PDA

View Full Version : Spenses bridge rams....

srupp
08-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Going through Senses Bridge today..one group...ewes. .lambs in Spencer bridge..30?..
Then shortly after on the road..5 rams. .2 which were legal shooters !..they were 6 feet from passengers door..so no doubt..darn....

Steven

Andrewh
08-20-2016, 04:10 PM
pics?

Sort of wish I didn't cut my sheep tag already...:cry:

Rob
08-20-2016, 04:21 PM
pics?

I hope your not looking for sympathy. Lol

Big Lew
08-20-2016, 04:26 PM
Well, if a certain group doesn't get them first, it gives some hope and excitement to
those that have to wait for the season to open.

Weatherby Fan
08-20-2016, 04:31 PM
Going through Senses Bridge today..one group...ewes. .lambs in Spencer bridge..30?..
Then shortly after on the road..5 rams. .2 which were legal shooters !..they were 6 feet from passengers door..so no doubt..darn....

Steven

pictures or it didn't happen ;-)

Sportster
08-20-2016, 04:42 PM
Arn't thoughs sheep protected? I'v done some chucker hunting there over the years also some blue grouse hunting too further back and there"s always been a herd there ,and we'er talking about more that three decades? Better check the regs.

Weatherby Fan
08-20-2016, 04:48 PM
Arn't thoughs sheep protected? I'v done some chucker hunting there over the years also some blue grouse hunting too further back and there"s always been a herd there ,and we'er talking about more that three decades? Better check the regs.

Yes sir you better check the regs !

wideopenthrottle
08-20-2016, 04:49 PM

pretty sure he was worried about "hunters" that regulations don't apply to!

srupp
08-20-2016, 04:58 PM
Hmm camera in suitcase..80 kph....the area is go's. .both are legal rams..shooters..

I did not have a camera..but Susan was my witness..lol
Steven

khoffnbud
08-20-2016, 06:14 PM
Hmm camera in suitcase..80 kph....the area is go's. .both are legal rams..shooters..

I did not have a camera..but Susan was my witness..lol
Steven

really though, they'll disappear never to emerge once season opens. thats how it seems to work out at least

srupp
08-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Ya probably correct. .but exciting to see them for sure..
Cheers
Steven

180grainer
08-20-2016, 06:26 PM

Steven
Come on now Steven, you would gotten no satisfaction shooting one from your passenger door....:)

Weatherby Fan
08-20-2016, 07:05 PM
Come on now Steven, you would gotten no satisfaction shooting one from your passenger door....:)

Never mind that's why they have 28" barrels on those Westherbys so we can shoot out the passenger window !

srupp
08-20-2016, 09:10 PM
I was momentarily upset..as i almost hit one of the big guys..they just suddenly were there..would have been extremely embarrassing coming online here and self reporting i killed a 180 ram with a 350 ford..no one would have believed it was an accident...lol
Steven

Asco
08-20-2016, 09:42 PM
That might be the funniest thing I've seen on HBC.
They do seem to disappear all at once when the season opens

BCbillies
08-20-2016, 11:16 PM
pics?

Yup! My sheep season ended August 2 so I'm out for this fall too!

rides bike to work
08-21-2016, 01:01 AM
I'm sure legal Rams get taken buy licensed hunters every year in that area I think this might just be your year Srupp who knows mabey just get lucky from the truck.

Weatherby Fan
08-21-2016, 06:24 AM
Never mind that's why they have 28" barrels on those Weatherbys so we can shoot out the passenger window !

Spelling correction, red wine effect last night thanks to RemingtonJim !

Boner
08-21-2016, 07:48 AM
And here I had my hopes up that you had a westherby

Weatherby Fan
08-21-2016, 07:54 AM
And here I had my hopes up that you had a westherby

A Westherby is a a new model designed by RemingtonJim, it's a steak dinner and 3 bottles of red enhanced Weatherby ;-)

Thanks Jim and Ramona for an awesome dinner last night.

khoffnbud
08-21-2016, 12:45 PM
I'm sure legal Rams get taken buy licensed hunters every year in that area I think this might just be your year Srupp who knows mabey just get lucky from the truck.

not every year, some years no Rams are taken.

goinghunting
08-22-2016, 08:38 AM
Yup! My sheep season ended August 2 so I'm out for this fall too!

Weres the pics and storys from you guys?

BCbillies
08-22-2016, 12:11 PM
Weres the pics and storys from you guys?

Some have seen photos and the story will likely come out when I get a chance. It may be a while . . . but 15 days in the mountains and a trip like this is worthy of being written up properly. The pilots and resident hunters that I have connected with have seen a banner year so far by Stones taken by residents. Looks like last years poor weather during the opener is reaping benefits for 2016 sheep hunters! :)