PDA

View Full Version : Whitetail doe spots in the Okanagan?

czechsanchez
08-13-2016, 11:32 PM
I hope this isn't as bad as asking where some big horn honey hole is.... but....

But can anybody recommend a scenic spot in the Okanagan with great availability for whitetails during the doe opening?

My co-workers and I have had a yearly tradition of getting a cabin and hunting near dee lake behind winfield.

Its a great spot, everybody bags a doe the first day or two and then spends the rest of the trip looking for bucks, but its just boring after a few years. Its not the most scenic spot and I'd love to mix things up with better more interesting scenery.

monasheemountainman
08-13-2016, 11:48 PM
Get a tent or a camper and go wherever you want! Anywhere up hwy 33 is nice

OutWest
08-14-2016, 12:02 AM
Head East up Hwy 33 - lots of camp sites and piles of deer. Not sure how far you want to go but there's loads of whitetails the whole way.

primmed99
08-14-2016, 03:35 AM
I'm all for helping a guy out but come on man go burn some gas and some boot leather that's half the fun, a spot for doe's. I mean really is that a real question this bc and your in the okanagan the run around there like rats. Here is my tip grab a map close your eyes and point your finger on the map......drive to your new personally found honey hole. Have fun

RBooth
08-14-2016, 06:17 AM
If you do a few drives first and last light in some new to you territory you'll find all the 'doe spots' you'll need. Where you see whitey does, bucks won't be far generally.

lovemywinchester
08-14-2016, 08:13 AM
If you do a few drives first and last light in some new to you territory you'll find all the 'doe spots' you'll need. Where you see whitey does, bucks won't be far generally.

Reg 8 is hunted out of wt, We all know that. That's all we seem to hear on here anyways!. Now, Rbooth, whats the story on that cranker WT in your avatar??

08-14-2016, 10:23 AM
Christian Valley/Rock Creek - lots of camp sites and piles of deer.

X 2 North and south end of the Kettle have beautiful country to hunt. Last couple of years l've taken to checking out that
part of the world and there aren't too many of the big game species l haven't seen. Few good fishing lakes as well, although
my experience with them has been hot or cold no in between.

HarryToolips
08-14-2016, 03:36 PM
X 2 North and south end of the Kettle have beautiful country to hunt. Last couple of years l've taken to checking out that
part of the world and there aren't too many of the big game species l haven't seen. Few good fishing lakes as well, although
my experience with them has been hot or cold no in between.
What he said...8-23 around the farms of cherry ville and lumby good too..

czechsanchez
08-14-2016, 05:43 PM
I'm all for helping a guy out but come on man go burn some gas and some boot leather that's half the fun, a spot for doe's. I mean really is that a real question this bc and your in the okanagan the run around there like rats. Here is my tip grab a map close your eyes and point your finger on the map......drive to your new personally found honey hole. Have fun

We're from the Coast, otherwise I wouldnt be asking

rec
08-15-2016, 09:41 PM
Head north from Rock Creek past Westbridge or towards Beaverdell and you'll find WT REC

RBooth
08-18-2016, 02:17 PM
Reg 8 is hunted out of wt, We all know that. That's all we seem to hear on here anyways!. Now, Rbooth, whats the story on that cranker WT in your avatar??
One of those hunted out region 8 bucks

351BII
08-18-2016, 02:53 PM
Head north from Rock Creek past Westbridge or towards Beaverdell and you'll find WT REC

I second that. Theres a road called oulette and one called fourth of july. Ive never been skunked. Some trips ive put miles on but as for wt thats where ive filled the freezer more than once. Couple nice campgrounds there too. ALOT of road hunteers in this area. Do yourself a favor and get out of the truck.