PDA

View Full Version : Liza lake

new hunter
08-13-2016, 07:45 PM
Ive been planning a trip up to liza lake in the 3-32 around the 10th of oct hoping to take advantage of antlerless white tail season , and maybe any buck black tail if the seasons line up .
I was planning to drive up in my 2 wheel pickup and canopy , and bring along my dirt bike to possibly get up to around 1500 m and set up a spike camp .
I've been up to the carol lake once so my knowledge of the area is limited , and due to a few family developments I havent been able to scout and wont have time til I get up there .
To top things off , today my coworker told me the area was unaccessible due to several slides in the area , but his info is 5 years old.
So thats why I'm posting , does anyone have newer info on the road conditions ?
Also , I read in the synopsis that there is a motor vehicle ban in the shulaps range above 1920m .
I feel stupid asking but am i ok to ride my bike one of the trails as long as i stay under 1920m , and could i expect to see signage me telling when im at that elevation or is that something I'd have to figure out myself ?
Any info would be appreciated , and i wouldnt be offended by opinions on wether its a good place to go or not , thanks .

juiceterboost
08-14-2016, 09:04 AM
It's worth checking out for any buck, I would be surprised if you see a white tail doe, but take a tag just in case. There won't be any signage once you hit 1920 your best bet is to frequently check with a gps so you don't cross that threshold..

steve-r
08-14-2016, 09:10 AM
Not sure how many Whitetail you'll see in that area, west of the Fraser, but any Mulie buck is open.
2wheel dr is fine on the main roads, until it snows. Pack a set of chains just in case. While you're there head to the Mud lakes and kill some wolves.

08-14-2016, 09:51 AM
Don't waste your time there for WT. Pure MD country. I'd be very very surprised if you even see. WT but who am I.

Far are better places for WT then there. Take a MD tag ......... Hope for. 4pt. Or hunt Oct.

RackStar
08-14-2016, 10:09 AM
mule deer country.

theres no white tails in reg 3. you must go to rock creek.. reg 8 only.....:|

Busterpayton54
08-14-2016, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't wanna be in those roads with a 2wd when the rain falls. They turn to slime real quick.

Buck
08-14-2016, 10:56 AM
I just spent a few days in the area no road problems.Never saw any whitetail.

new hunter
08-14-2016, 05:59 PM
Would i be wrong to expect to see white tail in the gwyneth and kingdom lakes area ?
I thought i saw a few whitetails around there when the wife and i went camping a few years back .

REMINGTON JIM
08-14-2016, 06:23 PM
never Heard of or seen a WT deer there ! :shock: RJ

Busterpayton54
08-14-2016, 07:43 PM
My bad, I had Liza and Noaxe mixed up

new hunter
08-14-2016, 10:40 PM
Thanks for all the responses , guess i wont bother waiting til wt antlerless . also gonna have to brush up on my species identification .

wideopenthrottle
08-14-2016, 10:57 PM
sarcasm> when they are laying on their back dead, a fully white belly is a white tail...a black crest on the chest is a muley/bt...WT deer have pointier toes as well.....Serious> look at a few with someone who knows first hand and antlers are a pretty reliable way of being sure..half joking/half serious>if hunting areas with both do it when there is an open season for both so you cant go wrong...heheheh

Busterpayton54
08-15-2016, 02:01 PM
Not to derail but what about upper relay creek, paradise creek. I haven't been up there in eternity but I've seen quite a few deer out there while riding, didn't pay much attention but I want to say they were white tail?????

steve-r
08-15-2016, 04:58 PM
also gonna have to brush up on my species identification .
anything is possible but highly unlikely you saw WT up Relay