nothing to do with 3D. Aside from the travel to get to the Fort, motel rooms will be unavailable due to the oil patch. Not looking forward to tenting it when the mosquitoes are as big as twin otters. Oh well dan maybe we can shoot together for the senior games. Mike

BowSitter
07-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Mike, It was great to see you again and meet Chris and Sam as well as Micheal. I also got to meet JessBennet and Sealevel, So it was a great weekend.
I got to shoot with Merv (sealevel) on Sunday and had a great time.
Boy that field course on Sat. morning sure came up and bit me in the butt. But I managed to pull it together on Sun.(thanking the archery god for that). Getting the three spots was really lucky!:mrgreen:
All in all it was a trip well worth it.:-D:-D

superkill
07-11-2007, 09:48 PM
glad to hear you guys liked the shoot.
Tried to please as many people as possible