PDA

View Full Version : 2-11B Goat Draw - Upper Lillooet

whitlers
08-19-2016, 11:49 AM
Hey all!

I have been putting in for Texas Creek with no luck so I put in for this draw kind of on a whim.

I have hunted the Hurley a few times but never headed further up the valley where this zone begins.

My research has told me that there was a healthy population up Boulder Creek (2013 Goat Survey). I also know about the shit show with the road conditions and the Hydro Project. I am also aware of the current closure near Keyhole due to the Grizzly sow and her cubs.

All that being said I am more than willing to work my way back there and find me a billy. I have from Sept 1st - Nov 25th to achieve this. I have my camper for base camp and I can set up a spike cam if needed.

If anyone has had this draw or has experience in the area they would be willing to share. I would be more than grateful.

Cheers!

whitlers
08-19-2016, 11:01 PM
Bump

Anyone had this draw?

whitlers
08-22-2016, 10:46 PM
Bumpy bump bump

No one has any info?

Guess I'm on my own

604redneck
08-23-2016, 03:39 AM
A guy I know has had the draw and hiked up there for years I can ask him if I see him at work today.

whitlers
08-23-2016, 12:54 PM
A guy I know has had the draw and hiked up there for years I can ask him if I see him at work today.

That would be great!

dotke
10-15-2017, 07:44 AM
Hey there, I'm putting in for 2-11a next year. How was the access into the alpine? Did u make it in? See any goats?

whitlers
10-15-2017, 01:29 PM
I have no clue about the A side of the draw

the hopper
10-15-2017, 03:55 PM
Check your inbox

Rymar
10-15-2017, 05:58 PM
a buddy had the draw and got a nice billy a couple weeks ago, said it was a steep climb to alpine but not too long, don't have other access detail sorry.

ducktoller
10-15-2017, 06:53 PM
Don't know that draw well but do note that that area is frequented by the club tread crew. Lot's of unofficial trails those guys carve.

CT is a wealth of information for the sea-to-sky/duffey/stein valley area.

BUT be prepared to go far, as those CT people certainly aren't hiking within 1km of the truck!

whitlers
10-15-2017, 07:10 PM
Hey guys.

This post was from last year but thanks for the updates! Was unable to connect on a good Billy but hiked a shit ton and had a great time. I will be going back when I get the draw next. Definitely a tough hunt. Lots of vertical and thick cover until you get up high. Did I mention WET!!

Appreciate all the input. Thanks guys!