PDA

View Full Version : Deer Pouchers got Caught

Byson
06-19-2007, 06:17 PM
see in todays province june 19th group of guys got caught with 2 deer one was pregnant I hope they get the worst

Chuck
06-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Nasty baskets!

Dillybar
06-19-2007, 06:22 PM
My older neighbor came over and was probably talking about the same article and she asked me, "Why do you hunters hunt like that". It is people like the ones that got caught that give us all a bad name.

Byson
06-19-2007, 06:23 PM
this happened in Pemberton

BlacktailStalker
06-19-2007, 07:14 PM
I am sure the justice system will let us down as it always does.

lapadat
06-19-2007, 07:40 PM
The "justice" system,,,,aka the court system is getting better with fish/wildlife related decisions.

For example, if you follow the court case hearings regarding sturgeon poaching on the lower Fraser River you will see very strict fines, boat/truck seizures and in the last 2 years - JAIL time. Aside from the absolutely ridicoulous night-hunting decision on the Island, judges are on average becoming more educated as they face more of these illegal hunting/fishing activities. Fish/Wildlife officers and the CROWN need to educate judges on the severity of these offences, especially when it relates to a Blue or Red listed species: ie. one that is or could become extinct.

I say they forfeit the wildlife, guns, send them to jail for 30 days and suspend thier hunting licence privileges for LIFE.

Gateholio
06-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah, we wer asked for info..trying to figure out where exaclty it happened.

Was at night, apparently...

mark
06-19-2007, 07:41 PM
My older neighbor came over and was probably talking about the same article and she asked me, "Why do you hunters hunt like that". It is people like the ones that got caught that give us all a bad name.

"Hunters" dont hunt like that!!! "Poachers", poach like that! Make sure you clarify that to everyone you talk to!

bsa30-06
06-19-2007, 07:50 PM
"Hunters" dont hunt like that!!! "Poachers", poach like that! Make sure you clarify that to everyone you talk to!

Mark you type a little faster then i do.Thats exactly what i was going to say.

rollingrock
06-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Here is the facking story! What a bunch of motherfackers....

3 Richmond men charged after cops find 2 dead deer, weapon in van

Clare Ogilvie, The Province

Published: Tuesday, June 19, 2007
WHISTLER -- Three men from Richmond are facing charges under the Wildlife Act after police found a loaded weapon in their van and two dead deer.
"One of the does was pregnant with a fawn and we presume the other one left a fawn behind," said conservation officer Chris Doyle.
Deer-hunting season does not start until the fall and, in the Pemberton area, where it is likely the shooting took place, does are never in season. "We're asking anyone who heard shots in and around the Pemberton Meadows area on [June] 13 or 14 or has information to call us," said Doyle.
http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d/www.canada.com/images/widgets/additionals_send_email.gifEmail to a friend (javascript:void window.open('/components/email.aspx?id=88856bc0-9e9a-42ab-b51b-aa1de2e43e52&referrer=http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=88856bc0-9e9a-42ab-b51b-aa1de2e43e52', '', 'width=450,height=410,location=no,toolbar=no,menub ar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=no'))http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d/www.canada.com/images/widgets/additionals_send_printer.gifPrinter friendly (javascript:void window.open('/components/print.aspx?id=88856bc0-9e9a-42ab-b51b-aa1de2e43e52', '', 'width=700,height=400,location=no,menubar=yes,scro llbars=yes,resizable=yes')) Font:

* (javascript:setClassName('article','para10'); setClassName('fontsizecontainer','size00');)
* (javascript:setClassName('article','para12'); setClassName('fontsizecontainer','size01');)
* (javascript:setClassName('article','para14'); setClassName('fontsizecontainer','size02');)
* (javascript:setClassName('article','para16'); setClassName('fontsizecontainer','size03');)
The men face charges of careless use of a firearm and unlawful possession of dead wildlife. The maximum penalty is a $50,000 fine or six months in jail, or both.
clareogilvie@telus.net

bsa30-06
06-19-2007, 08:42 PM
pregnant with a fawn........what the hell else would it be pregnant with.

careless use of a firearm.......i don't think their was anything careless about it, what did they do accidently shoot 2 deer well shooting at pop cans.

I hope these idiots get every bit of punishment coming to them.There's been to many of these kind of stories lately making all honest hunters look bad.Well atleast the story didn't call these guys hunters......I hate it when they do that.

Steeleco
06-19-2007, 08:51 PM
and suspend their hunting licence privileges for LIFE.

While this is the first response for a form of punishment, it's also what they were not doing in the first place. For years they have been suspending privileges that the criminal wasn't using in the first place.

4pointer
06-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Let me have em, wouldnt mind having them as a moving target.

CHilko21
06-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Let me have em, wouldnt mind having them as a moving target.

Let me rope'em first...it's easy to catch heels when they're running away:twisted:...b*****ds make the rest of us....actually I shouldn't say that, they're not hunters, nowhere near, these poachers are making the hunters look bad. They should have their gun ownership privelages taken away, as well as their privelage to own a hunting or fishing license....and as an extra kick, let somebody beat them with a cane pole.

Gateholio
06-19-2007, 11:10 PM
In Pemberton area we do often get reports of poachers from the lower mainland.

Many of them turn out to be Asian. There are poachers form every ethnicity, of course, but we see Asian ones the most, followed by some East Europeans.

What is odd in many cases is that the Asian poachers seem to go to an area, shoot some animals, (often in season) and then get caught with no HL or no tag, when to be legal they coudl have just got a tag.

Deer. bear, grouse, etc...

Although, they also sometimes seem to cut off parts of animals, and abandon the rest.

We have had Asian poachers do what just happened, kill deer out of season, as well.

Sometimes, though, I read the report and say "Why the hell didn't they just get a HL and tags, recover the whole animal, and avoid the risk?"

The Eastern European poachers have set up truckload slaughters, killed as much as the could, loaded it into a cube van and took off. They sure as helel know what the law is.

I think a bit more education about hunting in the Asian community might be in order. It seems that many of them poach because they think that ALL hunting is illegal..Could be wrong, butthe way they go about poaching is just so frickin stupid...

BCBear
06-19-2007, 11:11 PM

Dillybar show your neighbor the responses written here that are being generated by hunters about poachers. Hopefully this will clear things up.

hunter1947
06-20-2007, 05:05 AM
Hand over the pouchers to me ,i will make sure they get a fair trial ,they will never be able to hunt or carry firearms again ,as well as a $50.000 dollar fine.:twisted:

boxhitch
06-20-2007, 06:28 AM
Gate - I had a post all typed up, with some facts like in yours, but deleted it as I didn't want to be slammed for bringing up the ethnic issue -
- but now that it is open -
I think many of the newer members to our citizenry have a different understanding of what wildlife stands for. They only look at it as a food source, with no regard for species survival or well being, so regulations don't factor into the picture. Their culture is a fight for food to survive.
There have been many cases of over-fishing and over-harvest of shellfish against some of those of Asian background. Some of these people are not totally integrated into the Canadian fabric, and only do what they deem necessary to put food on the table, laws be dammed.
The one and only time I have been into Italian Sporting goods, the other four customers there could not carry on a conversation in English, and were looking for 'bear guns'. I walked out.

rollingrock
06-20-2007, 07:01 AM
The Eastern European poachers have set up truckload slaughters, killed as much as the could, loaded it into a cube van and took off. They sure as helel know what the law is.

Don't understand. If they know the law, have the tags and kill as much as they could, then why call them poachers? Also why the poachers like going to Pemby to poach?

Gateholio
06-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Don't understand. If they know the law, have the tags and kill as much as they could, then why call them poachers? Also why the poachers like going to Pemby to poach?

What I mean is they *know* what the law is, they just choose to disregard it, may have HL and tags but exceed thier quota.

Poachers form the lower mainland go to Pemberton (and presumably other areas) that are close to home, simple as that...

rollingrock
06-20-2007, 09:41 AM
What I mean is they *know* what the law is, they just choose to disregard it, may have HL and tags but exceed thier quota.

Poachers form the lower mainland go to Pemberton (and presumably other areas) that are close to home, simple as that...

I see. But looks like there're games in your area, contrary to what you always claim:mrgreen:.