PDA

View Full Version : Mitchell river Quesnel lake

justachip
08-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Hi
I am looking for any info on the Mitchell river that runs into Quesnel lake. We are taking the jet boats up to camp,look around and do some fishing. Any info would be appreciated its all new country to us.
Thanks in advance

srupp
08-07-2016, 06:56 PM
Hmm send a pm with ph number will call you immediately.
Steven Rupp

REMINGTON JIM
08-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Best KEEP your Jet Boats off the Mitchell river ! :-? jmo RJ

Drillbit
08-07-2016, 09:48 PM
I think there's a 50hp limit on that river now, not sure tho.

justachip
08-08-2016, 05:06 PM
I cant see any restrictions anywhere,I will check at the resort when we put the boat in.

browningboy
08-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Best KEEP your Jet Boats off the Mitchell river ! :-? jmo RJ

Why is that, see no restrictions anywhere?

REMINGTON JIM
08-08-2016, 10:07 PM
Why is that, see no restrictions anywhere?

Stay off of sensitive rivers with jet boats- the Mitchell is one of those rivers ! Boats Wash out a lot of the Salmon Egg stock ! RJ

tomahawk
08-09-2016, 07:55 AM
Maybe I'm missin something but asking at the resort on the day your about to start the trip?? So whats plan B if you don't go?
Ive been up the Mitchell in a 12 ft aluminum, quite frankly this is not a river boat kind of river. I agree totally with Remington Jim, the river is way to sensitive, head to a river that has the width and hard banks that can handle the wash.

I cant see any restrictions anywhere,I will check at the resort when we put the boat in.

Drillbit
08-09-2016, 09:34 AM
Not a lot of river to run there either. There's a log jam there that isn't very far up.

justachip
08-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Plan B would be fish the lake look around enjoy the day, It seems lately that there are lots of glass half empty black cloud kind of folks out there. Just taking the family out to see some new country and do some fishing.

Drillbit
08-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Plan B would be fish the lake look around enjoy the day, It seems lately that there are lots of glass half empty black cloud kind of folks out there. Just taking the family out to see some new country and do some fishing.

I was just trying to help you out and save you wasting your time. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings with the truth.

If that's what you're after (family exploring), un-load into Cariboo Lake and run the Cariboo up to the bridge. Great family recreational outing.

REMINGTON JIM
08-09-2016, 08:24 PM
I was just trying to help you out and save you wasting your time. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings with the truth.

If that's what you're after (family exploring), un-load into Cariboo Lake and run the Cariboo up to the bridge. Great family recreational outing.

Yes its a Real nice lake - river and Area there ! :smile: RJ

dino
08-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Talk to srupp. He has the low down there. The area is good for moose , goat and deer if you know where to go. Oh ya, lots of bears when the sockeye are ruNing.

Drillbit
08-16-2016, 06:17 PM
Hi
I am looking for any info on the Mitchell river that runs into Quesnel lake. We are taking the jet boats up to camp,look around and do some fishing. Any info would be appreciated its all new country to us.
Thanks in advance

Well, what did you end up doing and finding out?

justachip
08-16-2016, 07:03 PM
We had two great days ran the East arm did some fishing the first day and ran the North arm the second day Beautiful country.Thanks again to Mr Rupp for his input. Might try the Cariboo Lake/River run next time we are up.

dino
08-17-2016, 05:46 AM
Did you check out the falls at Niagara? I ve heard of people winching their boat around the falls. I don't know if it's true or not ��

Drillbit
08-17-2016, 08:43 AM
We had two great days ran the East arm did some fishing the first day and ran the North arm the second day Beautiful country.Thanks again to Mr Rupp for his input. Might try the Cariboo Lake/River run next time we are up.

Were you the guy with the dodge truck and the zodiac jet?

justachip
08-17-2016, 04:15 PM
Yes we checked out the falls very nice but I cant see anyone winching around those falls they are quite large. No Dodge truck but aluminum Jet boat.