PDA

View Full Version : Looking for lab pup for Oct/Nov

bcd
08-14-2016, 04:47 PM
If anyone knows of upcoming litters for this fall, I'd appreciate any leads. Looking for a black or chocolate lab, both for a family pet and hunting. I don't do much waterfowl hunting yet, primarily just big game and grouse/hare, but hoping that I can train him to be a good partner for those, and maybe shed hunting in the off season. October/November would be ideal as my wife is planning on taking six months off to be a dog mom, and that's the timing that works.

We are in the city but have a fenced back yard and are both active so we should be able to keep him happy on that front. Moving out of the lower mainland in the next year or two and then should have more space!

Superdeuce
08-19-2016, 09:35 PM
Check out Prairiestorm Kennels website. They have a few litters available around that timeframe. Have all the standard health clearances, etc and good reputation on here by those that own pups from them.

bigredchev
08-21-2016, 05:25 PM
Edit wrong thread

sae
08-24-2016, 06:46 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5959&stc=1These are available sept 1 born June 24

kinderdoggin
08-30-2016, 01:17 PM
If you can wait a little longer, I know of a really nice breeding that will take place next week, puppies will be ready for their new homes in January but reservations are being accepted now. Both parents are well-bred, talented, with full health testing. Reputable breeder that does a great job giving the puppies a good start in life- check out the Keeva x Chester litter at Antlermeadow Labs - http://www.antlermeadowlabs.com/futurelitters.htm

bcd
09-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately the Sep litters are just a bit too soon. End of Oct is the very earliest we will be ready, ideally beginning of Nov. Not sure I can convince the wife to wait til Jan!

Had the opportunity to meet BCgamebirds and check out his dogs, unfortunately that litter's too early because they are very nice!