PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy, another newbie asking for advice

Stalkalotapodamus
08-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Hello all, longtime lurker, first time poster.

I'm planning my first hunting trip, come 4 point season, and was hoping for a little bit of advice. So far i'm thinking either Cache Creek or Kamloops but willing to drive further if need be. I'm hoping to get up high, glass and see what I see. Is one of those areas good for a spot and stalk style hunt or should I consider somewhere else? I'm definitely willing to put boots on the ground to find some good glassing areas. I would assume the deer are probably going to be up high that early in the season? Or am I wrong about that? Thanks in advance for any help and also a big thanks to all the members who spend their valuable time helping out guys like me. I'd be pretty lost without you guys.

Cheers

finngun
08-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Early hunt might be hard,,,bec.trees are full of leaves...deers dont come much of opening,,till dark..stay mostly in thickets..
All over around Kammy is good deer country..even better if ya know any farmer who let ya in,,for white tale hunting..
Have good hunting.and knock down some jotes too:redface: f-G

HarryToolips
08-08-2016, 06:36 PM
^^^^^yup.....in warmer weather I find first and last light are always the best times, unless you've pegged a good water hole then other times can be effective, though you have to be ready to deal with the meat fast in the warmer weather..

Stalkalotapodamus
08-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm not expecting big things on account of the early season and my inexperience. But I figure the more I'm out there, the better chance I have to learn and possibly have some success.