PDA

View Full Version : Stuff Stolen

Camp Cook
08-20-2016, 08:04 AM
I live in Yarrow 3 nights ago now I had my camping truck and cargo trailer broken into they got a fair amount of my camp/hunting stuff, Honda 3000 generator, tools, brand new Minn Kota 30lbs thrust electric boat motor and chainsaws a Husky 61 in a black hard case the chain brake is broken on it and my tiny Stihl MS 150 TC top handle.

It happened between 2:30am - 3:00am I know this because my next door neighbours 15 year old daughter watched it go down.

She said she was surprised that they even stole anything because it happened so quick.

Vehicle was a dark coloured mini van with out license plates with a male driver and a female passenger they were both Philippino's

The woman did all the thieving she used bolt cutters on the lock on my trailer side door used a screw driver to unlock and get in my truck passenger door.

Worst worry for me is I had a bag of reloaded bullets for mine and my son's rifles in the truck 44mag - 45-70 - and super rare 6.8SPC the 6.8SPC ammo primers had red felt pen on them bullets were 95gr TTSX so now these low life know I have firearms.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/in-tree-saws/ms150tce/

http://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/models/eb3000c

kevan
08-20-2016, 08:18 AM
Sorry to hear, the scum are everywhere and there's no end to it.
Small consolation but at least you had no firearms stashed or stored in the trailer.
They do know that you own firearms but in their haste probably never thought of keeping track for revisits, the scum are probably illiterate.
They will get rid of your ammo rather than risk being caught with it.
Good luck and fingers crossed for recovery.

Salty
08-20-2016, 08:20 AM
Bummer CC. I hope your insurance covers it. Thoughts on more protection for your crib? Watch dog? lighting? fencing?
Sucks bud all the best with it..

Big Hoss
08-20-2016, 08:29 AM
Sorry to hear of your luck. I live in greendale and there's been a lot of that crap happening lately will keep my eyes out for some of your stuff as well as the dirt bags

panhead
08-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Bud of mine had his truck and camper stolen out of his driveway in Surrey. Police called up a few days later and had found his truck undamaged but without the camper. He started driving around the area they found the truck and spotted his camper in a yard. He called the police and was asked if he could prove it was his camper ... bill of sale with serial number ... name engraved on it ... etc. He said he couldn't but knew it was his. Police would not even attend. Mark your stuff ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Success in life finally is reached when your fear of dying is equal to your fear of living.

RugDoctor
08-20-2016, 09:11 AM
Had it happen to me too....unfortunately had to learn the hard way not to leave things in my vehicle which PISSES me off. Somehow it's my responsibility to stop theft when it should be the responsibility of bum holes to not steal! Say what you want about Shariah....we should be cutting the hands off of thieves!

ruger#1
08-20-2016, 09:32 AM
Thieves should be going to jail. And paying our deductibles. It should also be tattooed on their forehead that they are a thief.

Lastcar
08-20-2016, 09:48 AM
Not a lot of help but I have an older electric, a 30lb I think sitting in the shed up at the lake I don't use.

If you want it, it is yours. PM me if so.

We are on our way up for a week and I'll bring it down if so. I am in Vancouver but could try to meet at the highway as we pass through next Sunday. Or I am heading back up the morning of the 31st for archery season.

Timing may not be right is you were heading out sooner but offer stands, anytime.

adriaticum
08-20-2016, 10:50 AM
Well shit happens when parents don't teach 15 year olds to use shotguns.

Dannybuoy
08-20-2016, 11:15 AM
Another thing to watch out for , apparently it is also common for the thieves to make a return trip in a month or so ... just after you get all new stuff from insurance .

.308SLAYER
08-20-2016, 11:44 AM
Pissed me off you can't even lock your stuff up in your own yard anymore without having to worry about it.

Arctic Lake
08-20-2016, 11:46 AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune ! Too bad a fella didn't know where the thieves go to fence the stuff they steal.

Big Lew
08-20-2016, 11:59 AM
Had it happen to me too....unfortunately had to learn the hard way not to leave things in my vehicle which PISSES me off. Somehow it's my responsibility to stop theft when it should be the responsibility of bum holes to not steal! Say what you want about Shariah....we should be cutting the hands off of thieves!

Agree! As the years have gone by I've watched society steadily move the blame and
responsibility for stolen property from the thief onto the innocent owner. I can't understand.
It shouldn't make any difference what so ever if an item is locked, double locked, or just
sitting there...stealing is stealing, especially if it's within your property, buildings, or vehicles.
The father's attitude of the fellow that stole a plane and crashed it, killing himself is a prime
example. He said that it was the plane owner and/or the airport's fault because his son was
able to get in and steal it. What a bunch of pukey crap!!!

kevan
08-20-2016, 12:42 PM
Another thing to watch out for , apparently it is also common for the thieves to make a return trip in a month or so ... just after you get all new stuff from insurance .

Yes, this is an excellent post and all too true, if your heist was quick 'n easy especially without hassle I'd bet the pricks will try yet again... For sure..

tim3500
08-20-2016, 12:43 PM
CC that really sucks I feel for ya and will keep a Eye out for your stuff . I lost a Boat and motor combo to a Chilliwack thief this year was on Face Book to Serve and Beware. Got the motor back in a illigal net seizure (DFO ) arrest. Boat and trailer still missing. Had the whole thing go down on Camera, Found one of the guys that drives a older chev pickup with a black tailgate had a loud talk !!! with him and gave him to the Cops , No boat and trailer yet Very little can be done these days other than Insure the hell out of everything

wideopenthrottle
08-20-2016, 04:41 PM
you can get tiny little gps chips now that can be hidden iside your valuables and tracked in real time on a cell phone
https://www.thetrackr.com/ this is one of many types of these things

Jagermeister
08-21-2016, 01:26 AM
I re-read the original post again and some things need to be clarified, at least I think so.
The neighbor's 15 year old daughter is eye witness to the heist going down at 2:30 am and calls the cops. The cops show up and she provides a detailed description of the vehicle and the "Filipino" perpetrators.
Wait............that is not the way it happened? she didn't call the cops. Hmmm, why not? What was she doing up at that time? Maybe she was the lookout. Maybe the Filipinos were not Filipinos at all. Maybe she saw first nations or some other dark ethnic group? Maybe they were not dark at all.
If what you posted was her rendition, it has some holes answered.

randymac
08-21-2016, 07:03 AM
you can get tiny little gps chips now that can be hidden iside your valuables and tracked in real time on a cell phone
https://www.thetrackr.com/ this is one of many types of these things
anybody have any real experience with these?

.308SLAYER
08-21-2016, 07:36 AM
anybody have any real experience with these?

Just thinking the same thing I could use some of these hide them in all my toyz...maybe I won't have to worry as much

Camp Cook
08-21-2016, 08:55 AM
WOW everyone thank you for the thoughts.

Thank you for that offer of the 30 thrust motor but I'll pass I still have my dads old 24lbs thrust that will make due until I score a new 30 I had just bought the one that was stolen at Cabela's Abbotsford opening day sale.

I've was talking with my insurance adjustor on Friday it sounds like I'm covered with my home owners insurance but I have to pay out $1000 deductible.

Toughest part of the claim is I've had my snapon tools that were in that box for years and I can't remember everything that was in that box.

As to my neighbours & their daughter I trust them 100%.

The dad tells me it is common that the daughter is up at that time sounds like she was messing around on her IPad.

Her dad is ex Abbotsford police, her mom is a probation officer my issue with her is why didn't you wake up your dad?

shottyshooter
08-21-2016, 09:09 AM
Her dad is ex Abbotsford police, her mom is a probation officer my issue with her is why didn't you wake up your dad?

Most of these crooks are path of least resistance types. They'll walk away when confronted because they want easy money - no hassles. A yappy dog will do it or maybe the daughter could've flashed some lights and/or yelled my Dads a cop I'm waking him up!

All good in hindsight but things to think about. Maybe buy some signs that say monitored alarm or video surveillance. The real cameras aren't too expensive but my point is that sometimes just the sign is enough to make them move on to the next house.

Mosin
08-21-2016, 09:10 AM
I live in Yarrow 3 nights ago now I had my camping truck and cargo trailer broken into they got a fair amount of my camp/hunting stuff, Honda 3000 generator, tools, brand new Minn Kota 30lbs thrust electric boat motor and chainsaws a Husky 61 in a black hard case the chain brake is broken on it and my tiny Stihl MS 150 TC top handle.

It happened between 2:30am - 3:00am I know this because my next door neighbours 15 year old daughter watched it go down.

She said she was surprised that they even stole anything because it happened so quick.

Vehicle was a dark coloured mini van with out license plates with a male driver and a female passenger they were both Philippino's

The woman did all the thieving she used bolt cutters on the lock on my trailer side door used a screw driver to unlock and get in my truck passenger door.

Worst worry for me is I had a bag of reloaded bullets for mine and my son's rifles in the truck 44mag - 45-70 - and super rare 6.8SPC the 6.8SPC ammo primers had red felt pen on them bullets were 95gr TTSX so now these low life know I have firearms.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/in-tree-saws/ms150tce/

http://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/models/eb3000c

Sorry to hear, i hope you get your stuff back. Check craigslist and kijiji once in awhile, you never know. How on earth did ur neighbor know they are phillipinos? Lol. Theres a good chance they will return cause they know u have guns, they might even consult one of their home invasion buddies about the guns so be aware for the next bit of people driving by ur house tryinf to figure out ur work pattern. Maybe invest in a trail cam or surveillance camera. Hope they are caught brother. Better yet...hopefully the rosedale citizens catch em...wont be needing the cops as middlemen hahahaha

Camp Cook
08-21-2016, 09:35 AM
I have ADT signs out but this truck/camper/trailer are parked in front of my house beside the road and you have to go down two dead end roads to get to my place unfortunately I'm the first big theft in my area in over ten years so its a wake up call for everyone on my road.

I'm heading out today to look for motion sensor lights going to buy 6 of them 3 for my garage 3 more for the front/sides of my house.

I'm also going to be buying better locks for on that trailer that can't just be cut with a bolt cutter http://www.saveyourgear.com/cargo-trailer-door-locks/cargo-trailer-door-locks-2/ I have their wheel locks for two of my trailkers now and I'm changing to better lock systems and door jam reinforcement on my house/garage doors.

I'm also now on a search for a security camera system for the house and thinking about trail cams for out at this truck.

When I talked to the neighbour girl she said she saw them so clearly that she would recognise them if she ever saw them again she also figured they weren't there long enough to steal anything and was very surprised the next day when I informed her dad what had happened.

When I asked how long were they there she told me max 5 min I just said ok but my head was reeling "seriously you figured that wasn't enough time for them to steal everything in the freaking trailer and truck"........... :shock:

Most of these crooks are path of least resistance types. They'll walk away when confronted because they want easy money - no hassles. A yappy dog will do it or maybe the daughter could've flashed some lights and/or yelled my Dads a cop I'm waking him up!

All good in hindsight but things to think about. Maybe buy some signs that say monitored alarm or video surveillance. The real cameras aren't too expensive but my point is that sometimes just the sign is enough to make them move on to the next house.

Lastcar
08-21-2016, 09:45 AM
In regards to the Trackr, I have a similar version called Tile. They are not GPS enabled.

They are Bluetooth enabled that communicates with a smartphone that has the app installed.

Which then tells the system it has found so and so's Tile and they are notified.

So yes, it will tell you exactly where your Trackr is once someone who has the app is near the Trackr.

The person who's phone picks it up has no idea a reported lost Trackr is near by. That would be counter-intuitive to signal to a stranger something someone cares about it lost and right there. So you are safe from less than honest people using these against you.

As a test, I left a Tile on the edge of our yard near the sidewalk when we went away for a week. I wanted to see how long it'd take for someone to pass by with the app.

First time nothing. Did it another week and it was about 5 days into it. I live just off Main St in Vancouver is an area that is buzzing with pedestrians.

Took 5 days.

Point is, these are great. Have helped me find stuff in and around the house (keys). But not sure they'd help in this case. The battery dies in about a year. Trackr has a replaceable battery. Tile doesn't. Either way, limited window of time before the battery dies.

If where I left mine doesn't get picked up for that long, then if they have the item more than 30 yards from where one could expect Johnny Citizen to walk by AND have the app.

So not something I would bother with for this purpose. You'll be out the dough for the Trackrs and out the dough for the stuff you lost. Worst part will be the constant hope that the Trackr gets picked up.

Well, actually worst part is some A hole stole your stuff.

But if you want to help these things be more effective, you can put the Tile and Trackr app on your phones even if you don't use them. The more phones out there with the app the better the coverage finding reported lost Trackrs or Tiles.

Lastcar
08-21-2016, 09:47 AM
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01D5Y7DMA/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1K7RYQVZ52FF1

Something like this you could put right on the trailer. Don't need power and could be helpful for you when working around the trailer at night.

Ferenc
08-21-2016, 09:54 AM
The best things for garage doors are the c -clamp vise grips ... Clamp them onto the inside door tracks .. Sorry to hear what happened Campcook

Camp Cook
08-21-2016, 10:12 AM
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01D5Y7DMA/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1K7RYQVZ52FF1

Something like this you could put right on the trailer. Don't need power and could be helpful for you when working around the trailer at night.

WOW I like... thumbs up...

kevan
08-21-2016, 12:52 PM
We live in a seniors park near the Peardonville Overpass and according to a neighbour someone has been running a Genset in the trees directly beside the top of the overpass where there is a rapidly growing ' homeless ' camp of thieves.
That's a good spot to look for 'missing ' items.
Obviously they do not know about fire bans because at least one can be seen nearly every night or they create their own rules.

wideopenthrottle
08-21-2016, 12:57 PM
https://gearjunkie.com/spot-trace-gps-satellite-tracker

here is another type...i am not a techno guy but with a bit of research i am sure you will find something to let you know if your stuff has been moved (like when you are away) and ones that will help you pinpoint where it is once it has been stolen...i will try to research it a bit but cant do it right now...any gearheads out there with more knowledge?

Ferenc
08-21-2016, 01:00 PM
Kevan we have camps also out in the Wack ... And now the mayor said they can set up in any playground/parks from 8pm till 8am.... Nice place to take the kids eh !! I just can't believe it... The valley is starting to become tent city...

kevan
08-21-2016, 02:50 PM
Kevan we have camps also out in the Wack ... And now the mayor said they can set up in any playground/parks from 8pm till 8am.... Nice place to take the kids eh !! I just can't believe it... The valley is starting to become tent city...

Its becoming utter nonsense...

Camp Cook
08-21-2016, 09:42 PM

We sure do but it wasn't the mayor that said ok it was the recent BC Supreme Court decision that said homeless people can camp in parks (city of Abbotsford vs BC Drug Survivors or something like that)

kevan
08-22-2016, 03:59 AM
We sure do but it wasn't the mayor that said ok it was the recent BC Supreme Court decision that said homeless people can camp in parks (city of Abbotsford vs BC Drug Survivors or something like that)

Yes and I think those same elected officials should show a bit more consideration and also share their own residences with the vermin.... Let'em build in the Mayors backyard.

panhead
08-22-2016, 08:13 AM
I was dispatched from home base one time to fix a broken down locomotive out in Abby. It was usually parked at Vye road but as the train yard was full at the time the crew left it under the freeway overpass. I couldn't believe the "camp" there. Graffiti and needles and garbage everywhere. At least there were no people there when I showed up. When I returned to home base I informed management that I would refuse to attend there in the future alone. Man ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The final spurt before the inevitable slump ... sounds like the market right now.

ruger#1
08-22-2016, 09:21 AM
I was dispatched from home base one time to fix a broken down locomotive out in Abby. It was usually parked at Vye road but as the train yard was full at the time the crew left it under the freeway overpass. I couldn't believe the "camp" there. Graffiti and needles and garbage everywhere. At least there were no people there when I showed up. When I returned to home base I informed management that I would refuse to attend there in the future alone. Man ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The final spurt before the inevitable slump ... sounds like the market right now. I know four engineers from SRY. One has already ran over three of them. They like laying on the tracks. Hard to stop a train with twenty cars fully loaded.

BCBear
08-22-2016, 10:28 AM
suicide by train is pretty common according to some hoggers i know .. even notes in the pocket apologizing to them

panhead
08-22-2016, 10:45 AM
suicide by train is pretty common according to some hoggers i know .. even notes in the pocket apologizing to them
Yeah ... have witnessed it first hand ... pretty messy way to go and sure takes a toll on the unfortunate train crew.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rough as a cob

ruger#1
08-22-2016, 01:43 PM
RCMP just recovered a truck and trailer, I hope it is his.

Camp Cook
08-27-2016, 07:24 AM
They didn't steal the truck/trailer they broke in and stole my stuff.

Its a diesel with a stick these lowlife probably could not get it started or be able to drive it.

Update I'm just trying to compile a list now figuring out the tools they got is the hardest but I also just realized that they got my box of 50 super rare top Marlin lever action Jae-Bok Young 550gr WLNGC 45-70 reloads all were brand new brass.

I can't even buy these bullets and bring them into Canada anymore

wideopenthrottle
08-27-2016, 08:47 AM
They didn't steal the truck/trailer they broke in and stole my stuff.

Its a diesel with a stick these lowlife probably could not get it started or be able to drive it.

Update I'm just trying to compile a list now figuring out the tools they got is the hardest but I also just realized that they got my box of 50 super rare top Marlin lever action Jae-Bok Young 550gr WLNGC 45-70 reloads all were brand new brass.

I can't even buy these bullets and bring them into Canada anymore

that the kind of stuff the insurance adjusters get very sceptical about too...you know like that bag of rare gold coins that was also in the tool box...sorry to hear about the discovery of even more loss...:evil:

Iron Glove
08-27-2016, 09:30 AM
that the kind of stuff the insurance adjusters get very sceptical about too...you know like that bag of rare gold coins that was also in the tool box...sorry to hear about the discovery of even more loss...:evil:

Having spent @ 45 years in the Insurance Industry, I'm willing to offer my advice to all HBC Members before they submit their claims.
I know all the tricks. :twisted:
Hmm, I could do it on a commission basis, say 20% of the claim.
Just kidding. :-)
BTW, the gold coins thing isn't a good idea, probably a very low limit on the Homeowner's Policy, there's better ways.

wideopenthrottle
08-27-2016, 01:13 PM
Having spent @ 45 years in the Insurance Industry, I'm willing to offer my advice to all HBC Members before they submit their claims.
I know all the tricks. :twisted:
Hmm, I could do it on a commission basis, say 20% of the claim.
Just kidding. :-)
BTW, the gold coins thing isn't a good idea, probably a very low limit on the Homeowner's Policy, there's better ways.

I meant that claiming a rare or unusual item might sound unbelievable to an adjuster like saying there were rare gold coins...I was not implying insurance fraud just that losing/claiming the special bullets might trigger alarm bells like a bag of rare gold coins would (true or not)...I was also not implying he was lying about the bullets, just that it was unfortunate

Iron Glove
08-27-2016, 01:43 PM
I meant that claiming a rare or unusual item might sound unbelievable to an adjuster like saying there were rare gold coins...I was not implying insurance fraud just that losing/claiming the special bullets might trigger alarm bells like a bag of rare gold coins would (true or not)...I was also not implying he was lying about the bullets, just that it was unfortunate

I know, and I'm not suggesting I would ever help to falsify a claim.

Camp Cook
08-27-2016, 04:05 PM
I am to law aiding to falsify a claim and if this comment was an insinuation I resent it being made.

I have another couple of boxes of these 550gr bullets and lots of new brass on my shelf/reloading bench and even more 525gr bullets I also have another almost full box of loaded ammo.

I keep my loaded/reloaded ammo in MTM boxes in Princess Auto tool bags on the shelf grab a rifle grab a bag and I'm off.

My 6.8spc ammo that is gone is another piss off the brass is hard to find and especially that I had one box of 100 rounds of my hard to find 95gr TTSX loads and just remembered that a box of 50 110gr V-Max reloads were in that bag as well.

The approximate 400 brass/loaded 44 mag ammo that's now gone also pisses me off this was for my son's Rossi M92 44 mag rifle I have more brass and loaded ammo but it is all top velocity loads that he is not comfortable shooting yet so I do not have any bullets for him right now.

Camp Cook
08-27-2016, 07:16 PM
Bought and installed these California Immobilizer lock plates and disk locks.

I know it won't stop someone that is determined to get in but its going to take more than a simple snip with a bolt cutter next time.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/California_Immobilizer_lock_system_1.JPG

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/California_Immobilizer_lock_system_2.JPG

srupp
08-27-2016, 07:35 PM
Hmm good tip on the C clamp on garage door.
I feel bad for your loss...but really? Leaving all that outside anywhere is asking for problems In my opinion. Sad but trailers need to be inside locked garages with a guard dog pit bull with AIDS .they scored..they will be back.
We were just visiting Vancouver 4 trips to our hotel room with everything from our truck .much easier than insurance claims.
Goodluck..it's not if..it's when...make it easier and more productive. ...elsewhere..
Sorry for your loss.
Srupp

Camp Cook
08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
Seriously your actually saying that it is my fault that lowlife thieves stole from me?

ruger#1
08-31-2016, 03:29 PM
Hmm good tip on the C clamp on garage door.
I feel bad for your loss...but really? Leaving all that outside anywhere is asking for problems In my opinion. Sad but trailers need to be inside locked garages with a guard dog pit bull with AIDS .they scored..they will be back.
We were just visiting Vancouver 4 trips to our hotel room with everything from our truck .much easier than insurance claims.
Goodluck..it's not if..it's when...make it easier and more productive. ...elsewhere..
Sorry for your loss.
Srupp Steve, Some of us do not have a garage to lock things up. It doesn't matter if you have 20 acres. They are steeling livable trailers. And cutting locks of gates on driveways to do it. Four trips to your hotel room from your truck. Your lucky they didn't steel your truck. That's the shit that happens in this valley.

Carrollizer
08-31-2016, 03:34 PM
I figure if I ever get a trailer like this I'm going to have it electrified. So if anyone touches it except me they'll be in for a shocking surprise.
Not sure the logistics of making it electrified but once I have a trailer i'll figure it out.

Jagermeister
08-31-2016, 10:48 PM
This thread reminds me a little of my departed B-I-L. Especially the talk of pitbulls with aids.
The B-I-L had a couple of the friendliest dobermans you could ever expect to encounter. Would even hold the door open for you to exit the vehicle. You could go up and help yourself to what ever was in the house. Your problem began the moment you tried to get back into the vehicle. That's when the lips curled to reveal the nicest set of teeth you could behold. The one thing you could be assured of was you were not getting back into that vehicle until the B-I-L or some other family member that those two were acquainted with happened to return home. One time, a new RCMP recruit spent an hour or two sunning on the hood of the cruiser while the dogs stood by protecting him. Left his two-way in the car, could not call out. I actually think he was setup 'cause most everyone knew the situation and would come down the driveway sounding their horn. If no one appeared, only greeted by the dogs, they just turned around and left whence they came without getting out.

troutseeker
09-01-2016, 11:26 AM
It's a damn shame your stuff got stolen. I am a strong believer that we should be able to leave our doors u locked and our stuff laying around and no one would steal anything. I remember when I was growing up we never locked our doors and never had problems!

things have changed, and I blame the courts who refused to sentence folks to significant jail time. The Loosening moral fabric of society, the portrayal of criminals as heros by Hollywood and video games also play a big role. And don't get me started with the lack of parenting and no more strick rulesand enforcement at schools.

our society sucks, cops can't help you much as they are too short staffed everywhere and can only react after the fact. The courts are overwhelmed with cases and Crown lawyers routinely dismiss petty matters such as theft under $5000 as not being in the publics interest to prosecute... So the thieves have it pretty good, slap on the hand sentencing, if the charge is even brought forward. Judges who pontifcate and are allowed to be God and decide that repeat offenders with long records should be given another chance(and another, etc...).

the same hole system makes me gag, and I'm part of it... :(

Seeadler
09-01-2016, 07:33 PM
Effing thieves.

BChunter
09-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Quick Tip, engrave your BC Drivers licence number on valuables. All police can run this number in there cars computer anytime, anywhere. If they locate stolen goodies, its an easy quick check and you will get a call! Don't give up on the cops, they will try their best and the bcdl never changes even if you move.

srupp
09-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Hmmm no I am not blaming you.its the effing thieves..however you know they are there..on bctv nightly..ask yourself. .can I afford to leave $5,000 in my truck, or trailer overnight.?what happens when your insurance skyrockets? Or they decline to insure you.?
He'll they are cutting LIVE hydro poles for $100 copper.my neighbors hate my morning load ups..but the gear stays in my home till needed..even when Terence came hunting last year everything..even barbecue. .came inside my locked carport..garage .
I truly am sorry and upset at your loss..but leaving it out...it will get stolen...they will be back..unfortunately.
Most nights I am sitting sipping tea at 3 am..unbelievable pain...I see the scumbags sneaking through the neighborhood. .
Again sincerely saddened at your loss..hope you find a workable solution.
Cheers
Steven

Camp Cook
09-03-2016, 06:25 AM
Myself and everyone on my dead end road have been complacent due to there not being any thefts other than a battery or a can of gas being stolen.

I've been here 7 years others for a lot longer one long time resident my immediate neighbour he grew up here he's 55 now told me he can't remember a major theft happening.

Yes your right if I had not left my stuff in my camper truck it would not have been stolen but like I said it was the norm not to worry about theft in my area unfortunately I'm the guy that had to be hit.

That's over now = I spent yesterday reinforcing my reloading room it now has a solid wood core metal door on it I even took down shelves and installed sheets of 1/2' plywood on the walls making it a lot tougher to get into that room hopefully giving the security system time to get police or me here if there is a break in.

Here is how complacent I've been that door/frame used to be on my reloading room in my old house I've been here 7 1/2 years and finally put it in yesterday.

Next step is to install a security camera system that sends alerts to me not some security company.

The old truck that was broken into has an alarm system but the fobs had broken so I haven't set that alarm for years I checked but I can't replace the fobs I'm told they are not available anymore so I'll have to get the system replaced.

Just yesterday I remembered that I had more stuff missing my old Ranging 600 and new 1300 ARC range finders.

Getbent
09-03-2016, 08:08 AM
Thieves should be going to jail. And paying our deductibles. It should also be tattooed on their forehead that they are a thief.nailed it right here
put a sticker on their head...pieces of $hit

Camp Cook
09-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Quick Tip, engrave your BC Drivers licence number on valuables. All police can run this number in there cars computer anytime, anywhere. If they locate stolen goodies, its an easy quick check and you will get a call! Don't give up on the cops, they will try their best and the bcdl never changes even if you move.

Excellent idea I will do that to everything I have including my work equipment.

09-03-2016, 08:58 AM
nailed it right here
put a sticker on their head...pieces of $hit

but NO ...... We have another Generation of Trudeau ....... His Dad rid us of the Death penalty. All murderers and thieves can be rehabilitated. They are troubled people and aren't responsible for their Crimes.

I hope things get better for you Camp cook.

Jagermeister
09-03-2016, 11:42 AM
A sentence to the can is like a vacation to a paradise island. Thanks to the ****ing federal liberal governments who thought you could rehabilitate a criminal and made prisons into spas so the frigging cons could feel good bout themselves.

finngun
09-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Can those croocks to send russian or mexican jales? Well worth to pay a trip..more likely never come back..:tongue:

Camp Cook
09-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Haven't finished my claim yet been to busy to sit down and try to remember everything that was stolen but I am starting to replace my stuff bought the small Stihl 150 chainsaw and a new generator.

I'm going to post on Craigslist the 150 saw and gen as stolen because I now have the serial numbers from the company I bought them from.

and I have trail cams up everywhere now still looking for a proper surveillance camera system once I get it the trail cams are coming to hunting camps with me I bought enough of them to set up around the camp as well as in the bush.