PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck To All The Bow Hunters

hunter1947
08-18-2016, 06:06 PM
Want to say good luck to all the bow hunters come Sept first ..

This is my dream bull to get with a bow or bigger I won't take any small bulls with my bow I already got the monkey off my back a few years ago with a 5x5 bull elk in bow season....

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/1269.JPG

Rayne
08-18-2016, 06:23 PM
I'm heading out for bucks trying a new area but will take an elk tag just in case ��

ElliotMoose
08-18-2016, 09:00 PM
Beauty bull there Wayne.. Good luck on the opener. Unfortunately I'll be in Alberta for work and won't make it back until after the 10th. Looking forward to pictures of your success!

Spy
08-18-2016, 09:27 PM
Nice bull good luck :-)

Bugle M In
08-18-2016, 10:17 PM
Looks like your keyed in this season!
I guess every night until Sept 1 will be getting harder for you to get to sleep in anticipation.
I think I may have to plan an opening bow season next year, if my season goes like last year.
Good luck!

tundra
08-19-2016, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the well wishes. We will be in your neck of the woods hoping to connect. Good luck to your self.

HarryToolips
08-19-2016, 09:24 PM
That would be a wicked bull to connect on Wayne, good luck...ill be out for bow season, but my crossbow I set my limit to 25 yards max...I'm stoked to try something totally new to start the bow season, and in a new area I've only scouted once to boot - crossbow hunting on my mountain bike...

hunter1947
08-25-2016, 02:54 AM
Up early can't sleep ??? guess I am thinking about the opener of bow season that is coming upon us bow hunter soon.

I have scouted for animals the past two months and my trail cams are a big help that I have put out in different areas to help my scouting to tell me what's within different areas..
To me at my age it's not all about putting an animal down ,,it's all about being around my good friends that means so much more to me that's the most exciting hunt for me..

I have been packing my gear up late yesterday afternoon checking off the things on my list I put aside to take into my hunting camp for my bow hunt that will start early morning
next Thursday..

I have some really decent animals located within my area to try to find during bow season there is this one lady friend that I would like to see arrow a decent size WT or an elk yes
it's all about helping her get a wall hanger for her wall I would be more excited to see her get a trophy bow kill animal than that of myself or my other friends that will be hunting
with me in bow season..

All I can think about is just being around good people that meaning my good friends this is more exciting for me on a hunt then bagging any animal ,,it used to be the otherway around
it used to be got to put down an animal this was more important to me back in the days then having friends in camp now the table has changed 360% over the past few years it being
around my friends that's number one in my books in my life now..

PS good luck to all the bow hunters that will be looking for your dream animal wishing your dream comes true ,,stay safe out there and shoot straight..

J_T
08-25-2016, 05:17 AM
I agree Wayne, it's simply a wonderful time of year to head out and spend time with friends in the bush. I'm packed up and head out this afternoon to set up camp and enjoy a week in camp before the opening. I've done my homework and have my trails cut and tree stands set up. Anyone who thinks elk hunting is about showing up on the day before the opening, without scouting, without enjoying the act of acquiring knowledge about what is going on out there is missing out. (And is hoping luck goes their way) It's a lifestyle. Keeps us active, keeps us healthy and in a good frame of mind.

Good luck. Be safe.

clu__82
08-25-2016, 05:22 AM
Very well said Wayne. I can't wait to get out and do exactly what you speak of. It's all about the memories and with that hopefully a few animals down just to add to the story......good luck and thanks again...can't say that enough!!

hunter1947
11-13-2016, 11:24 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/js1ne703ubybhpn/01533.MTS?dl=0