PDA

View Full Version : Muskwa Access Info?

ROY-alty33
08-02-2016, 01:46 PM
So in doing some research for our early Oct Bison hunt heard an interesting rumour so looking for a bit of help here folks.
Do the new ATV rules allow for COs to fine and confiscate ATV with aftermarket 2 up seats, if so that really puts a hamper on my plans for the son to ride along on my bike.
I'm thinking this has always been a rule but is now being enforced a little more strictly along with all the other new ORV rules. So I have found 1 side by side that I could use in the Muskwa. (My preference is SxS vs 2up)
Now the second part of my question is the 500kg weight limit in the Muskwa area vehicle curb weight or actual weight on the vehicle, I've read that it is curb weight (listed dry weight) but would like to know for sure before I drop an extra 10,000 on this rip.

swampthing
08-02-2016, 07:15 PM
I don't know about the 2 up thing on an atv? You would think they would leave that alone if you had everything else in order. I bought a mid size ranger 800 for access in there because it is 498kg listed weight. This is what counts. You can add all the gear you want and even a trailer. When I was researching this the CO told me it would be a good idea to carry the factory brochure showing the listed weight.

ROY-alty33
08-02-2016, 10:47 PM
The mid size Ranger was the one I was looking at.

tomahawk
08-03-2016, 07:31 AM
your limited where you can go so rather then buy something new to you, call the CO's office in John and ask the question of them? Get the guys name and head out? rather then ask if its ok to do , ask them if you will be stopped for riding 2 up on a quad? just a thought rather then goin through a purchase.

TrickleCharger
08-03-2016, 08:12 AM
Can't help with your question but man, what kind of world is it when it's illegal for a guy to double his kid on an ATV..

Husky7mm
08-03-2016, 08:47 AM
Can't help with your question but man, what kind of world is it when it's illegal for a guy to double his kid on an ATV..

No doubt, sad..... Ruled and taxed to death.

goatdancer
08-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Check your insurance policy. Most won't insure doubling unless the ATV is manufactured for that purpose.

ROY-alty33
08-20-2016, 02:31 AM
So I called the CO office in FSJ and as far as he knew it wasn't an issue, he was looking into it further but hasn't got back to me yet....
So to hijack my own thread is the airport that most people stay at located at 57.17'38.2"N 123.01'00.0W off the 171 or is it the larger one visible on google maps nearer the 156 Rd.

northernbc
08-20-2016, 02:37 AM
There is no where to stay at any airport in John. Do you mean as in a hotel.?

tomahawk
08-20-2016, 07:20 AM
So I called the CO office in FSJ and as far as he knew it wasn't an issue, he was looking into it further but hasn't got back to me yet....
So to hijack my own thread is the airport that most people stay at located at 57.17'38.2"N 123.01'00.0W off the 171 or is it the larger one visible on google maps nearer the 156 Rd.

Its at the end of vehicle traffic on the 171 rd, the gate on the road is right there and has quad access but not vehicle. Several good camping area's to choose from, lots of wind throughout the whole valley so tie everything down well.