PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Binoculars

LupieHunter
08-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Hi everyone,

So I need to buy a pair of binoculars for this years hunting season as I currently don't have a pair. 90 % of the hunting I do is waterfowl and I'm on a tight budget ($250 max) so not looking for the best of the best, more so the best bang for my buck at this time.

I've been looking online and Bushnell seems to be a popular brand in my price range with good/excellent reviews. The pair that has caught my eye is the Bushnell Trophy XLT 10x42mm http://www.cabelas.ca/product/21930/bushnell-trophy-xlt-binoculars
Cabela's has them on for $90 off right now plus a $30 mail in rebate through Bushnell and the reviews seem pretty good. Anyone have any firsthand experience using them or any other recommendations? FYI I'm located in the lower mainland.

Thanks,
Brianna

Whonnock Boy
08-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Don't know much about the binoculars in question, but it may be in your best interest to check out Gun Nutz in the equipment exchange.

LupieHunter
08-06-2016, 05:21 PM
Don't know much about the binoculars in question, but it may be in your best interest to check out Gun Nutz in the equipment exchange.

Not a member of that site.

adriaticum
08-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Don't buy cheap Bushnell binos, I would rather buy cheap Vortex.
I have something similar to those you show there from Canadian Tire.
You're lenses will fog up when it's wet.
It's ok as a temporary/backup bino, but not real good quality.

swampthing
08-06-2016, 06:19 PM
When the son was younger I bought him a set of bushnell H2O binos for $100 that performed way better than I would have expected! They now reside in my work truck.

Ron.C
08-06-2016, 08:47 PM
When it comes to optics, you are better off saving your money and buying a good pair. But I understand that's hard to do when you have a limited budget and need gear.

I have an older pair of Simmons 10x50 sitting in my gear room collecting dust. They are not high end by any means, but the work. They are yours for if you want them and will get you by while you save your money for better bino's.

If your interested, shoot me a pm with a mailing address.

LupieHunter
08-06-2016, 09:34 PM
When it comes to optics, you are better off saving your money and buying a good pair. But I understand that's hard to do when you have a limited budget and need gear.

I have an older pair of Simmons 10x50 sitting in my gear room collecting dust. They are not high end by any means, but the work. They are yours for if you want them and will get you by while you save your money for better bino's.

If your interested, shoot me a pm with a mailing address.

Message sent and a huge thank you!

-Brianna

selvir
08-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Have exactly same pair great binos for the money, and if u want to buy them check London Drugs sometimes they have big sale prices...i got mine there

260rem
09-06-2016, 07:28 AM
Just like a lot of people I am on a tight budget,when I needed a new pair of binos I picked up a pair of Bushnell 10x42 H2o on sale at London Drugs a few years back and have no compaints and I put them through hell and back on moose and elk hunts.

shortrange
09-06-2016, 08:22 AM
Have exactly same pair great binos for the money, and if u want to buy them check London Drugs sometimes they have big sale prices...i got mine there

X2 on that. I shopped around and London Drugs had a sale. The Bushnell's I got are okay. Not expensive, so if I drop them I won't be crying....

LupieHunter
09-06-2016, 09:29 AM
Admins can you lock this thread please. Over and done with, got a pair of binos from a very generous HBC member.