PDA

View Full Version : Black bear in early September

champs
08-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Looking to do some blackie hunting this fall after only ever doing so in the spring. Looking for tips any are willing to share? I would think higher up, for cooler temps, berry patches -- but most the berries be gone now? Anyways appreciate any help. Cheers!

Travalanche
08-20-2016, 07:49 PM
I hear downtown Revelstoke is good this time of year...but really i always end up seeing them in the lower elevations in the fall and have had several come in investigating a predator call. I don't hunt bear but that's just where I see them the most in the fall as well as along the river flats foraging

Travalanche
08-20-2016, 07:52 PM
No expert here just what I have observed in my neck of the woods.

Fella
08-20-2016, 08:36 PM
Looking to do some blackie hunting this fall after only ever doing so in the spring. Looking for tips any are willing to share? I would think higher up, for cooler temps, berry patches -- but most the berries be gone now? Anyways appreciate any help. Cheers!
Where are you hunting? Up high there may still be berries. The island they'll be mowing down on salal. Was out end of sept last year and there was berry filled crap every 20 yards. 5 bears in a km stretch of road.

kyleklassen
08-20-2016, 08:40 PM
epic huckle berry year on the island

Fella
08-20-2016, 08:45 PM
epic huckle berry year on the island
Yeah the bushes are loaded

champs
08-20-2016, 10:09 PM
I'm a region 3 and 8 hunter myself. So berries is still a wise target in early september -- good to know... thanks. I always thought they'd be gone and done by now.

Drillbit
08-20-2016, 10:31 PM
Should see lots in year or 2 old slashes chasing berries.

Have seen lots the first week of sept in the past in slashes.