PDA

View Full Version : What's a good value motel near Savona/Cache creek?

300wsmBrowning
08-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Looking for a decent motel in the savona / Cache creek area that is clean and not over priced. Any help or info is appreciated. Cabins would work too.

ElliotMoose
08-14-2016, 06:36 PM
Sage hills motel in cache creek was always good to us. Haven't stayed there in a few years but they were always hunter friendly

Ferenc
08-14-2016, 06:49 PM
If you drive from Savona to Red lake there's two awsome cabins that are rented out by Bigfish.... Well worth the drive... nice country to see also. : ) I drive past them on the way to the meadows. : )

luger
08-14-2016, 10:05 PM
I stayed at the canada best value inn last year for 2 nights. It was OK and it was cheap. This year I bought a camper for my truck so I can stay in the bush.

sapper
08-15-2016, 09:47 AM
Sage hills motel in cache creek was always good to us. Haven't stayed there in a few years but they were always hunter friendly
ElliotMoose speaks the truth and I echo his comments.

levind
08-15-2016, 11:57 AM
we have stayed at this place sundowner motel 2 times. they are cheap and it worked out for us the 2 times no bed bug bites lol. beds where comfortable a little run down but was just to sleep in for one night both times. I cant compare with the other places as i havent stayed at any of the other ones. they were the cheapest that we found though so it may not be as nice as some of the others.

Looking at the sage hills motel pics the rooms are much nicer then the sundowner motel.

300wsmBrowning
08-15-2016, 08:42 PM
Awesome guys thanks for the info. Is there anywhere to hang game near sage hills or the others mentioned?

300wsmBrowning
08-15-2016, 08:48 PM
Is there anywhere for fuel and food near by?

ElliotMoose
08-16-2016, 07:44 AM
Last time I stayed at sage hills they had a shed they let us hang game in. I would call first to confirm. As far as food, you're in cache creek so you'll have lots to choose from

cbarclay
08-17-2016, 08:31 AM
I've had good luck at the Good Knight inn or the Sandman in Cache Creek.

bigredchev
08-17-2016, 08:50 AM
Round up in Clinton has always been nice and very secure. The cops sit outside in the parking lot all the time

300wsmBrowning
09-18-2016, 05:08 PM
What the access like around there these days? Is everything being deactivated?

srupp
09-18-2016, 06:06 PM
I've had good luck at the Good Knight inn or the Sandman in Cache Creek.

While I was teaching a Paramedic course I stayed at the Good Knight inn...was surprised at the comfortable bed....lots of food joints in 4 blocks. .check out Annie for fresh pies, fresh bred, pizza and design your own sandwiches.
It didn't look like the hotel should be expensive..it looked old..but was quiet and comfortable.
Cheers
Steven

Asco
09-18-2016, 09:17 PM
In my one experience good knight inn has the added feature that your room key might open several rooms. Hunting partner had an awkward moment when we walked into the honeymoon suite by accident, hot tub bubbling in the middle of the room.....he's wondering why I chose that particular room lol.

Our room was next door. Our actual room was clean and fine.

FAVOURITE PLACE Rivers Edge motel in Ashcroft. The hotel is decent, the staff are usually intoxicated. Demand a discount and you will usually get one. BEST OF ALL there is a Samoan guy who bought the restaurant makes fantastic food usually at any hour. Love it. Nobody can remember the guys name, we call him "Brown Dude" with all due respect.

300wsmBrowning
09-19-2016, 05:48 PM
In my one experience good knight inn has the added feature that your room key might open several rooms. Hunting partner had an awkward moment when we walked into the honeymoon suite by accident, hot tub bubbling in the middle of the room.....he's wondering why I chose that particular room lol.

Our room was next door. Our actual room was clean and fine.

FAVOURITE PLACE Rivers Edge motel in Ashcroft. The hotel is decent, the staff are usually intoxicated. Demand a discount and you will usually get one. BEST OF ALL there is a Samoan guy who bought the restaurant makes fantastic food usually at any hour. Love it. Nobody can remember the guys name, we call him "Brown Dude" with all due respect.

Lol that's priceless! Thanks for the info.

300wsmBrowning
10-04-2016, 08:24 AM
Has anyone stayed at Robbies motel?